• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Living in JB 2 (Johore)

Status
Not open for further replies.

teck21

Alfrescian
Loyal
I TOTALLY agree with you. It is the seller/vendor that approach the agent to represent them. Buyers are JUST buyers. I do not see the rasionale on buyers paying the 1% comission to agent. This policy is crap. I raised this question many times to the agents especially KC and JY. They said KL is KL and JB is JB, different law. Is there such law? Maybe we should lodge a complain to the Malaysia real estate association etc. Is there one?

Anyway, both states are under Malaysia. There must be governing body for this real estate thingy.

There is no rationale for this practice at all, zero. JB have different law? Screw that. I have also thought about complaining to somebody, but first one needs to find out who, and then even after that, one has no way of ensuring disciplinary action on offending agent, or in fact any kind of enforcement action by relevant agency. Even worse, agents become bolder when no action gets taken against them. Malaysia, like Singapore (Singapore less so now), many things are done for wayang only.

There is one way to screw these f*ckers over, but only assuming that like in Singapore, anybody can pay money to find out who the registered property owner is. Here we only need to pay URA a few dollars to find out who owns a property, so long as it has a caveat lodged against it, and most do.

If it can be done in Malaysia, simple. Talk to agent, see house you like. Say bye bye to agent, find seller details, contact seller and make offer. Bypass agent altogether. Since agents want to play dirty, play dirty with them. They want to unlawfully collect 1% from buyer (thereby representing no one's interest but their own), buyer and seller no longer have any financial obligation to said agent. Use that against them, see what they have to say.

In Singapore few people do this because the practice of collecting money from both parties has more or less stopped. And if a seller tries to bypass an agent (assuming the agent had a direct effect on introducing buyer to seller), the owner will get sued and still have to pay comm. Assuming the selling agent has not been guilty of any wrongful action.

But in the case of these JB agents, their attempts to collect 1% from buyer plus however many % from seller is wrong, legally and ethically. No need to play by their rules.

I paid 1% to agent when I bought my property because I was blur, and in the very first meeting with the agent, when discussing fees to pay, I already mentioned the 1% comm. Stupid me ha ha. But never again will I pay buyer's commission because such a thing should not exist at all.

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro, to be more factual, not all banks can give the loan facilities based on the asking price of the developer. Different banks have their own valuers and only banks that have valuation close to the launching price will tie up with developers (called the EF line) and the buyer would be able to obtain full loan. That's why u will never see all the banks going in and finance a particular project, due to different risk appetite and valuation ... Cheers :wink:

Brother DREAMorACTION,

If you buy straight from developer, there's no need valuation. For new projects, regardless how high the price is, one can get maximum loan from the bank. It is the subsale property that we need to get a valuer. Imagine developer selling a property at 600K and after completion, the owner would like to sell it at 800K. Do you think the valuer will valuate the property up to 800K?

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks bro for the recommendations. I have indeed visited all the tamans, including those in the east and north JB. It's amazing how many developments u can find throughout JB and I always enjoy looking at the new designs :smile:

Brother DREAMorACTION,

Besides Nusa Duta, you can go for other projects. I think Bukit Indah 2 or Sutera Utama are good places worth having a look as well. I would it's overprice over there at the moment. There's one property, owner and agent asking for 880K but valuation comes back 650K only.

As for the agent, I will just forget it. I'm not against agent and paying the 1% but what we want is reliable and trustworthy agents. I've been meeting alot of agents previously and I can say than some are good. We just need to becareful. From the way they talk we will know whether they are good or not.

Last edited:

DREAMorACTION

Alfrescian
Loyal
Bro teck, been very busy? Noticed u are posting lesser and lesser in your renovation blog. Would be great if u share the progress pics too :smile: happy Reno!

There is no rationale for this practice at all, zero. JB have different law? Screw that. I have also thought about complaining to somebody, but first one needs to find out who, and then even after that, one has no way of ensuring disciplinary action on offending agent, or in fact any kind of enforcement action by relevant agency. Even worse, agents become bolder when no action gets taken against them. Malaysia, like Singapore (Singapore less so now), many things are done for wayang only.

There is one way to screw these f*ckers over, but only assuming that like in Singapore, anybody can pay money to find out who the registered property owner is. Here we only need to pay URA a few dollars to find out who owns a property, so long as it has a caveat lodged against it, and most do.

If it can be done in Malaysia, simple. Talk to agent, see house you like. Say bye bye to agent, find seller details, contact seller and make offer. Bypass agent altogether. Since agents want to play dirty, play dirty with them. They want to unlawfully collect 1% from buyer (thereby representing no one's interest but their own), buyer and seller no longer have any financial obligation to said agent. Use that against them, see what they have to say.

In Singapore few people do this because the practice of collecting money from both parties has more or less stopped. And if a seller tries to bypass an agent (assuming the agent had a direct effect on introducing buyer to seller), the owner will get sued and still have to pay comm. Assuming the selling agent has not been guilty of any wrongful action.

But in the case of these JB agents, their attempts to collect 1% from buyer plus however many % from seller is wrong, legally and ethically. No need to play by their rules.

I paid 1% to agent when I bought my property because I was blur, and in the very first meeting with the agent, when discussing fees to pay, I already mentioned the 1% comm. Stupid me ha ha. But never again will I pay buyer's commission because such a thing should not exist at all.

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I'm telling you guys now that the prices in Nusajaya are overprice. All of us are buying and this leads to the push up in price by developer and owner. It does not reflect the true value with the selling price. I would say it's panic buying. Once cannot compare KL and JB. But now, it seems that JB prices are comparable and some even higher than KL.

All thanks to the frenzied buying tats happening in Nusajaya. Kiasu Sillyporeans and Msians working in Spore...

Grago

Alfrescian
Loyal
Have you all seen those 3 in 1 stainless steel metal door that comes with grille and frames? The lock system within their products was very impressive, there were more than six lock points. In addition, there is anti-theft function. During your reno period, you can pass a set of keys to the contractors. After they have left, you can use another master key to "wash" and reconfigure the internal lock system, and u use another set of keys that the package comes with. So there would be no worries that your contractor duplicating your keys.

www.newedge.com.my

And have you come across this product that is wire-mesh that serves to replace the ugly grille? Apparently, it's much tougher and harder to be broken into than the grilles. It can keep the mozzie and insects out too.

http://www.majestec.com/product/pro_cat.php?cid=2&cid_pr=2&cname=Security Doors

I had a chance to look at these 2 products recently at the home fair and I thought both product concepts were brilliant .... well, im saying good probably because I haven't seen enough on the variety of the products out there in the market, but nonetheless, I was still very impressed.

have you seen these products? What do you all think? pros and cons? these products dont come cheap for sure...

Bro, did you see them at PERSADA expo in JB? If not where did you see them.......? Thanks

whoami

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Juz the other day I went to this particular precinct. Look see look see. An End lot terrace looks ok but SW facing. Price quoted was M$470K. I told the sales staff I dont tink i qualify cos below threshold n i am a foreigner. She said wait a minute i go check again. Came back told me " u are lucky. My boss decided to peg the price at M$510K now". I asked why is it so? She did reply back ...but i cant remember the reasons. And mind u...practically all the units taken up. Except for some corner terraces with very big extra land..big enough to build another intermediate lot. And some units facing the surau/religious school and power substation...

Take Laguna for example. All Singaporean quota were sold 100%. But for the local Malaysian, there are plenty of units out there for grab. Who can afford to pay 638K? Local Malaysians working in JB? They're going to pay the installment through their nose for 30years and eat bread everyday. Haha. As whoami mentioned, Malaysians working in Spore will buy.

Precisely!

Sales staff told me so...and I also got the info fm the horses mouth too...

Last edited:

yahoo1234

Alfrescian
Loyal
dear all,

i am new to this forum and looking forward to purchasing a home in Nusajaya. Have gone through this thread and seems like NI & HH are the only possibilities. Although manage to find details regarding HH, but couldnt locate any wesite related to NI. Seeking advice from the experts here to let me know where is the Nusa Idaman sales office and how it can be reached from Singapore or from bukit indah. unable to find any website related to Nusa Idaman project details.

cheers!
homeinjb

If you have your GPS with you then, lat=1.4733359 & lon=103.6413341

You can also get more information from:
- http://www.nusaidaman.com/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nusa-Idaman-Precinct-7/181453581933057
- Lalitha +60177648929

Investor

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
For those who are interested in Malaysia My 2nd Home (MM2H), there is a 45 mins seminar on MM2H in Suntec Convention Center today at 4.xxpm.

SMART Investment & Property Expo
Suntec Convention & Exhibition center
Hall 4, Seminar area 2.

sgtsk

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, it is, my co just did this, cost saving mah....and I lost 15 staff in this process!!
Either the co survive or a lot more ppl will get the axe... It's a cruel world out there!

One of our bros here hit the point - be humble and be contented with what u have! Someone out there is in a worse shit than you!
I would like to add, spend more time with yr loved ones, live is too short! God bless...

It is inherent in the system of meritocracy, free competition, free market economy, the greedy and smartest will prevail. Each success of the successful further strengthens their competitive advantages in terms of brain power, capital, connection and political and economical as well as business influence. Only hope for the disadvantaged is the govt should moderate income gaps and wealth gaps by sound policies.

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Has anyone renewed your SG passport while carrying MACS?

Can the old passport be retained with an extension instead of getting a new passport?

If a new passport has to be issued, does it invalidate the macs on the old passport and hence one would have to enter MY with the new passport without MACS just to renew the MACS?

Lord Aragorn

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Wuqi, you mentioned your wife is pregnant. I read somewhere that woman more than 6 months pregnant are not allowed to enter Malaysia. Is it true? If it's true, does it mean your wife have to stay in SG in her last 3 months of pregnancy to give birth?

homeinjb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi yahoo1234,

Thanks for the information. I was able to get the details from Nusa Idaman sales office with the contact info provided by you.
Unfortunately the website http://www.nusaidaman.com/ doesnt exists
Will visit them to get more details, hope thats a better place to live.....

If you have your GPS with you then, lat=1.4733359 & lon=103.6413341

You can also get more information from:
- http://www.nusaidaman.com/
- Facebook https://www.facebook.com/pages/Nusa-Idaman-Precinct-7/181453581933057
- Lalitha +60177648929

arsenal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some companies do it for survival is understandable. Singtel, Smrt and govt linked companies etc do it for more bonus is really something not to be encouraged... It is like eating beef for survival is comprehensible..killing animals for fun is not necessary and...wrong..

Why buyer need to pay 1% to agent, in all my property purchases in MY KL, buyers DO NOT need to pay anything to the agent ..only sellers have to coz they appointed the agent. Why is JB following SG Policy? Just because they are near to SG?
In KL, u don't get this kind of fees on the buyer!

rw6akr

Alfrescian
Loyal
Going back to the security and safety of Malaysia I have an interesting study of Global Peace Index for forumers to review. That index gauges ongoing domestic and international conflict, safety and security in society and militarisation in 153 countries, registered overall score increases for several indicators, the largest of which were in the potential for terrorist acts and the likelihood of violent demonstrations.
http://www.visionofhumanity.org/wp-content/uploads/2011/10/2011GPIMethodologyResultsFindings.pdf

Surprisingly, results of Singapore are less impressive in that research compared to those of Malaysia which is number 19th safest place in the world, first in South East Asia and 4th in the region (after Japan, Australia and New Zealand) while Singapore is only number 24th. There should have been a number of reasons for such evaluation but it is difficult not to believe such statistic unless one can prove otherwise...

Status
Not open for further replies.