• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

congratulations to Anwar Acquital! UMNO Terrorists Began BOMBING!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Chances of Pakatan winning is pretty small. Najib will pull all tricks to ensure that. If that really happened, as pointed out there would be internal struggle, mess to clean up. The more interesting question for Singapore is how the MIW will spin this when it happen?

New dirty tricks have to be invented. The old BN tricks are too familiar already. Now the battle is in the dirty tricks areas. Even sex video CDs are considered old useless tricks already.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guess this is why WP's LTK and CSM are as cool as cucumbers now after winning Aljunied. Just doing things quietly and the Aljunied people are happier and happier as time goes by. Good move.

They have learned from 1992 SDP, but still there is damage - Eric Tan East Coast GRC was the candidate that I voted for. He left after the NCMP saga. However compared with 1992, this is much smaller. Mr. Chiam sued SDP big time then.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
If Anwar is acquitted aren't the gay man Saifu suppose to be charge for making false statement?

Prosecutors still considering to appeal against the acquittal, you think they will shoot their own main witness this way? They will make themselves looking ultra stupid by slapping own face this way.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
This acquittal is very suspicious. I suspect a deal has been struck, Maybe they will drag this out during election again.

Prosecutors still considering to appeal against the acquittal, you think they will shoot their own main witness this way? They will make themselves looking ultra stupid by slapping own face this way.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If Anwar is acquitted aren't the gay man Saifu suppose to be charge for making false statement?

Usually, prosecuting and defending sides won't be charged for false statements, just insufficient evidence and losing their cases, that's all. That their evidence is insufficient doesn't mean it's false. Otherwise, police prosecutors and witnesses would be sent to prison every time they lose a case.

But then again, there's such a charge for making false statements. It's very rare and difficult secure under "to the best of my knowledge or recollection." Most defendants lying and caught with proof to be lying would have been convicted for their crimes already, no further need for such a charge.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Usually, prosecuting and defending sides won't be charged for false statements, just insufficient evidence and losing their cases, that's all. That their evidence is insufficient doesn't mean it's false. Otherwise, police prosecutors and witnesses would be sent to prison every time they lose a case.

But then again, there's such a charge for making false statements. It's very rare and difficult secure under "to the best of my knowledge or recollection." Most defendants lying and caught with proof to be lying would have been convicted for their crimes already, no further need for such a charge.

They made it in many parts of so called law that you can literally get away with murder or anything else as long as AG / PP does not want to press charge, and they have absolute power to decide on weather to charge or not to. I did not highlight above but there are clauses stating that consent from AG/PP is needed even if other officers (e.g. CPIB director) want to charge a person. Under magistrate complain a citizen can initiate a criminal proceeding but AG/PP can take over the proceed (and drop the charge if they want to).

Public Prosecutor’s power to take over conduct of prosecution, etc.
13. Where a prosecution is conducted by a person other than the Public Prosecutor, the Solicitor-General, a Deputy Public Prosecutor or an Assistant Public Prosecutor, the Public Prosecutor may, if he thinks fit, take over the conduct of the prosecution at any stage of the proceedings and continue or discontinue the prosecution.

So what if prosecution's witnesses lied on the stand - I personally caught these more than once in the court. And they still got away, because no charge was read against liar in a court, so no judge may pass a verdict / sentence to penalise these perjuries & lies of false oaths.

In that Chicken Chop aunty's case they were victimised by perjuries & misled courts, in more than one occasions over the years. Now AGC is only Investigating these lies under false oaths and false documents tendered as evidence in cases. The out come could still be that AGC don't want to press any charge against the culprits.

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/QGCxWUjwYxI" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

<iframe src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/th1O7PmaHAc" allowfullscreen="" frameborder="0" height="360" width="640"></iframe>

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...;letter=Constitutional Documents;type=actsAll

Attorney-General
35.—(1) The office of Attorney-General is hereby constituted and appointments thereto shall be made by the President, if he, acting in his discretion, concurs with the advice of the Prime Minister, from among persons who are qualified for appointment as a Judge of the Supreme Court.

(8) The Attorney-General shall have power, exercisable at his discretion, to institute, conduct or discontinue any proceedings for any offence.

http://statutes.agc.gov.sg/aol/sear...titleResults.w3p;letter=C;pNum=1;type=actsAll

PART III
POWERS OF ATTORNEY-GENERAL
AND PUBLIC PROSECUTOR
Public Prosecutor
11.—(1) The Attorney-General shall be the Public Prosecutor and shall have the control and direction of criminal prosecutions and proceedings under this Code or any other written law.

Last edited:

Nice-Gook

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since every body writes,I might as well add my 2 cents worth.Anwar is an asshole(pun intended)

But the problem is the other more established opposition parties like PAS and DAP had painted themselves into a corner.As racist and religious parties.Hence both needed a middle man to gel strange bedfellows to sleep together.Anwar is that convenient platform.Anwar's own party called PKR is really a flip side of the UMNO;with it's cronyism and dirt .PKR administration of the Selangor State,which it won in GE2008,is nothing but full of shit.

Therefore,the real players are PAS and DAP--using Anwar.And all Anwar wants is to be the PM of Malaysia to get his pound of flesh;particularly that of Dr.M.

But DAP and PAS are ideologically world apart.They can never garner Malaysian votes as Malaysians but only as Chinese or Malay votes.Thus Indian votes becomes the king maker.Even that DAP screwed up badly since the bulk swing of Indian votes towards DAP 's favor in 2008 GE was totally self destructed by DAP Lim Eng Guan mishandling of a racially sensitive eviction issue.Lim Eng Guan after winning the GE on Indian votes came across betraying the very Indians.Najib as the seasoned politician offered homes to the very Indians whom DAP evicted gaining the Indian votes.Today the BN (UMNO)had won back almost all the Indian votes that it lost in GE 2008---it showed in a key by election where an unknown Indian candidate backed by UMNO defeated lawyer Zaid Ibrahim,the former de facto law minister who joined Anwar as a potential PM material.

Hence,the real issue is who ever wins the Malay votes in peninsular Malaysia wins the future GE.This is where the sodomy trial comes in handy.Not so much as to jail Anwar but to drag his name in dirt among conservative Malay voters.Because,it's the 65% Malay votes that were divided between 3 parties--UMNO,PAS and PKR.

Chinese voters now seems to back DAP.As it is proven in recent elections in Sarawak.Previously Sarawak was 100% behind BN but that is cracking somewhat but only where the Chinese are majority.And they are not many.

The bottom line is whichever party wins Sarawak and Sabah can eye Putrajaya not otherwise.Because one third of parliament seats belong here.Hence even if PAS takes the entire Malay votes in peninsula it has to depend on DAP in Sabah and sarawak.But DAP cannot win more than 25% seats in Sabah and Sarawak based on Chinese votes.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Again you're very insightful. I sensed your confidence in Pakaan's win. I am hoping for a change in Malaysia too as it will surely be able to affect Singapore's voters too in future.

Even old dog theif LKy admitted before GE2011 that LEEgime could lost power via poll and claimed that they would return to power within the next term. This is his view how easy to flip the table or get the power to change hand. So for LEEgime & BN their strategy is no longer same as their own past to cling-on at any cost, but to lose it with max chance to return ASAP.

They want to play softer and not risk a share of luck from Saddam / Gaddafi which means no more chance to return.:wink: They saw the consequence of playing the old hard-ball game - e.g. Egyptian Mubarak etc.

The bastards fear that the tough guys come up and take over and then lined them up for firing squad. So even aunty Aung San Suu Kyi got freed these days.:wink::cool:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Since every body writes,I might as well add my 2 cents worth.Anwar is an asshole(pun intended).

Although I congratulated Anwar today, I always remember since his old days in UMNO as minister then DPM.

If he awaited patiently in UMNO after Dr. M retired, today he would be 2nd term PM already, and Najib can be at the most his DPM. However he was impatient and ambitious and tried to oust Dr. M during financial crisis. So he got sacked by Dr. M, got ISA after Reformasi and got sodomy I case Refromasi fighters led by Wan Azisa continued while he was in ISA. .... until today.

So Anwar took literally the hardest route to power and that resulted largely from his own strategies.

Sodomy II is really recycled old tricks.

Isn't really expected to work, so the acquittal is not a big surprise.

If today's headline was Anwar convicted & sentenced few years, tomorrow's headline I can surely bet you is similar with REFORMASI II type of marching and protests, but way bigger scaled. Malaysian people already took too much craps from BN and today they are hitting back very strongly. Such an ignition will be extremely bad for BN in GE2012. Things will more likely work out well for Pakatan in GE2012 via that way. The acquittal puts off the steam from such a scenario. Pakatan will thank any conviction and press their start button for another bigger Arab Spring styled protest all the way to GE2012, and that would be the 3rd or 4th time in Malaysian history since Reformasi. It would be surely the FINAL TIME in 2012 because even the riot matas could Tahan the ballot boxes already wouldn't.

The Real Sodomy is @ BN's ass, and they know that. Sodomy II is too old a trick, isn't going to save their ass, not this time. They have to look for some new tricks. Just watch Najib! Something will come up.

Raiders

Alfrescian (InfP) + Mod
Generous Asset
The Real Sodomy is @ BN's ass, and they know that. Sodomy II is too old a trick, isn't going to save their ass, not this time. They have to look for some new tricks. Just watch Najib! Something will come up.

no wonder nowadays he is always seen with his Singapore's friend. Must be learning new tricks to fix the opposition :biggrin:

palden

Alfrescian
Loyal
Mahathir tak boleh Liao. That's why anwar walks free. Otherwise they will carry a be together with the tilam this time

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
no wonder nowadays he is always seen with his Singapore's friend. Must be learning new tricks to fix the opposition :biggrin:

FamiLEE LEEgime and BN are right now in the same sinking boat, so they are trying to save each other since they also have very few friends available to help them.:p

Chinese idiom says 臭气相投,同病相怜,狼狈为奸!

Ass Loong's trick won't help Najib much lah:

1. Pay Cut - Najib's pay too low to cut, if cut he might as well be PM for FOC:eek::*:
  2. Remove daddy from cabinet - Najib's daddy mati long ago liao.:p:rolleyes:
  3. Ponding - Malaysia so far none or too little flood - not Thailand!:biggrin:

Narong Wongwan

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Again you're very insightful. I sensed your confidence in Pakaan's win. I am hoping for a change in Malaysia too as it will surely be able to affect Singapore's voters too in future.

Malaysian opposition got a better chance because their voters are more savvy unlike unless sinkies

GoldenDragon

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I am aware AGC decides on the basis if subject was arrested and charged because of false statement given. Maids have gone in because of their false statements leading to arrest of employer.

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I am aware AGC decides on the basis if subject was arrested and charged because of false statement given. Maids have gone in because of their false statements leading to arrest of employer.

That's case of malicious allegation or framing.

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Could Saifull be counter sued for Defamation or Perjury in this case??