• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
LGLab
ya , dun ever let yr agent know when u going to bring large amount of cash over ...u never know whether they can be trusted. Or nego wiith him to issue 1 cheque 20k first and subsequent cheque lor if he keep rushing u.
Ya , Johor will do , btw , u have internet banking ? have u check the first remittance in ?
U know , i hate to drive to JP carpark , so jam , so I learnt to park at e drive thru mac just opp and walk over n pass by UOB and take the escalator down , can reach Raffles money changer liao . can save on parking too ! mac is free for 1st hour only.

Last edited:

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
LGLab
ya , dun ever let yr agent know when u going to bring large amount of cash over ...u never know whether they can be trusted. Or nego wiith him to issue 1 cheque 20k first and subsequent cheque lor if he keep rushing u.
Ya , Johor will do , btw , u have internet banking ? have u check the first remittance in ?
U know , i hate to drive to JP carpark , so jam , so I learnt to park at e drive thru mac just opp and walk over n pass by UOB and take the escalator down , can reach Raffles money changer liao . can save on parking too ! mac is free for 1st hour only.

Hi Crystal,

He kept rushing me to go down to sign SPA. Agreed this friday to head down to sign.
He said if i exceed the 1 month period to sign SPA then will be problematic.

I do not have internet banking, when i opened my account, the counter staff (not very friendly) have not let me know I can do that.
Communications is minimum when I am opening account with her.

I ride a bike, therefore more economical. I will head down today for the 3rd 10,000 RM to be remitted.

I seen the rate still stuck at 242 something, although XE.com reflects 243 already..

Thanks for all the advice...

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
I have to admit that I paid ALL my downpayments in cash.
Each time changed SGD to MYR around 20-30k and deposited into bank - took me several trips - then issued cheques to developers.

Partly because I really enjoyed driving into JB, checking out all the various places - now actually quite familiar - and having a relaxing (decent) massage and nice dinner (Habib, Sutera, etc) thereafter before heading home.

Just stating this as an option that can and obviously been done before (by many others too, I'm sure)... probably considered inadvisable by most and impracticable by others... but I'd probably do it again for my next purchase.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
rate is bad now.

yesterday i TT another 10k RM..

only manage to get 242.2RM. Raffles at Jurong Point..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
yes , its like that when near to CNY period , they know a lot of ppl changing money , so they wanna earn more .

not only that, if u were to go xe.com the rate also coming down..

my agent are pushing me to go over...

i gonna bring around 98000 RM so far.

broken down as follows:-

laywer fee to sign SPA - 5000RM deposit.
agent fee - 6200RM
14% of my purchase 86,800RM.

So far, i only remitted 30,000RM.

Today going to do another 10,000RM! -.-''

Last edited:

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
not only that, if u were to go xe.com the rate also coming down..

my agent are pushing me to go over...

i gonna bring around 98000 RM so far.

broken down as follows:-

laywer fee to sign SPA - 5000RM deposit.
agent fee - 6200RM
14% of my purchase 86,800RM.

So far, i only remitted 30,000RM.

Today going to do another 10,000RM! -.-''

back date cheque to them , they cant clear cheque during festive season ma ....

maxpark

Alfrescian
Loyal
nope!

no cheque book for me! maybank tell me that i should have been introduced by someone before they can give me cheque book.

dunno what nonsense!!!

I had the same nonsense by Maybank, stoopid policy.

Walked across to Hong Leong Finance and opened account + got the cheque book immediately.
Its much more convenient to have a current account with you as inevitably you will need to issue cheques in the future, I dont think you want to do cashier's cheque each time...

Good luck!

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had the same nonsense by Maybank, stoopid policy.

Walked across to Hong Leong Finance and opened account + got the cheque book immediately.
Its much more convenient to have a current account with you as inevitably you will need to issue cheques in the future, I dont think you want to do cashier's cheque each time...

Good luck!

i think banker draft is my way to go. as i am due on this friday to submit 14% , 5k lawyer fee and 1% agent fee.

i remit not enough, got to bring cash over as well.. darn..

fc3s1

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybank allow walk-in to buy a banker's cheque of any amount payable to your developer at rm5 each.
you only need to bring cash + your S & P to prove that $$$ is for property purchase.
I normally use Maybank @ Bukit Indah.
Less hassle than remittance if you are paying a lump sump for downpayment, lawyers fees, state consent etc...

Talking Donkey

Alfrescian (S)
for those staying at bukit indah or HH area
there is this chinese moneychanger at the causeway link bus terminal at bukit indah which give very good rates
me and my friends went,we got very good rates lets say the rate is rm$2.42
after some haggling with the money changer..i get $2.43..my friend even better he get $2.44
remember you need to do abit of haggling..he will cave in.

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
Maybank allow walk-in to buy a banker's cheque of any amount payable to your developer at rm5 each.
you only need to bring cash + your S & P to prove that $$$ is for property purchase.
I normally use Maybank @ Bukit Indah.
Less hassle than remittance if you are paying a lump sump for downpayment, lawyers fees, state consent etc...

Hi Bro,

I do not get what u meant?

Go bank and get a banker cheque? but first of all, you would require sufficient balance on your account right?...

rm5 ??

Mine is not developer, i bought from open market.. therefore, my banker draft should go to the laywer and not to developer..

LGLab

Alfrescian
Loyal
for those staying at bukit indah or HH area
there is this chinese moneychanger at the causeway link bus terminal at bukit indah which give very good rates
me and my friends went,we got very good rates lets say the rate is rm$2.42
after some haggling with the money changer..i get $2.43..my friend even better he get $2.44
remember you need to do abit of haggling..he will cave in.

the rate now is terrible. 2.41 at raffles money changer at jurong point..

fc3s1

Alfrescian
Loyal
You can use CASH in RM to buy a Banker's Cheque / Cashier's order of ANY amount (More than RM10k also can)
payable to lawyer or developer as long as you show them a proper S&P.
No need to deposit the $$$ into your account.
The charges for each banker's cheque / Cashier's order is rm5. (Maybank service charge)
1. Fill in the application at the counter
2. Proceed to Maybank $$$ counting room to hand over your cold hard cash for verification.
3. Wait 3 mins for your Cheque.
4. Hand over Cheque to your Lawyer / Developer