• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

New developments to share

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi iskandarrocks. Thanks for the picture. appreaciate your sharing.
just wonder is the link from sing site had yet to confirmed? Or already start building.
looking at the map͵ look most likely from yeo chu kang or chua chu kang in order to link this ciq across the strait.

I am not sure if they have plans to build something dedicated for this on the SG side. As per Imperia sales, they plan is to have ferry service run to an existing SG ferry terminal, most likely Harbourfront, so that they can get Sentosa (hence Universal) tourists get some additional theme park experiences at Legoland and Indoor Theme Park at Puteri Harbour.

dragonlance

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi mercuryz... I sm not familiar with orchid view but have you checked out Danga view or Petrie condo (higher end)? These 2 are pretty close to CIQ though not sure if within 2 km... How about tropez which is a relatively new launch in Danga bay as well?

mercuryz

Re: Investing in a condo near CIQ

Hi mercuryz... I sm not familiar with orchid view but have you checked out Danga view or Petrie condo (higher end)? These 2 are pretty close to CIQ though not sure if within 2 km... How about tropez which is a relatively new launch in Danga bay as well?

Hey Dragonlance,

Thanks for the reply, not yet to be honest. There was an advert on orchid view which was the only was on iproperty closest to the CIQ hence I focused on that, I'll do some looking into with regards to the two you mentioned. Cheers

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
I am not sure if they have plans to build something dedicated for this on the SG side. As per Imperia sales, they plan is to have ferry service run to an existing SG ferry terminal, most likely Harbourfront, so that they can get Sentosa (hence Universal) tourists get some additional theme park experiences at Legoland and Indoor Theme Park at Puteri Harbour.

Yeah, I think the plan is probably to link it to the new Marina South Cruise Terminal or Harbourfront. More for tourists rather than business travellers though, considering the time it will take to get to the 2 destinations. MRT from JB Sentral to downtown via Thomson Line should still be the fastest way to connect to downtown SG....

mercuryz

Hi IskandarRocks,

Do you have any good sales people I can contact with regards to property around Puteri Harbour? Would like to know more about the area being developed and whats available. Thanks!

IskandarRocks

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi IskandarRocks,

Do you have any good sales people I can contact with regards to property around Puteri Harbour? Would like to know more about the area being developed and whats available. Thanks!

Hi mercuryz: I will PM you the details of my sales contacts for both Imperia, Puteri Harbour and East Ledang. I am quite happy with both.

Cheers,

IR

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Re: Investing in a condo near CIQ

Hi, not an expert but I had viewed it once before.

Generally, it's one of the better maintained condo in the city area. I think the building is more than 10 years old now, and honestly having viewed the new designs and layouts of the new developments, I would rather go for new condos given that the price of orchid view is not that cheap. Over 400k.

So evaluate your options and visit new developments for a comparison ok?

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi everyone,

I am new here n starting to look at my 1st overseas property in JB.. need some advice and guidance.

I m looking at tanah sutera development properties, was looking at the terrace hse and the condo.... still trying to decide.....

Will be good if give me some guidance whether tanah sutera area is good n also if there is any other developments I should be looking at.

My main area of concern;
1) Security
2) Distance travelling to JB customs near city square

I very much prefer those houses with cluster security like Taman Impian Emas .....

Many thanks in advance and if I hd posted on the wrong thread, please let me know and I am sorry.....

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi everyone,

I am very new here.... just asking Tanah Sutera is it good area for investment as well as own use if I get a property there? please advise... many thanks

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
See below ...

Hi everyone,

I am new here n starting to look at my 1st overseas property in JB.. need some advice and guidance.

I m looking at tanah sutera development properties, was looking at the terrace hse and the condo.... still trying to decide.....

Will be good if give me some guidance whether tanah sutera area is good n also if there is any other developments I should be looking at.

Yes. I like that area. Very vibrant and houses are nice

My main area of concern;
1) Security
2) Distance travelling to JB customs near city square
If you have so decided to go by first link, then I personally wouldn't choose Sutera because the traffic volume is unpredictable and it could be quite high at certain hours, unless you don't mind spending more time on the road

I very much prefer those houses with cluster security like Taman Impian Emas .....

Many thanks in advance and if I hd posted on the wrong thread, please let me know and I am sorry.....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
hi everyone,

I am very new here.... just asking Tanah Sutera is it good area for investment as well as own use if I get a property there? please advise... many thanks

Hi Groovy73,

It also depends on your budget, i guess. If you are looking to travel via first link, I think you can also consider the larger developments like Nusa Idaman & Horizon Hills (via coastal highway); and Mount Austin & Setia Tropika (via EDL). For the smaller developments, you can look at Tebrau area (via EDL) such as Desa Tebrau and Taman Molek.

There's quite an array of choices but I do agree that Tanah Sutera's developments are very nice & amenities are v convenient. It can be a bit jammed though due to the shop developments there. Personally I am vested in Molek, but that's an individual choice. The options in JB are varied and quite exciting. Gd luck!

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Groovy73,

It also depends on your budget, i guess. If you are looking to travel via first link, I think you can also consider the larger developments like Nusa Idaman & Horizon Hills (via coastal highway); and Mount Austin & Setia Tropika (via EDL). For the smaller developments, you can look at Tebrau area (via EDL) such as Desa Tebrau and Taman Molek.

There's quite an array of choices but I do agree that Tanah Sutera's developments are very nice & amenities are v convenient. It can be a bit jammed though due to the shop developments there. Personally I am vested in Molek, but that's an individual choice. The options in JB are varied and quite exciting. Gd luck!

hey bro , that day i tried to go to taman molek via EDL , exit to pandan then make a uturn , i missed a turn and my gps leads me to some kampung turning ard and there .... so i quickly exit and went to bk indah liao ....
any idioit proof way to go ah ? haha

thanks

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey DreamorAction,

thanks for ur advice..... reali looking fwd to a nice and safe place to call my own in JB to rest for a few days befor heading back to Singapore for its hectic lifestyle.

Dear RedsYNWA,
Yes I am looking at travelling via first link cos I am staying in the East area at this very moment.

I very much prefer a place with not too high a density and also not too far from the Johor Customs near to City Square.

Those areas which u had mentioned are they nearer to the customs as compared to Tanah Sutera??? Appreciate if u can help me on tat.

Other queries requiring assistance;

1) Should I decide to proceed with the purchase with either the terrace house in tanah sutera or The SEED at tanah sutera as well, wat are the things I should note.

2) With bank will be a better bank with its interest rates as well as easy repayments of loan instalments.

3) If there are other more developements which u think might be suitable for me, please do let me know ar.... ..... wanna make up my mind soon.... hate procasintating...... had been guilty of tat since 2009..............

4) A terrace house will be better or a condo will be better for old age/retirement? Not married and I am single.... hee hee......

........ many many thanks in advance.......

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
hey bro , that day i tried to go to taman molek via EDL , exit to pandan then make a uturn , i missed a turn and my gps leads me to some kampung turning ard and there .... so i quickly exit and went to bk indah liao ....
any idioit proof way to go ah ? haha

thanks

Hi Sis, maybe you can rem the route in this way: After EDL Pandan exit, take the FIRST available U-turn (road sign available), then the FIRST Left turning (road sign available), and another FIRST Left turning to reach Molek. Total time to Taman Molek should be around 15 mins.

Am going to Bukit Indah for work purpose on Wed. Maybe try the Tang Shifu there.......Healthy food is gd......haha....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
By total travel time of 15 mins, I mean from the Johor CIQ checkpt to Taman Molek....Just to clarify.......

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Sis, maybe you can rem the route in this way: After EDL Pandan exit, take the FIRST available U-turn (road sign available), then the FIRST Left turning (road sign available), and another FIRST Left turning to reach Molek. Total time to Taman Molek should be around 15 mins.

Am going to Bukit Indah for work purpose on Wed. Maybe try the Tang Shifu there.......Healthy food is gd......haha....

a bit challenging when the traffic is heavy and have to make a left turn after e u turn ...
Tang Shi Fu so so nia leh .....

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
a bit challenging when the traffic is heavy and have to make a left turn after e u turn ...
Tang Shi Fu so so nia leh .....

After the U-turn, there's around 200 to 300m before the left turn, so you still have some leeway one...... Tang Shi Fu so so ah? i was thinking of bringing Tang Shi Fu to SG, but now having 2nd thoughts liao! haha.....

groovy73

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear RedsYNWA.....

any development i should be looking at in taman molek area?

I am currently looking at The Seed at tanah sutera area.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey DreamorAction,

thanks for ur advice..... reali looking fwd to a nice and safe place to call my own in JB to rest for a few days befor heading back to Singapore for its hectic lifestyle.

Dear RedsYNWA,
Yes I am looking at travelling via first link cos I am staying in the East area at this very moment.

I very much prefer a place with not too high a density and also not too far from the Johor Customs near to City Square.

Those areas which u had mentioned are they nearer to the customs as compared to Tanah Sutera??? Appreciate if u can help me on tat.

Other queries requiring assistance;

1) Should I decide to proceed with the purchase with either the terrace house in tanah sutera or The SEED at tanah sutera as well, wat are the things I should note.
I think Tanah Sutera's build quality is not bad so it should be alright. As Bro Wuqi suggested, its best to get your house direct from the developer. You can look at sub-sales when you are more experienced.

2) With bank will be a better bank with its interest rates as well as easy repayments of loan instalments.
Most banks offer similar terms. I am with Public Bank, but really I dont think the terms among banks vary too much.

3) If there are other more developements which u think might be suitable for me, please do let me know ar.... ..... wanna make up my mind soon.... hate procasintating...... had been guilty of tat since 2009..............

4) A terrace house will be better or a condo will be better for old age/retirement? Not married and I am single.... hee hee......
Personally I prefer Terrace, due to potential maintenance issues for condos. Maint laws not as strong as SG & their condos are ex when compared to landed.

........ many many thanks in advance.......

Dear Groovy, I think most people wouldnt have looked at Tanah Sutera at the beginning, so I guess you are already more experienced than most. I also not a veteran, unlike the Bros & sis here........hehe. Please see my suggestions above. I think the Seed is not bad at all, near to both first & 2nd link for flexibility.

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear RedsYNWA.....

any development i should be looking at in taman molek area?

I am currently looking at The Seed at tanah sutera area.

Molek got no new development now except for Molek Haven (RM698K). I think Ponderosa Villa semi-d is available but that's quite ex (RM 1.4m to RM 1.6m). If you talk about travel time to first link, then Taman Molek & Setia Tropika will be nearer to checkpt via EDL (15 to 20 mins - conservative driving). Senibong Cove & Straits View Residence at Permas Jaya are also v near to 1st link (10 to 15 mins).

Horizon Hill probably takes around 25 mins via Coastal Highway, and many Singaporeans have bought there. I do see a lot of SG cars at Tanah Sutera development too.......haha so you are in gd company.