• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Who came up with this system of reincarnation?

always1600

Alfrescian
Loyal
YOU are the one who decide. Everyday we accumulate merit or demerit 'point/s'. things we said and do, actions we cause pain or joy to others...etc. In you final judgement day, there will be a route for u to choose n take. All the questions will be there waiting for u to answer.

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Has rebirth been verified or it is just guess work?

That's a silly question to ask. If rebirth can be verified easily, you won't be a Christian. And if resurrection can be verified easily, I won't be a Buddhist.

For the record, the Buddha professed that he verified the rebirth process for himself after attaining the mental concentration of the fourth jhana. And if I wish to verify it for myself, I will have to attain the same mental concentration for myself.

Is there anyway if you can verify resurrection for yourself, without invoking God or his help?

To store individual deeds and actions requires massive storage.
Where can nature provide such huge hardisk?

I hypothesize kamma as a form of mental energy. Mental energies propagate as waves of different frequencies. Two different mental energies may cancel each other out or they may merge and amplify. When rebirth is imminent, one or more 'big' waves will be 'interrupted', and the resultant interrupted wave energy will determine the pattern of DNA recombination.

You don't really need a very huge hard disk.

Hahahaman

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hypothesize kamma as a form of mental energy. Mental energies propagate as waves of different frequencies. Two different mental energies may cancel each other out or they may merge and amplify. When rebirth is imminent, one or more 'big' waves will be 'interrupted', and the resultant interrupted wave energy will determine the pattern of DNA recombination.

You don't really need a very huge hard disk.

Why don't you use MN 57. Make it easier to understand.

Kinana

Alfrescian
Loyal
Nobody. Just empty phenomena rolling on.

Which part of me can you pin down as a truth and reality that is unchanging and eternal?

You mean there is a system but no intelligence in it?
Based on what criteria who rebirths allocated the various realms?

kryonlight

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
You mean there is a system but no intelligence in it?
Based on what criteria who rebirths allocated the various realms?

Based on the type of mental energy that is propagated. Mental energies that are full of greed, aversion or delusion go downwards.

vamjok

Alfrescian
Loyal
Dear Scientist (???) Rojak,

Look you are not quite speechless to my thread...could you help to compute the probability that the first verse of the Bible (Genesis 1:1) that has over two dozens multiple of 7 could be written by random chance....

Be warned, this is only one exercise for you....once you have computed this...there are still many to go.....

do you think i bothered about a book that is full of fairy tales that is only good for masturbation?

drifter

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Dear Scientist (???) Rojak,

Look you are not quite speechless to my thread...could you help to compute the probability that the first verse of the Bible (Genesis 1:1) that has over two dozens multiple of 7 could be written by random chance....

Be warned, this is only one exercise for you....once you have computed this...there are still many to go.....

since you love bible verses why not come to my bible verses thread ? confirm can make you song song gao jurong :wink:

http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?115225-365-days-evil-Scripture-Reading-)

Last edited: