• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Icyraine

Alfrescian
Loyal
School with S’pore touch
By DESIREE TRESA GASPER
[email protected]

JOHOR BARU: The Government will bring education with a Singapore touch by setting up an international school here.

Higher Education Minister Datuk Seri Mohamed Khaled Nordin said the Excelsior International School in Seri Alam, due to open in September next year, will “infuse” the Singapore school curriculum and will also cater to the growing expatriate community.

It will be jointly developed by education group Raffles Campus Pte Ltd (RCPL) and Seri Alam Properties Sdn Bhd.

“It's an undeniable fact that many Johor Baru parents prefer to send their children to Singapore schools.
New beginning: Ng (far right), Mohamed Khaled (second from right) and other officials performing the ground-breaking for the Excelsior International School in Seri Alam.

“This facility in Seri Alam will provide an alternative to them,” he said after the ground-breaking for the school yesterday.

Spread over 20 acres, it offers classes from kindergarten to high school, for children aged three to 18.

Regarding the school fees, Mohamed Khaled said: “It will be slightly more expensive than local international schools but significantly cheaper than international schools in Singapore.”

RCPL chairman and chief executive officer Ng Boon Yew said the school would start accepting applications early next year.

He said Excelsior would have advanced educational facilities including laboratories, an Olympic-sized swimming pool, football field, running tracks, drama and dance studios and auditorium.

Vincent77

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malaysia Awards Underground Tunnel Contract to MMC and Gamuda 2012-03-20 05:12:17.198 GMT

By Chan Tien Hin
March 20 (Bloomberg) -- Mass Rapid Transit Corp. has awarded a 8.2 billion-ringgit tunneling contract to a joint venture between MMC Corp. and Gamuda Bhd.
The single largest package in the mass rail network project was awarded to the companies following a competitive bid with four other tenderers, Mass Rapid Transit, or MRT, said in an e- mailed statement today.

Link to Company News:{GAMMK <Equity> CN <GO>} Link to Company News:{MMCMK <Equity> CN <GO>}

Avonup

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Avonup, yes that is correct. It may differ slightly from developer to developer though. Normally for interior, some may not even care or at most just ask for a token deposit. Its the major ones and normally exterior that they would want a large deposit and a proposed architectural (for really major ones) plan for. I would humbly suggest to get an architect if you are doing major stuff so that the relevant authorities pass it and you don't have future problems in case you are thinking of selling next time. For that matter, always try to pay your cukai harta/tanah asap so that any intention to sell will not be delayed by unsettled taxes.
---------------------------
Hi Wuqi,
Thanks for the response.
It would appear that we would have to trust the contractor not to knock down any main beam when renovating the interior.
Warm regards,

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
When shopping around for a loan package, do we have to go down to the banks to enquire in person or can we just email them our details and get their various quotations?

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
When shopping around for a loan package, do we have to go down to the banks to enquire in person or can we just email them our details and get their various quotations?

From my experience, i email my details to bankers and get their various quotation 1st...review through and shortlisted some bank before meeting the bankers in person to understand further..hope it helps :smile:

rogue1109

Alfrescian
Loyal
From my experience, i email my details to bankers and get their various quotation 1st...review through and shortlisted some bank before meeting the bankers in person to understand further..hope it helps :smile:

Thanks much bro! Saves me from having to take leave to shop for quotes. =)

What kind of details do I have to provide? According to the developer, banks will need payslips, CPF contribution statement, IR8A, bank statements... do I have to provide all these when gathering quotes via email?

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
rogue1109 said:
Thanks much bro! Saves me from having to take leave to shop for quotes. =)

What kind of details do I have to provide? According to the developer, banks will need payslips, CPF contribution statement, IR8A, bank statements... do I have to provide all these when gathering quotes via email?

Np bro, yes all of the docs above plus photocopy of ID and my banker even need the screen shot of my bank account showing my name and acct number

nickyu

Alfrescian
Loyal
Np bro, yes all of the docs above plus photocopy of ID and my banker even need the screen shot of my bank account showing my name and acct number

Btw, some of the bankers even offered to drive in to Spore to explain the package...maybe u can try to push for it, will b alot more convenient :smile:

PM me if you need the contacts of my banker..

euphony

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sorry to hear about your friends, there are still some nice gems for own stay but they will have to be fast to consider the various developments.
Thats nice, Sutera side is actually nice but the traffice is a little bad. Design is always good. Can consider this place if you find it suitable.
Actually in terms of design, Laguna's ones are very good actually.

agree, the traffic in all directions is busy. my friends are more confused than ever before if anything. many choices but there's always something not right and when everything is good nothing is left. catch 22!

Spawnie

Interesting to read all these discussion here. Really opened my eyes to alot of things. Keep this up!
I wanted to start reading from Living in JB 1 to JB 2.. But heck. Too much to read!

Thanks!
A jaded Singaporean.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Interesting to read all these discussion here. Really opened my eyes to alot of things. Keep this up!
I wanted to start reading from Living in JB 1 to JB 2.. But heck. Too much to read!

Thanks!
A jaded Singaporean.

Hi spawnie

Welcome to d forum. Take ur time to read n feel free to cntribute ur two cents' :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Dear All, a gentle reminder to be vigilant wherever one goes. I am normally against the death sentence but not for kidnappers.
I would have held on to the woman and call the police straightaway if one suspects its really is a kidnapping. I know i am bad
for saying this but for such cases, i would recommend many many years of being on death row followed by summary execution.

When i was young, was almost taken as well, luckily in the end the woman just took my gold chain and pendant. I was like 3
years back then, crying and trying to attract my mom's attention at the Maxwell market but she was so busy talking to her
friend. Tried so many times and held onto it but she broke it. In the end, went home and still got beaten up as i "lost" the pendant
and chain.

Whichever country one goes or is in, never take the safety of your child for granted. Never.

http://www.channelnewsasia.com/stories/singaporelocalnews/view/1190452/1/.html

Kidnapping scams are equally bad, avoid those calls that ask you not to put down the phone.

http://news.asiaone.com/News/AsiaOne+News/Singapore/Story/A1Story20110823-295696.html

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thanks!
A jaded Singaporean.

Welcome to the forum Spawnie! :smile:

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
agree, the traffic in all directions is busy. my friends are more confused than ever before if anything. many choices but there's always something not right and when everything is good nothing is left. catch 22!

Very true, sometimes have to act fast.

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal
Lots of activities these days, work etc.

Today brought my relatives and a good neighbour to view a different type of property. Was selling fast so we kind of enbloc it.
Little left so this weekend would be the last we can hold as we have only a couple left over.

My folks were keen so went over today after work but rained cats and dogs. Suddenly a silly truck almost hit another as one did
a near 90% right turn from the left lane. I was almost nearly hit as well but luckily i am used to these folks (note to self, avoid heavy
containers/trucks/vans as they belong to the hell driver category) so used defensive driving and seeing no one in the left lane
(now vacated by Mr Reckless) went straight in and avoided a bad accident.

No one horned even though everyone was inches away from each other and i was on the left shoulder by the time another vehicle
veered left very violently. Everyone then drove at breakneck speeds and i just let them overtake.

Seems everyone was trying to kill each other today. Speeding in heavy rain in a heavy vehicle is a bad bad idea.

Another time, on the weekend, was rushing from Genting back and someone from the extreme right made basically a horizontal sweep
across from the extreme right lane all the way to the left filter lane. A truck almost hit it and many others behind me all e braked, this time
everyone gave the driver a resounding horn ovation.

Beware also of some (not all of course) pickup like Triton and Hilux where they basically cut you off and thinks they own the road.
Had one incident in KL where i was giving way to this black Hilux who came out of nowhere, highbeamed me even though i was in the
middle lane and he basically cut me off from the left instead and then after being in my lane, he swerved left and right.

This type of folks, just ignore.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Seems everyone was trying to kill each other today. Speeding in heavy rain in a heavy vehicle is a bad bad idea.

Wooo....its good to share such news so tat bros driving tere would be more alert. Never challenge those big "bullies" when on the road. Juz give way....

Polarbear

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wanted to share. I heard from my neighbours that there was a robbery in my presint at Nusa Idaman this saturday night around 4.00 am. They cut through / used the ladder and fastened the husband with a rope. I guess this might be because of poor security at NI - plus this presint is only 60% occupied. So please be cautious.

Can someone pls share of there is an incident of this nature happened in horisonhills.

Also, is there any emergency numer to call for Malaysian police. Is there a good alarm system and where can I buy this from?

Bro Wuqi: Any other inputs to further enhance security would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

crystal_tiong

Alfrescian
Loyal
Just wanted to share. I heard from my neighbours that there was a robbery in my presint at Nusa Idaman this saturday night around 4.00 am. They cut through / used the ladder and fastened the husband with a rope. I guess this might be because of poor security at NI - plus this presint is only 60% occupied. So please be cautious.

Can someone pls share of there is an incident of this nature happened in horisonhills.

Also, is there any emergency numer to call for Malaysian police. Is there a good alarm system and where can I buy this from?

Bro Wuqi: Any other inputs to further enhance security would be greatly appreciated?

Thanks,

which prescint ? Sack all the guards who are on duty that day ! Ask UEM for explaination !

wuqi256

Moderator - JB Section
Loyal

Thanks,

Not of robbery though. I guess this happens when the precint is still empty but the guards would need to be replaced though.

Get grilles for front door and at least all the ground floor windows and CCTV. Also get a competent alarm system and check with your developer to link it to the guard house if possible. AAC does have some alarm systems though pretty expensive. There is a shop right next to the Station One Cafe where you can ask for help with alarm/autogate, etc. Some would advise to get 2 dogs, one at the gate and one at the back.

There is already a good site about the numbers covering everything from police to booking taxi cabs:
http://mymalaysia.wordpress.com/2006/08/14/malaysia-geninfoemergency-numbers/

Status
Not open for further replies.