• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Exchange Rates for RM

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
index.png

Bank Negara's updated One Year Historical Chart for the RM Exchange Rate against major currencies for reference.
Seems like the direction is mostly one way for the whole year.

chuckyworld

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
What is the current rate for MYR, where is the best place to get better rate in SG, Thanks in advance for your kind advise.:smile:

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://cashchanger.co/singapore/sgd-to-myr

Bros and sisters may want to try Instarem. Found this online remit service which offers competitive rates -- way better than DBS remit and slightly better than MC rates! Remits within 2 days, which is awesome for me. :biggrin:

https://www.instarem.com/

The exchange rate is better than DBS indeed. It is registered with MAS (https://masnetsvc.mas.gov.sg/FID.html), hence for $1-2k SGD for home instalment or other expenditure it should be fine. However I would still caution against remitting big amount using such online companies without a proven track record in Singapore.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The exchange rate is better than DBS indeed. It is registered with MAS (https://masnetsvc.mas.gov.sg/FID.html), hence for $1-2k SGD for home instalment or other expenditure it should be fine. However I would still caution against remitting big amount using such online companies without a proven track record in Singapore.

Not sure how long it takes to remit money from SG bank to MY bank. Registration procedures also seem rather tedious. My account is pending approval for now.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Not sure how long it takes to remit money from SG bank to MY bank. Registration procedures also seem rather tedious. My account is pending approval for now.

It is usually about 1 working day for processing for me using DBS. The money appears in MY bank in another working day. If you are using DBS online banking, there is no need to register.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is usually about 1 working day for processing for me using DBS. The money appears in MY bank in another working day. If you are using DBS online banking, there is no need to register.

I mean with InstaReM, not DBS whose rate is only so-so. Seems that InstaReM is quite fast, with favourable rates. But the registration process is a bit more cumbersome.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just completed my first remittance with Instarem. So far, it's quite good, and the rates kill the moneychangers in situations where the ringgit is falling.

I will be careful though not to remit the big amounts......

AHGS14

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just completed my first remittance with Instarem. So far, it's quite good, and the rates kill the moneychangers in situations where the ringgit is falling.

Hi, care to share the rate you gotten? Thanks.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal

Rates are indeed slightly better than DBS. I might switch over from DBS. My application is pending approval. Thanks for sharing this good deal :smile:

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thank you very much.

Just compared Instarem's rates with a few other online remittance companies eg WorldRemit, Transferwise, and Instarem's rates are still the best. There's also first transfer bonus ($6 or $10 depending on promo codes) and referral bonus ($20).

With its thin spread, I have no idea how it intends to make money though (huge volumes needed), but like uber/grab, I will just enjoy the rates while they last. Haha......

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just compared Instarem's rates with a few other online remittance companies eg WorldRemit, Transferwise, and Instarem's rates are still the best. There's also first transfer bonus ($6 or $10 depending on promo codes) and referral bonus ($20).

With its thin spread, I have no idea how it intends to make money though (huge volumes needed), but like uber/grab, I will just enjoy the rates while they last. Haha......

My trial transfer using Instarem is successful. It took about 1 working day from DBS bank account to Instarem and another 2 working days from Instarem to my Malaysia bank account. The saving can be estimated using today's rates below, which is good for a day's meal (assuming SGD $2k TT) :smile:

SGD $1k = MYR $3,124.57 (Instarem)
SGD $1k = MYR $3,102.7 (DBS)

Saving = MYR $21.87 per SGD $1k

Last edited:

eric3417

Alfrescian
Loyal
TQ for sharing. Rate is very attractive. But 3days from funds out (SG bank) to receiving (MYR bank) is uncomfortable especially if TT amount is substantial.

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Very interesting, but 3 days to receive funds is not so good.
Did a quick compare with Cashchanger on the rates quoted by FHBH12 today..... MYR 3.124 against MYR 3.117, would make MYR70 difference for Sgd 10K, but would be instantly receive MYR for the SGD sum changed.

FHBH12

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just to answer PMs on the discount code at the Instarem website, I neither have the discount code nor applied it for my trial TT.

I believe the saving will be more significant if you track the exchange rate more closely, and my benchmark is any TT rate that is more than 3.10 is an excellent rate.

To capture better rates, it will be useful if you keep at least 3 months of loan instalment value in your Malaysia bank account to ride out wild swings in forex e.g. due to festive seasons, Jun and Dec holiday periods.

If you have patience, time is money.