• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Why are running shoes so fucking expensive these days ?

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Not only that. Many high end models have soles with hardly any threads for traction. I had an Adidas and that shoes worn out in less than 2 months, meaning soles totally became flat and smooth, making it slippery in the wet.

My favorite brand is Brooks but their prices have skyrocketed. Their high-end model "Beast" used to be $140 few years back and now it is nearly $300 for the upgraded model !

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
Why do you think everyone cycling instead of jogging? I bought a bicycle that cost same price as jogging shoes. Its far more interesting to cycle than jog in our weather due yo the eind generated. No need to buy expensive bikes as we are ot raving. Just one good enough to strengthen the heart.

glockman

Old Fart
Asset
Not only that. Many high end models have soles with hardly any threads for traction. I had an Adidas and that shoes worn out in less than 2 months, meaning soles totally became flat and smooth, making it slippery in the wet.

My favorite brand is Brooks but their prices have skyrocketed. Their high-end model "Beast" used to be $140 few years back and now it is nearly $300 for the upgraded model !
I was recommended Hoka One One by a friend. And I like it very much.

https://www.outdoorlife.com.sg/brands/hoka/
https://www.hoka.com/

GOD IS MY DOG

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Zalora got good prices leh............

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There's always the option of buying SAF running shoes. But beware, it seems that each new batch become less and less durable... if you put in a lot of mileage, you know.

There are plenty of shops selling sports shoes at IMM, once in a while they have sales and discounts. For example, two pairs for the price of one. Those shops are always crowded.

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal

Buy Power brand running shoes from Bata. You'll be surprised that it can outlast an Adidas.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not be misled by all these branded expensive sports shoes marketings. It's all about the running and not on the shoes. If one is serious about running any cheap running shoes saf shoes etc are good for running. No matter how the shoe is lab designed tested for contours or long term safety etc it doesn't make much difference unless the shoe is customed made for your feet

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do not be misled by all these branded expensive sports shoes marketings. It's all about the running and not on the shoes. If one is serious about running any cheap running shoes saf shoes etc are good for running. No matter how the shoe is lab designed tested for contours or long term safety etc it doesn't make much difference unless the shoe is customed made for your feet
Wise saying :thumbsup:

Balls2U

Alfrescian
Loyal
Buy Lotto and Diadora sports shoes. I believe you can still find them at Queensway and Peninsula Shopping Centre.

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Just went Queensway SC and find that many new brands have popped up like On, Under Armour and Altra. They all look cheap and non-lasting but cost well over $200.
林北 old school and only want Brooks but shops there don't carry them anymore.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal
Too much expenditure spent on A&P. The gongkia who buys branded Nike Adidas etc are paying for their A&P spent. :biggrin:

blackmondy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I buy them mainly for distance walking and stair-climbing. I sprain easily even when walking so good stability and thick cushioning are paramount. Tried many brands and Brooks is still the best for me.

hollowman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I buy them mainly for distance walking and stair-climbing. I sprain easily even when walking so good stability and thick cushioning are paramount. Tried many brands and Brooks is still the best for me.
I think no shoes in this world can fit me. Even the supposed to be most comfortable walking shoes like sketchers also will have cuts on the back of my foot. I always need to buy a separate in soles and test them. Each time when my own customed made shoe gets worn out I will have a headache to get another and run into risk of throwing $ away if the test all fails :frown: most likely is due to a unbalanced length of my legs after a major rta long ago. Even is not noticeable by the eyes this mean that having a same length does really matter.