• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

HD Video Horror: Unsafe pedestrian crossing at Bugis MRT to Bugis Village

rusty

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This is proof of absolute complacency on the government. They are bringing in FTs by the millions and grossly neglected the infrastrure supports. Maybe Uncle Yap could also film more similar situations at Tampines Mall MRT exit and Century Square pedestration crossing.

Good work! Uncle Yap.

Last edited:

sta1100

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did wrote a posting sometime ago, is accident waiting to happen, will LTA do something about it ???

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I await the day where a truck flipped over at the intersection, killing 10s maybe 100s of people, causing a furor that would rival the SMRT debacle.

Qantas

Alfrescian
Loyal
The green man timing for pedestrian crossing is super long. I won't be surprised that one day, some impatient motorist try to beat the lights and cause some accident. If you notice Bugis MRT has only three exits. There is no exit on Bugis Village side. LTA should acquire the front shops in Bugis Village or the shop currently occupied by Burger King and move the busstop to build an exit from the MRT. Real bodoh, these civil servants!

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is proof of absolute complacency on the government. They are bringing in FTs by the millions and grossly neglected the infrastrure supports. Maybe Uncle Yap could also film more similar situations at Tampines Mall MRT exit and Century Square pedestration crossing.

Good work! Uncle Yap.

Holly shit that was a trouble spot 10 years ago, when I lived in Tampines. And not solved / improved still is it? There was contineous stream of people crossing Boh-Chap and cars also want to ramp across if they did not do anything all these while..:eek::*::rolleyes: RIP those I wonder how many killed there in the past years.:confused:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had added a new shot to this video and uploading soon. 15mins.

You can see from a best angle how FREAKING BAD are the Congestion.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Things will only start moving after an undertrained ah tiong driving a double decker bus mows down the crowd.

Jiak Lat loh, that way very high body-count. Lui have to visit the morgue light joss stick and Kowtow then attend wakes and Tiok Kan! 被鸟!:biggrin:

MightyMouse

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Uncle Yap. Never realised how big the problem is until seeing this video. I can't imagine why LTA is not doing anything to resolve the issue.

Digging a tunnel will take too long. Just remove the barriers that is restricting the flow rate and the jam will not build up in the centre island.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Thanks Uncle Yap. Never realised how big the problem is until seeing this video. I can't imagine why LTA is not doing anything to resolve the issue.

Digging a tunnel will take too long. Just remove the barriers that is restricting the flow rate and the jam will not build up in the centre island.

There is currently an on going construction project digging right below there for new MRT line and Bugis MRT will be connected to the new line as an Inter-Change. But they never seems have included such a tunnel for pedestrians to cross this place.

Yes I already pointed out, the quick make-shift is to take out the railing barriers and RE-TIME the traffic lights so that cars stops on both directions of road together and let people cross all the way to the other side without being stranded in the middle. That is going to make vehicle traffic a bit worse but increase the SAFETY of the pedestrians.

For longer term they better have a tunnel for pedestrians. Exit at where the Bugis Village bus stop currently is. Shift the bus stop a little towards Illuma or to the illuma exactly. There is a lane Cheng Yan Place which causes the bus stop unsuitable to be too close to it.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://youtu.be/xb-8MaKvAI0

Pay attention to the area after time 8:45 for a newly added view.

<iframe width="853" height="480" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xb-8MaKvAI0?start=525s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Last edited:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
There is currently an on going construction project digging right below there for new MRT line and Bugis MRT will be connected to the new line as an Inter-Change. But they never seems have included such a tunnel for pedestrians to cross this place.

Yes I already pointed out, the quick make-shift is to take out the railing barriers and RE-TIME the traffic lights so that cars stops on both directions of road together and let people cross all the way to the other side without being stranded in the middle. That is going to make vehicle traffic a bit worse but increase the SAFETY of the pedestrians.

For longer term they better have a tunnel for pedestrians. Exit at where the Bugis Village bus stop currently is. Shift the bus stop a little towards Illuma or to the illuma exactly. There is a lane Cheng Yan Place which causes the bus stop unsuitable to be too close to it.

<iframe width="1280" height="720" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/xb-8MaKvAI0?start=545s" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Several and various parts of the video actually showed the construction site mentioned in above msg.

Site is right in front of Bugis Junction surrounded by green colored steel plates (site parameters). Heavy construction machineries can be seen working behind the site parameters. That is one of the new exits from MRT I supposed. What they really need to do is to construct a tunnel over to the opposite side from there.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought there is already a tunnel crossing from bugis MRT into Bugis junction? I usually prefer going through the tunnel rather then going through the traffic lights even back then.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I thought there is already a tunnel crossing from bugis MRT into Bugis junction? I usually prefer going through the tunnel rather then going through the traffic lights even back then.

Not the same!

There is a tunnel exit over the other side of Rochor Rd. (this one exit to a big car park where the temp Tekka hawker center was - now torn down already - area traditionally known as Johore Road aka Ah Gua Fuck Shops:biggrin:)

The one traffic light pedestrian crossing in question is not on the same side as the above. To be precise the is the Victoria St crossing between Bugis Junction & Bugis village.

In the Map below the Johore Road car park is top right corner. The crossing in question is near (lower) center of map. MRT station is directly below Victoria St.

<iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bugis+MRT+Station+Victoria+Street+Singapore&aq=1&sll=57.751076,-96.767578&sspn=38.937663,55.019531&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=Bugis+MRT+Station+Victoria+Street+Singapore&t=h&ll=1.300416,103.855492&spn=0.001877,0.00228&z=18&iwloc=A&output=embed" frameborder="0" height="350" scrolling="no" width="425"></iframe>
<small>View Larger Map</small>

Google map's mark for EW12 Bugis MRT is not that accurate, ignore it. Their mark is one other exit where the old CC was.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Come out Bugis MRT turn right and you get to bugis junction. How hard can that be?

Not the same!

There is a tunnel exit over the other side of Rochor Rd. (this one exit to a big car park where the temp Tekka hawker center was - now torn down already - area traditionally known as Johore Road aka Ah Gua Fuck Shops:biggrin:)

The one traffic light pedestrian crossing in question is not on the same side as the above. To be precise the is the Victoria St crossing between Bugis Junction & Bugis village.

In the Map below the Johore Road car park is top right corner. The crossing in question is near (lower) center of map. MRT station is directly below Victoria St.

<iframe marginheight="0" marginwidth="0" src="http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&source=s_q&hl=en&geocode=&q=Bugis+MRT+Station+Victoria+Street+Singapore&aq=1&sll=57.751076,-96.767578&sspn=38.937663,55.019531&vpsrc=6&ie=UTF8&hq=Bugis+MRT+Station+Victoria+Street+Singapore&t=h&ll=1.300416,103.855492&spn=0.001877,0.00228&z=18&iwloc=A&output=embed" frameborder="0" height="350" scrolling="no" width="425"></iframe>
<small>View Larger Map</small>

Google map's mark for EW12 Bugis MRT is not that accurate, ignore it. Their mark is one other exit where the old CC was.