• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

If you are investing in property this may be a plus. However I'm not looking to invest just looking for a place with a reasonable quality of life in my senior years. I see the distance from Spore a plus point for LOS. JB is too close to the red dot & you have the crowds, traffic, inflation, etc from Spore. This is driving the high inflation in JB which is the highest in Malaysia.

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: yes actually staying here long term need not invest in property, here long term rental apartments with all necessary amenities goes for as low as 4000baht (less than $200) per month. And there are lots to do here in this vast country.

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

boss, i am sure you are monitoring. How about it? Start a sticky ? I think interest exists and can be further generated.

Is there a critical mass to get this new section going?

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Is there a critical mass to get this new section going?
u shud form a committee 2 study iz feasibility n den submit u a repot ... n den u shud submit ur plan 2 ur favorite loon gahmen 4 approval ... :rolleyes:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin: yes actually staying here long term need not invest in property, here long term rental apartments with all necessary amenities goes for as low as 4000baht (less than $200) per month. And there are lots to do here in this vast country.

I vote joetys as Mod to cut out the sleaze and racist bigots.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

I vote joetys as Mod to cut out the sleaze and racist bigots.

Bro please don't sahboh because I also don't know anything about operating this forum like points and zaps and whatever crap these are please hor I need to work hor many people in Poseidon depending on me hor. No no no I kindda like the idea of "South East Asia - Our Backyard" by scroobal.

Also I to much sleaze liao I disqualify for anything.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

That was essentially why he wants to stay single and his retirement plan in Thailand. Actually, the question of setting up dedicated folder for individual countries seems redundant. Shouldn't all these discussion be part of the emigration folder? Why bother with this when you have a perfectly good folder in place? The question perhaps is why no one is using the emigration folder for this?

Good idea:smile:
For many Sporeans the instituition of marriage is about the 6Cs. If you can't afford or don't want to commit to the 6Cs, a maid is cheaper & they might even know how to cook :biggrin:

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Bro please don't sahboh because I also don't know anything about operating this forum like points and zaps and whatever crap these are please hor I need to work hor many people in Poseidon depending on me hor. No no no I kindda like the idea of "South East Asia - Our Backyard" by scroobal.

Ahh sorry sorry bro. Don't mean to sabo you lah. Just thought you have lived there and can help those who might want to move in that region. Indonesia and Philippines are not popular destinations although I can give my 2 cents' worth for these 2.:wink:

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Ahh sorry sorry bro. Don't mean to sabo you lah. Just thought you have lived there and can help those who might want to move in that region. Indonesia and Philippines are not popular destinations although I can give my 2 cents' worth for these 2.:wink:

Joking also la anyway going for a rub now . . . . sabai-sabai

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

What those that wanted to retire in Thailand just for the purpose of being able to change hookers girlfriend every week? I personally know of someone here with the plan to retire in Thailand with a "nurse" and "girlfriend" by the seaside.
I doubt you can cut out the sleaze totally....there are people who factor in commercial sex in their choice of a place.....dun tell me you Thai expats never been to apnam joints? Some of the nicks I see here are the tai gors in the sex forum

Alamaking

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Seriously I was considering it 3-4 years ago, selling my apartment here can buy 3 apartments there, stay in 1 and rent 2 apartments, no need to work liao, lol

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

joe has good inputs for thailand. Sleaze , transgender etc ..sure can talk la on a seperate thread. I would be interested too. :o

If no sleaze and transgender, what is there to talk about tie-land:(:confused:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

That was essentially why he wants to stay single and his retirement plan in Thailand. Actually, the question of setting up dedicated folder for individual countries seems redundant. Shouldn't all these discussion be part of the emigration folder? Why bother with this when you have a perfectly good folder in place? The question perhaps is why no one is using the emigration folder for this?

Sadly for many Sporeans staying single is more of a financial decision, not only because of cost but also because of the women's charter.

An emigration folder would be useful for sharing info about long term housing, health, flooding areas, mundane things,... I've been reading the JB folder & there are plenty of people looking for answers to all sorts of questions. Many Sporeans are now in their twilight years & are realising that Spore is not safe or cheap anymore. A LOS folder might help highlight that Aus, Canuck, JB is not the only option:smile:

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

to live in places like thailand for eg one good thing would be to learn some basic thai and read basic thai too. Would really help greatly. Know some locals over there and of course some expats. Other forums have more info on that.

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have been in the forum from the start. Occasionally there will be 2 or 3 who will talk about VISA, House, land etc in Thailand but it tends to fizzle out. The same with Bintan and Bataam which used to to be popular in the old days.

Would suggest a title change to "A Singaporean's Guide to Living in South East Asia". The Ang Mos know how to get the best out of this part of the world. Places like Bali, Phuket, Chiangmai, Bangkok, Manila etc are all paradise in the right suburb. I know a SIngaporean who took out his CPF, went to Bali, built 6 resort style homes, rents 5 to foreigners and lives in one with his wife. I know a civil servant who lives in Chiangmai and another who started a business in Rangoon. Also know a guy who runs a hospitality training centre in Manila to train those for "foreign service"

Just make sure that it does not turn into a folder for those who delude themselves by calling hookers girlfiend, recommendations on massages, fishtanks and cheap clothes. These are beautiful places so lets not spoil it. The JB thread is a magnet because they don't talk about cheap fucks.

100% with you here.

SibeiKing

Alfrescian
Loyal

Bro joetys. I like to sleaze too. But If I want to settle down in Bkk or Vietnam, that should not even be on my decision making process.
to start things off, hope you can point me to some areas that are suitable for consideration.
Am looking for a 150k-200k sgd apt to buy outright. Feasible to rent out maybe a room and keeping 1 main room for myself. With the new Airport link coming out, any news on which area will likely benefit from this? Personally, I feel the political climate in thailand promising. Was let down by Vietnam a couple of years ago when i thought all things were going the right direction for them. I know of a few Singapore/Vietnam colloboration still stuck in the m&d after 7 years in planning.
Of course, dinner on me when I go over to bkk.:biggrin:

Last edited: