• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tony Tan and his Ang Mo in laws

scroobal

Alfrescian
Loyal
Patrick is married to an Ang Mo and so is his daughter. With 2 ang mos in the family, I wonder what their though process would be and that of their parents for having a President with 35% of the votes.

The US avoids it by having the primaries and the electoral college albeit they did have minority Presidents in the past but a few points off 50%. Many countries have similar mechanisms such as runs-offs to ensure that a mandate is indeed a mandate of the people. The Westminster system avoids it by having party caucus or the like to elect the leader.

For such a super smart country, how did a man with only 35% of the popular vote end up as the President.

bullfrog

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sure gonna look like with a stronger Opp in the system, the trend is for future PEs to be more partisan.

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Patrick is married to an Ang Mo and so is his daughter. With 2 ang mos in the family, I wonder what their though process would be and that of their parents for having a President with 35% of the votes.

The US avoids it by having the primaries and the electoral college albeit they did have minority Presidents in the past but a few points off 50%. Many countries have similar mechanisms such as runs-offs to ensure that a mandate is indeed a mandate of the people. The Westminster system avoids it by having party caucus or the like to elect the leader.

For such a super smart country, how did a man with only 35% of the popular vote end up as the President.

imagine the 2 Angmohs having an affair ?????

hurley

Alfrescian
Loyal
2i9p7ba.jpg

see the resemblance?

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You also forgot about the Aussie system where preference voting is used as well.

Still, it does not stop us having a hung parliament.
But I still prefer the proportional system used in the NZ where it is more transparent.

Aussies are still wondering how Labor got in when they voted Green. : :confused:

How does a person who "received" RESERVE$ come on board the "giving" end of the RESERVE$.
Is this not a conflict of interest.

Last edited: