• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

Investor888

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only very crass and boorish people loves to show off their wealth and how much they earn but then, those figures are usually inflated several times over to boost their ego .

There is absolutely no need to be jealous and too sensitive when money is mentioned. There are always people who earns more or less than you.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Seems that last night's massive jam was also a result of heightened security check, not just because of more shoppers returning to SG. Have to choose the entry/exit timing wisely.

potter

Alfrescian
Loyal
Jam again..:p

Ringgit Dips to Weakest Level Since 1998 Asia Financial Crisis
by Y-Sing Liau
and Netty Idayu Ismail
December 19, 2016, 10:01 AM GMT+8

Malaysia’s ringgit touched the lowest level since the Asian financial crisis as investors continue to sell down emerging-market assets and after a crackdown on currency speculators last month exacerbated outflows.

The ringgit declined as much as 0.1 percent to 4.4805 per dollar, a level unseen since January 1998, according to prices from local banks compiled by Bloomberg, before paring losses to trade little changed at 4.48 at 9:52 a.m. in Kuala Lumpur.

The most important market news of the day.
Get our markets daily newsletter.
The ringgit has lost more than 6 percent since the U.S. election, the biggest decline in emerging Asia, as expectations that incoming American president Donald Trump will stoke inflation with his fiscal policies spurred outflows from the region. Sentiment toward Malaysian assets has also been hurt by the central bank’s move in November to clamp down on trading of non-deliverable forwards even as it provided greater onshore hedging flexibility with revised regulations.

“It is a confluence of the relative decline in cash metric, high foreign holding of bonds sold off, investors’ trepidation about FX controls and the underlying political or headline risks,” said Vishnu Varathan, a senior economist at Mizuho Bank Ltd. in Singapore.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Whatever the rate is today, by next week when all the Malaysian Chinese return Kampong for CNY and change for RM en masse, creating a false demand and cause the RM to appreciate.
Every year same old story.

I think the savvy Malaysian will change the minimal and bring back a safer physical S$ notes to their kampong. We all learn from history.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
I think the savvy Malaysian will change the minimal and bring back a safer physical S$ notes to their kampong. We all learn from history.

But with hundred of thousands balik kampong same time and the sudden surge in RM demand will cause still the RM to rise and even "out of stock" in some MC in Singapore.
People never learn from history.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Today you can easily get RM$3.10 in JB City Centre. Plenty of stock even when we are so near to CNY.

RM should never ever be out of stock in MY and if really out of stock, then something very serious is happening!
In fact, the MC in JB are so glad to sell off as much RM as possible!
Obviously if there is any RM "out-of-stock" situation, it should be outside MY la, like those MC in SG for example.

enjoylife77

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RM$ Out-Of-Stock situation happened in 1999 Asian Financial Crisis on both side of the Causeway when news leaked that the MY government was about to issued a currency peg. The weakest level was RM$2.52 vs S$1.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
The RM$ Out-Of-Stock situation happened in 1999 Asian Financial Crisis on both side of the Causeway when news leaked that the MY government was about to issued a currency peg. The weakest level was RM$2.52 vs S$1.

That's why I said unless something very serious is happening when currency in the country is out of stock.
This happened recently in Greece when the country went bankrupt, the people cannot withdraw their own money from the bank and were only allowed very small amount limited to once a day while local credit cards were no more accepted.