• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

ex-christian preacher turned atheist

Psalm23

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes it does cos as you will find out if you had , these ex christians were actually evangelists and preachers and pastors and leaders of their churches!!.
a few more that i have told you about are Joshua evans, Jerald Dirks, Bart Erhmann, Elaine Pagels etc etc

sad if youre on that side I know but you have to search and research the truth.

You can give another thousand names, but still cannot prove that God doesn't exist and Bible is not the word of God. The most you can tell people are the names of those who have given up their faith. Based on some of those 'pastors', 'evangelists' etc who have given up their faith, believers' faith can either be strengthened or weakened by them. Yes...some may say, ok pastor So-and-So has given up his faith so let me follow him and also give up my faith, my belief. So, you conclude that this person who just followed pastor So-and-So is now a very intelligent man; man of great integrity; has woke up? I really fail to see the logic. How about one day, a great Muslim leader, or a very popular monk given up their faith and confession Jesus as Saviour, than what's next? Oh, no...now God is real; Jesus is real. I really cannot see your point. How about one day, you confess here that you are now a Christian....so what's next...oh guy-uninterrupted is now a Christian, Jesus must be real. Let's follow him and be a Christian. (Perhaps your conversion may be a remote possibility, but frankly who knows right?)

I chose to be strengthened and the reason is very simple. It's in the Bible and we are told about this two thousand years ago that some will give up their faith in the last days and turn away from God (1 Timothy 4:1) 'These' people God spoke about are believers. As you examine this letter by Apostle Paul to Timothy, the people that going to turn away are not just ordinary believers, they are people who are religious leaders.

We believe in the Bible. We don't go and keep records of the names of pastors, evangelists, etc who have given up their faith and to also keep names of ex-Buddhists, ex-Muslims, ex-Hindus who have become Christians and then make our decision whether we should continue with our faith or to give up our faith. This is totally irrelevant.

Last edited:

Perspective

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is a difference between history and religions. Religions state that the bible is fact and inspired by god and is infallible and cannot be doubt. But if you look at the bible from the historical view, it fell into changes, modifications, alterations, deletions addition throughout the history. forget about those stories about scribes will copy word for word without any mistakes, less a stroke will not be missed until end of times etc...

Dont take my word for this. Please view Bart Ehrman's Misquoting jesus and ...

[video=youtube;Y3N4ymHO-eA]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y3N4ymHO-eA&feature=related[/video]

Dr Francesca Stavrakopoulou, bible research scholar from University of Exeter had stated that historically, the bible is not accurate at all...

[video=youtube;rfDJbi5gfC0]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rfDJbi5gfC0&feature=related[/video]

The atheists are entitled to their opinion and I am not God to judge. But the bible is described as inerrant word of God and not "infallible". Also, I do not think that any historians who recorded history meant for it to be inaccurate, so it's inane to say that just because atheists think the history of Jesus was inaccurate, they must be absolutely correct.

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
The atheists are entitled to their opinion and I am not God to judge. But the bible is described as inerrant word of God and not "infallible". Also, I do not think that any historians who recorded history meant for it to be inaccurate, so it's inane to say that just because atheists think the history of Jesus was inaccurate, they must be absolutely correct.

the point you missed like mr psalm is the same.. its the elephant in the room . Look at the bible study it from an objective wiewpoint and research it.Find out why the Christian ministers preachers and leaders of their churches left the religion.Do not live a lie.
Inerrent word of God? really?well ok i gave it another look and realise yes there are some words of God there but which are the ones that are and which are the ones that were added by errant men who write these scriptures with their own hands and say this is from God?

?"If God had meant for us to receive the miracle of the bible, why did he not perform the miracle of preserving it?"Bart Ehrmann
I bet you havent seen the Bart Erhmann video.

fishbuff

Alfrescian
Loyal

well, you have experts, scholars and scientists in fields of history, religions, physics, biology, cosmology, geology, paleontology, genealogy, DNA, evolution, chemistry etc have indicated otherwise, what more do you want? the onus is on believers to take up the challenge and think thru' instead of covering the ears and pretend everything is hunky dory.

either you are right and every single scientists in major reputable universities is wrong or, every scientists is right and you are wrong. what are the odd?

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
Psalm wrote :You can give another thousand names, but still cannot prove that God doesn't exist and Bible is not the word of God

no need for a thousand names .You have skirted the issue yet again .have you seen the Bart Erhman video at all? do you know how the bible had come to be written?you dont i bet.
thats your proof! what other proof do you need that the bible was corrupted by men centuries after Jesus? Or was Bart ERrhman just telling lies? in which case he should be censured in his own bible belt uni in NC.

guy-uninterrupted

Alfrescian
Loyal
When you are seeking knowledge who or what do you turn to? you go to the library the bookstore etc. and look for some books.

Now if you have a question regarding the books that you are reading then obviously you consult the experts in that field .The author, the scholars the people who have studied the book and its history inside and out and if you still not happy with their findings then you consult other experts other scholars until you find a reasonable or an acceptable answer. It may not be palatable which in the case of the bible is very..
but you do not want to live a lie your whole life and find that all that you did was in vain.
GXFC!

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
why are we even talking seriously about that lousy jokebook called Bible ???!!!

even MAD magazine makes more sense...................