• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why do people want to beat up condo security guards

Filloz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Our condo security guards are usually cocky and rude. You empower them with some power, they think they are big fuck. This is probably the biggest achievement in their life, as if the whole estate got to be scared of them or respect them.

This is the third case of condo security guard being beaten up this month,
https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...minium-security-guard-officer-assault-3434161
by resident.

It happened so many times. If residents can't stand them, think of how they will treat visiting-friends and delivery crew. I have my fair share of facing security guards who made things difficult for people who are visiting or making a living. Most of them deserves to be beaten up.

Filloz

Alfrescian
Loyal
They are not properly trained.:biggrin:

I don't really have such problems with office security guards.

It is these low self-esteemed residential security guards who wants kowtow to them, they need to be reminded that they are like dogs, well-behaved dogs. How often they are helpful to a visitor or delivery man?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Our condo security guards are usually cocky and rude. You empower them with some power, they think they are big fuck. This is probably the biggest achievement in their life, as if the whole estate got to be scared of them or respect them.

https://www.channelnewsasia.com/sin...minium-security-guard-officer-assault-3434161
by resident.

It happened so many times. If residents can't stand them, think of how they will treat visiting-friends and delivery crew. I have my fair share of facing security guards who made things difficult for people who are visiting or making a living. Most of them deserves to be beaten up.

Some of them are instructed by their managers to be guailan and to show no fear... a tall order for minimum wage old farts.

Filloz

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some of them are instructed by their managers to be guailan and to show no fear... a tall order for minimum wage old farts.
In so many cases, even own residents can't stand them, it says a lot about their arrogance. These people have fundamental attitude problem, when we deliver to army camps, even the armed NSF on guard-duty is more helpful and polite.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

by resident.

Its not the guards fault. Visitors cannot even give occupants unit number.

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
It is all government fault. Why old people are not allowed to work in police force but they are allowed to work in security industry ? Pls explain

ChinaCommunistSG

Alfrescian
Loyal
Pap always say Singapore is very safe and young people will not be raped when walking at night. If so, why do they need security guards at Condo ? Why ?

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Pap always say Singapore is very safe and young people will not be raped when walking at night. If so, why do they need security guards at Condo ? Why ?

Condos are gated communities, so the residents need an additional layer of private security to separate themselves from the peasants outside.

Alfrescian
Loyal
Condos are gated communities, so the residents need an additional layer of private security to separate themselves from the peasants outside.
and just bcoz they are paying for the service, that is why they treat the guards like dirt... sinkies are no angels

Alfrescian
Loyal

by resident.

Then dont engage security guards. Save your MF. What so difficult.

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
It could be the management putting pressure on the security guards of newer condos to be more 'on the ball' when doing their job.

I remember visiting a friend at his condo after school, it was a vintage four-storey condo, and anyone could just walk in. Most of the time the security guard would be sleeping, relaxing or reading the newspaper. I highly doubt you get that in modern condos, the security arrangement in them feels more like what you find at an army camp.