- Joined
- Dec 30, 2010
- Messages
- 12,730
- Points
- 113
Former Central Narcotics Bureau (CNB) chief Ng Boon Gay will contest charges of corruption against him, his lawyers said on Tuesday evening.
In a statement emailed to The Straits Times, Ng's lawyers, Senior Counsel Tan Chee Meng and Ms Melanie Ho of Wong Partnership, said: 'As we had indicated in Court, Boon Gay will be contesting the charges. Personal indiscretions aside, Boon Gay firmly believes he is not a corrupt officer.'
Ng was charged in court on Tuesday with four counts of corruption involving sex with a woman seeking government contracts.
The 46-year-old is accused of obtaining sexual gratification from Ms Cecilia Sue Siew Nang, who was an employee of two IT vendors between June and December last year. The IT vendors are Oracle and Hitachi Data Systems.
In a statement emailed to The Straits Times, Ng's lawyers, Senior Counsel Tan Chee Meng and Ms Melanie Ho of Wong Partnership, said: 'As we had indicated in Court, Boon Gay will be contesting the charges. Personal indiscretions aside, Boon Gay firmly believes he is not a corrupt officer.'
Ng was charged in court on Tuesday with four counts of corruption involving sex with a woman seeking government contracts.
The 46-year-old is accused of obtaining sexual gratification from Ms Cecilia Sue Siew Nang, who was an employee of two IT vendors between June and December last year. The IT vendors are Oracle and Hitachi Data Systems.