• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why no opposition member offer help or visit taxi driver Cheng Teck Hock's family

sirus

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
image.php

I am the eye in the sky
Looking at you, I can read your mind
I am the maker of rules
Dealing with fools, I can cheat you blind
[video=youtube;euhgMBgTB34]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=euhgMBgTB34&feature=related[/video]

exobay

Alfrescian
Loyal
Only a moron would suggest taking the opportunity to get political mileage out of the misery of a family deprived of their beloved husband and father. Goes to show what kindly of mentality lurks within his psyche.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
shit skins have the act of bullshitting down to a fine art. If they believe shangmugam then pink elephants exist in this world.

Sorry to intrude. The fact is "pink elephants" do exist in this world. Haven't you read?
You have to nail a fact with facts - and un-photoshopped pictures.

http://greentravel.world-travelguides.com/

From my knowledge, there are many exisiting schemes already in place in our educational institutions from primary schools all the way to universities to help those in financial needs - especially for the purpose of education - including transport and meal subsidies. The government has always say they will not deny anyone an education because of financial difficulty. Children of trishaw riders, despatched riders, taxi-drivers and others have benefitted from these financial schemes all along and some have gone all the way to universities.

What Shangmugam did was perhaps to assure the family that their status will be favourably considered in view of the sudden tragedy - and to offer any additional help from the constituency if need be.

Last edited:

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
This practice of attending constituents wake were started by Low Thia Khiang and PAP was quick to pick up the practice.

myo539

Alfrescian
Loyal
opposition have no money, it is not their fault. we all know pap is rich.

is there a lesson to be learn? i always like to speed off the green light.
Maybe i should slowly move off the line, save money, save trouble. there are more and more prc drivers in singapore road. just have to be careful.

iMAS has always reminded us on their Electronic Boards : Drive carefully for your loved ones!
It's ok if you go, but your family and the people you love suffer.

Next time you pass by one of these messages. Just say "Thank you, iMAS."

As an afterthought, did any PAP MPs from East Coast GRC attend the PRC wake?

Last edited:

BuiKia

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Unless you're refering to ruling party using their personal money to help the family, otherwise the money they use belongs to the tax-payers. It is like using other people's money to do charity. It is fine as they are voted into power by the people and they have the rights to do it. I dun think the opposition has access to those money. Anyway, the deceased in under Shangmugam's area so he has to do it.

Cruxx

Alfrescian
Loyal
data.jpg

Shanmugam: "We're sorry to bother you at this hour. We would have come earlier but your husband wasn't dead then."

ginfreely

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is called the PAP logic. They use the similar kind of logic in all their propaganda, the most famous one being "PAP can do this for you, do that for you. What can Opposition do for you?" (read between the lines: because we control tax payers' money, opposition has no access)

Hehe yeah all the stupid PAP logic commonly heard before election:

- Don't vote for opposition, you only see them once in five years, other time they disappear blah blah...what rubbish, people need to eat and make a living, of course cannot expect people to hang around for five years without any sponsorship... Not unless these opposition candidates can join PEople Association then they will have plenty of time to hang around the constituency!

- Don't vote for opposition, what have they done for you, whereas PAP have done this and that blah blah....of course lah, opposition not in power how to do things for people... Money come from own pocket?!

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unless you're refering to ruling party using their personal money to help the family, otherwise the money they use belongs to the tax-payers. It is like using other people's money to do charity. It is fine as they are voted into power by the people and they have the rights to do it. I dun think the opposition has access to those money. Anyway, the deceased in under Shangmugam's area so he has to do it.

They are using your money to help the Cheng family on our behalf.
We come out with the money and they get the credit.