• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Re: A Singaporean's guide to living in Thailand ? Feasible?

I think not enough critical mass as yet.
Most are the sex tourist looking for lobang without intention of settling down in Thailand.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Narong I don't think most are sex tourists la. Many talk about living and retiring in this country also what its just the distance is much farther than JB so less takers for now. But I must admire the angmohs who are so into coming here a living here for life. Visit http://www.thaivisa.com and you will see all sorts of serious discussions about facilities, requirements, investments etc etc

I think not enough critical mass as yet.
Most are the sex tourist looking for lobang without intention of settling down in Thailand.

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Narong I don't think most are sex tourists la. Many talk about living and retiring in this country also what its just the distance is much farther than JB so less takers for now. But I must admire the angmohs who are so into coming here a living here for life. Visit http://www.thaivisa.com and you will see all sorts of serious discussions about facilities, requirements, investments etc etc
Yes thaivisa, arjarn even stickman is good. We have yet to reach that level where many members can contribute....but we got to start somewhere.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Yes thaivisa, arjarn even stickman is good. We have yet to reach that level where many members can contribute....but we got to start somewhere.

I agree with you about critical mass, still not yet.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Have been in the forum from the start. Occasionally there will be 2 or 3 who will talk about VISA, House, land etc in Thailand but it tends to fizzle out. The same with Bintan and Bataam which used to to be popular in the old days.

Would suggest a title change to "A Singaporean's Guide to Living in South East Asia". The Ang Mos know how to get the best out of this part of the world. Places like Bali, Phuket, Chiangmai, Bangkok, Manila etc are all paradise in the right suburb. I know a SIngaporean who took out his CPF, went to Bali, built 6 resort style homes, rents 5 to foreigners and lives in one with his wife. I know a civil servant who lives in Chiangmai and another who started a business in Rangoon. Also know a guy who runs a hospitality training centre in Manila to train those for "foreign service"

Just make sure that it does not turn into a folder for those who delude themselves by calling hookers girlfiend, recommendations on massages, fishtanks and cheap clothes. These are beautiful places so lets not spoil it. The JB thread is a magnet because they don't talk about cheap fucks.

Last edited:

erection2015

Alfrescian (InfP) + C

i agree with you bro. For the thread to be taken seriously the sleaze should be kept out.

Have been in the forum from the start. Occasionally there will be 2 or 3 who will talk about VISA, House, land etc in Thailand but it tends to fizzle out. The same with Bintan and Bataam which used to to be popular in the old days.

Would suggest a title change to "A Singaporean's Guide to Living in South East Asia". The Ang Mos know how to get the best out of this part of the world. Places like Bali, Phuket, Chiangmai, Bangkok, Manila etc are all paradise in the right suburb. I know a SIngaporean who took out his CPF, went to Bali, built 6 resort style homes, rents 5 to foreigners and lives in one with his wife. I know a civil servant who lives in Chiangmai and another who started a business in Rangoon. Also know a guy who runs a hospitality training centre in Manila to train those for "foreign service"

Just make sure that it does not turn into a folder for those who delude themselves by calling hookers girlfiend, recommendations on massages, fishtanks and cheap clothes. These are beautiful places so lets not spoil it. The JB thread is a magnet because they don't talk about cheap fucks.

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal

Thanks for the support Bro.

Come to think of it maybe a folder called "South East Asia - Our Backyard" and to cover not only living in these cities but for those who travel to these places for various things like work, business, charity work etc. One of new forummer was sharing his experiences in Indonesia and the people. I know people currently doing charity work in Indoneia, Cambodia and Timor.

Might get the critical mass we are looking for.
i agree with you bro. For the thread to be taken seriously the sleaze should be kept out.

Windsor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Thanks for the support Bro.

Come to think of it maybe a folder called "South East Asia - Our Backyard" and to cover not only living in these cities but for those who travel to these places for various things like work, business, charity work etc. One of new forummer was sharing his experiences in Indonesia and the people. I know people currently doing charity work in Indoneia, Cambodia and Timor.

Might get the critical mass we are looking for.

Not to mention Philippines too bro.

Froggy

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset

Agree with you too bro. I can contribute to the many beautiful places in Thailand where the locals go as I am always with locals here and also local food as I love to eat. :p

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal

i agree. this will be very useful with everyone's non-sleazy sharing

Clone

Alfrescian
Loyal

Although this is a sister site of a sex forum, I can see most bros here are discerning enough not to mix sleaze with genuine discussions, a few jokes aside of coz.

A SEA folder sounds good as long as it's kept "clean".

Oh BTW, behind a sleazy tale, there could be a human story worth telling.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal

What those that wanted to retire in Thailand just for the purpose of being able to change hookers girlfriend every week? I personally know of someone here with the plan to retire in Thailand with a "nurse" and "girlfriend" by the seaside.

red amoeba

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

while we are at it...start one about China too....

there is a bro asking about Shanghai...its good to build on it.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

How about Africa. I just become an African citizen as some people are jealous that I am an Aussie.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

If you are investing in property this may be a plus. However I'm not looking to invest just looking for a place with a reasonable quality of life in my senior years. I see the distance from Spore a plus point for LOS. JB is too close to the red dot & you have the crowds, traffic, inflation, etc from Spore. This is driving the high inflation in JB which is the highest in Malaysia.

yinyang

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Clone said:
..most bros here are discerning enough not to mix sleaze with genuine discussions, a few jokes aside of coz. Oh BTW, behind a sleazy tale, there could be a human story worth telling.
What those that wanted to retire in Thailand just for the purpose of being able to change hookers girlfriend every week? I personally know of someone here with the plan to retire in Thailand with a "nurse" and "girlfriend" by the seaside.
This shd outlive other "headline" threads. Daresay there's more than underlying interest, as seen in other thai related threads.

And thread is what forumers make of it, with inevitable naughty jokes or lobangs. No need for (snidey) stiff upper lip, and whiter than grey caveats.

Last edited:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Good idea:smile:
For many Sporeans the instituition of marriage is about the 6Cs. If you can't afford or don't want to commit to the 6Cs, a maid is cheaper & they might even know how to cook :biggrin:

Last edited: