• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

"We don't want Auckland to be the next Singapore"

Getloud

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some info for those who are looking at NZ.

http://www.theaucklander.co.nz/news/Auckland-immigration-grey-power/1176751/

Des Dunlop is a sixth generation New Zealander. He's seen the country go through a lot of changes - some he's not too sure about. And he's not afraid to speak his mind about them.

"Us old guys go to town and it's a case of 'spot the white man'," says the 71-year-old Milford resident. "I don't want to live in a culture where we're the minority. I don't want to see the city overrun with people from Asian countries."

Mr Dunlop's views may be controversial but he is not alone. An arm of Auckland Grey Power, Zone 2, which has 13,000 members aged 50+, wants to limit arrivals from particular nations and has suggested Auckland Council host a forum to discuss a "more restricted national immigration policy".

Chinese immigrants have been singled out because of their alleged "lack of cultural linkages" to New Zealand, through language, religion or custom. Grey Power believes the Chinese have different attitudes towards women and the death penalty and "as a race are not great at integrating".

It says if Auckland gets another 700,000 residents by 2040 - as recommended in the Draft Auckland Plan - Asians would be the majority ethnic group in the city. In 2006, the Asian population of Auckland was 19 per cent; that's projected to be 27 per cent by 2021.

The organisation has made a submission to the Auckland plan that says the region's "major changes in ethnic and cultural mix" were unusually abrupt and "well outside normal cultural transitions".

"It is fair to say that many older people are concerned about the changes to their communities and to what has been familiar to them for many years, and what the future may hold if the majority of Aucklanders are unfamiliar with their traditional values, heritage and culture," the submission says.

Mr Dunlop says the group wants to see a more balanced population and stop one ethnic group from "swamping" the city.

"We don't want Auckland to be turned into the next Singapore. Why should we accept it?"

The retired shipping company executive says elderly people have found it difficult to engage with the way immigration had transformed the population over the past 20 years.

He believes people from Asian countries have no understanding or interest in New Zealand heritage values and were more attuned to living in small apartments. "They aren't worried about living in little dogboxes. They've grown up like that, but Kiwis don't live in ghettos."

He speaks of seeing elderly Asians who cannot speak English and wonders how they get by.

"They all seem to be able to get their Super-Gold Card and get on the bus. I've been paying taxes since 1957. Where are these guys getting these cards from? Who's paying and what are they contributing?"

Mr Dunlop isn't afraid of being called a racist.

"I'm entitled to say what I like, when I like, where I like and how I like. That's the way I was brought up."

Anne Martin, the Warkworth Grey Power president and NZ First Party secretary, says issues around immigration are often thought about but rarely discussed.

"Nobody comes out and says anything because they're scared of being labelled racist," she says.

"What's racist about asking for people's opinion? We skirt around these things because it's politically correct."

She says there is blind acceptance that Asians will be the dominant ethnic group so it is commonsense to have a plan.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
I can understand how these older generation kiwis feel.

Chinese people ( I believe they meant those from mainland China) do have a totally contrasting culture, values & lifestyles from the whites. They are the hardest to integrate in the western society due to their chinese communism upbringing & culture. Some really can get by without speaking a word of English.

Similiarily, Singaporeans have had already complained for years the massive migration of PRCs and Indians. These people bring the bad habits and inflate the prices of property in droves.

Sinkies, in general, have no problems integrating into the western society, but they could be mistaken as PRCs as the whites can't differentiate 'us' from 'them'.

tonychat

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Chinese people ( I believe they meant those from mainland China) do have a totally contrasting culture, values & lifestyles from the whites. They are the hardest to integrate in the western society due to their chinese communism upbringing & culture. Some really can get by without speaking a word of English.

Similiarily, Singaporeans have had already complained for years the massive migration of PRCs and Indians. These people bring the bad habits and inflate the prices of property in droves.

Sinkies, in general, have no problems integrating into the western society, but they could be mistaken as PRCs as the whites can't differentiate 'us' from 'them'.

sinkie should talk to them more often without the sinkie accent. and made known to them they are not PRC..

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
sinkie should talk to them more often without the sinkie accent. and made known to them they are not PRC..

very chim words indeed

with sinkee accent oredi angmo cannot understand without sinkee accent, even follow sinkee melt ear and fully no one understand

ask prc to switch from sinkee accent to scolding accent

still no hope why? still same slit eye and cheapskate attitude sinkee and prc same appearance.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
You might be surprised that many of them have no understanding of the difference between China and Singapore geographically, let alone the accent.

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
NZ angmoh talk cock sing song.

Never forget nor forgive their legalise Opium trade with China back in 1850s. Angmoh want to kill Chinese and take over China by drugging Chinese with Opium. They came to the shores not to trade but invade, murder, rape and settled down conveniently call it is colonization.

They want the Far East to themselves and kill all Chinese. They colonized 1/3 of the world and only want to speak English in foreign lands, want their pees, corns, carrots and potatoes, want their English law in foreign land, want their English life style and their English buildings in foergin lands. They are FTs in foregin lands through invasion but not through trades and cultural exchange.

Want to speak only English? Fine, so now complaint for fuck? China big and they want China but cant get it so use invasion and drugged the Chinese, now complaint for fuck? How they get NZ? use same shit invasion and kill the natives?

Hello angmoh! either you change, learn Chinese language, and be multi-linguals like the Sinkies or go back to England and think how to invade Far East China again. Tiu lei lo mo!

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
NZ angmoh talk cock sing song.

Never forget nor forgive their legalise Opium trade with China back in 1850s. Angmoh want to kill Chinese and take over China by drugging Chinese with Opium. They came to the shores not to trade but invade, murder, rape and settled down conveniently call it is colonization.

They want the Far East to themselves and kill all Chinese. They colonized 1/3 of the world and only want to speak English in foreign lands, want their pees, corns, carrots and potatoes, want their English law in foreign land, want their English life style and their English buildings in foergin lands. They are FTs in foregin lands through invasion but not through trades and cultural exchange.

Want to speak only English? Fine, so now complaint for fuck? China big and they want China but cant get it so use invasion and drugged the Chinese, now complaint for fuck? How they get NZ? use same shit invasion and kill the natives?

Hello angmoh! either you change, learn Chinese language, and be multi-linguals like the Sinkies or go back to England and think how to invade Far East China again. Tiu lei lo mo!

You have a point there.
That Kiwi can complain for all he want. I also receive similar complaints from true-brown Singaporeans.
But do you really want to be ruled by Asians?

Why is it that I get lousy treatments from Asians when they know that I am no Angmo?