• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ok, luckily no death but our roads are quickly becoming a death trap.

I have done this years before but again i strongly urge everyone not to use mobile phones or to listen to your ipods, etc when crossing the road and not to dash across without even looking. Cyclists too as i noticed so many zig zagging and not obeying traffic rules. Again, there are yet no known iphone/ipad apps for stopping an incoming vehicle.

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/10-year-old-boy-hit-by-smrt-bus.html
(Updated at 7:11pm: Boy's age corrected.)

A schoolboy was hit by an SMRT bus in Woodlands on Monday.

SMRT bus service 912 was turning left at the junction of Woodlands Avenue 6 and Woodlands Drive 53 when it knocked a 9-year-old boy down.

The Singapore Civil Defence Force (SCDF) said they received a call at 2:53pm informing them of an accident and they then dispatched assistance to the scene.

The boy sustained a fracture in his right ankle and was conscious when he was sent to the KK Hospital at 3:09pm, said an SCDF spokesperson.

An SMRT spokesperson told Yahoo! Singapore that SMRT’s Bus Operation Command Centre (BOCC) was notified of the accident at 3:00pm and immediately activated an ambulance. There were about 28 passengers on board the bus during the time of incident and no passenger was injured.

“The Service Leader has been suspended from duty,” said SMRT.

They will be assisting the family in every way they can, SMRT added.

The incident comes four days after an SBS bus hit and killed a woman crossing the road at the junction of Sengkang East Way and Compassvale Road.

Yeah the 800 buses need 1600 drivers, so more coming :(

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1194011/1/.html

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is even more ridiculous ... Resting in car also no peace, and not even safe .... And under broad daylight

http://www.tnp.sg/content/stabbed-while-resting-car

He was taking a breather in his parked car on Saturday afternoon at Choa Chu Kang.
Suddenly, he found himself being stabbed through his open car window.
The man, 29-year-old Mr Goh, suffered multiple knife wounds on his face, neck and arm.
He reportedly said that he does not know his attacker, who fled to a nearby multi-storey carpark and escaped in a car.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
This is even more ridiculous ... Resting in car also no peace, and not even safe .... And under broad daylight

http://www.tnp.sg/content/stabbed-while-resting-car

He was taking a breather in his parked car on Saturday afternoon at Choa Chu Kang.
Suddenly, he found himself being stabbed through his open car window.
The man, 29-year-old Mr Goh, suffered multiple knife wounds on his face, neck and arm.
He reportedly said that he does not know his attacker, who fled to a nearby multi-storey carpark and escaped in a car.

Thats scary, luckily he didn't die. I think maybe not robbery but scary nonetheless
:(

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
These news kept making headlines recently. From acid attack in mrt, to accidents on streets and to mishaps in neighbourhoods.

What's happening to our neighborhoods? Human of all ages were not spared.

It's a worrying trend and we must stay vigilant at all time.

Agree on your advice on the iPhone, bro. I am one that is hooked on phone while walking. I will make a change starting today ...

Thats scary, luckily he didn't die. I think maybe not robbery but scary nonetheless
:(

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Haven't taken place yet to the best of my knowledge. You know what, we should just PM some of us and arrange for a lunch or coffee at Station One cafe or something. PM like 10 persons and then no sharing of their nicks. Just meet and have a relaxing time and have a common code to identify oneself.

erm like that i think i cant join , haha , coz i am only e active lady in this forum ....so everyones know who am I if i turn up but i dun know them wor .....

2bFree

Alfrescian
Loyal
I would love to meet up but I don't understand the need for all the secrecy of keeping forum nick separate from real name. Why so suspicious?

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Guys

today malaysia having public holiday .... do check the traffic before going in ....
looks like i cant go in this evening liao ....

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
erm like that i think i cant join , haha , coz i am only e active lady in this forum ....so everyones know who am I if i turn up but i dun know them wor .....

Still possible as there is also cathylmg, ginfreely, etc. Regulars to the forum will all be invited, with at least about 4 known ladies.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
I would love to meet up but I don't understand the need for all the secrecy of keeping forum nick separate from real name. Why so suspicious?

Thanks 2bFree, this is as i have always advocated going straight to developers, not using certain banks and bypassing certain developments/agents.
Some people may not like what i am doing as i am going against their trade/interest even though i do not profit and mean well, some people may not understand.

Its also better to protect each other in real life to avoid some of the pitfalls in meeting up.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
These news kept making headlines recently. From acid attack in mrt, to accidents on streets and to mishaps in neighbourhoods.

What's happening to our neighborhoods? Human of all ages were not spared.

It's a worrying trend and we must stay vigilant at all time.

Agree on your advice on the iPhone, bro. I am one that is hooked on phone while walking. I will make a change starting today ...

Its scary, if you change the places names to that of places in JB, people can better relate to it but its now happening everywhere.
Its still no cause for panick as crime is everywhere no matter we go. Nowadays, you will hear less people talking about relativity of
crime in SG as the amount of things going wrong has escalated.

Thank you, every time i see someone dashing across the road or zebra crossing, i worry for them. I seldom if ever flash my lights or press the horn but i had to do it on a few occasions to warn other drivers, lots of new misses as students and ESPECIALLY ladies like to jog or cross the road with their IPODS or IPHONES while crossing the road (WITH BACK FACING ONCOMING TRAFFIC)

Again, please everyone, your life is precious. Please please remember that no known apps have been known to deflect or protect against oncoming cars. At least not yet. Your I-device is also not an I-invincible tool nor an expandable shield. Please do not cross the road while answering calls WITH your back to incoming traffic.

People can come back from jail but few return from the dead. Some accidents can definitely be avoided.
I disagree with some comments that this is Darwin's way to weed out the dumb. They just didn't know better.

Last edited:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
u will understand if u are in wuqi's situation ....

Thanks a lot, its so hard to do the right thing at times especially when you know you will be penalized. At work, on the forum and in real life.
We hired a security guard for our school, though its not making much money, i wanted to reassure the parents of safety, etc. Some parents
didn't even know the teachers are always vigilant and pressed the door open remote before the parents came in, then some parents complain
how come the doors don't autolock, not knowing that the teachers have already pressed for them in advance.

We also get complains like we have too much books, too much toys, too much things for the kids to eat, just take in our stride, finally though,
getting a large intake but told wife to stay strong. Not easy for her especially when she is pregnant and i can't help her as i am having a pretty
stressful job working sometimes round the clock. Yes i can work from home but you can't really say no when someone schedules a last minute
overseas call at night.

Sometimes its really hard to balance between cost and doing the right thing but i press on regardless with doing the right thing and told my wife
to always do so. No matter what others say, we should keep to our principles, i hope it can be continued to be run like that long after i leave this
earth and people who knows me, i hope that they can help me inculcate to my kids as well.

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would love to join if there is any meetings...
Maybe carry a red flower or sth like that to identify ourselves when met at a public place like station 1..

Haven't taken place yet to the best of my knowledge. You know what, we should just PM some of us and arrange for a lunch or coffee at Station One cafe or something. PM like 10 persons and then no sharing of their nicks. Just meet and have a relaxing time and have a common code to identify oneself.

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Would love to join if there is any meetings...
Maybe carry a red flower or sth like that to identify ourselves when met at a public place like station 1..

hahaha , can u be more trendy or not ? so troublesome have to go n buy a red flower leh .....

Last edited:

Ansoh

Hi All

I am new here, just joined today. If there is any meet-up, please inform me, if I am available on the day. Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.