• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious Wall Collapse At Yew Tee MRT On Christmas! One Loser Injured!

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
1672015369894.png

The exterior wall of a shop at Yew Tee MRT station collapsed and reportedly fell on a man.

The incident, Lianhe Zaobao reported, occurred at 11:40am on Dec. 25.

Based on photos of the incident, the shop space is beside The Food Inn eatery and was undergoing renovations at that time.

The remnants of a crumpled wall, with exposed red bricks, were seen at the scene.

1672015388622.png

Police and TransCom officers were also present.

Zaobao reported that the area was cordoned off following the wall's collapse.

The man who was injured by the collapsed wall had reportedly hurt his back.

He was apparently a passer-by.

The workers were having lunch when the external wall collapsed, causing all renovation works to stop, the Chinese newspaper also reported.

The works began on Dec. 24

The workers were installing cabinets at that time when the incident occurred, it was reported.

Approval was obtained from the authorities prior to the renovation.

The specific cause of the collapse is not known.

The collapsed exterior wall was originally where an ATM machine was installed, Zaobao also reported, and that leased space was only handed back to the restaurant in August 2021.

This is a developing story.

https://mothership.sg/2022/12/yew-tee-mrt-wall-collapse/

laksaboy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Who was the Tiong contractor who built the station ? Who approved the contract ?

I don't think Tiong contractors were around back in the day, when the north-south line linking Jurong East and Woodlands was constructed.

The later additions and alterations to the station... your guess is as good as mine. :biggrin:

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
SG leaders ran a strong Govt once. now no more ready.
1G very strong
2g strong
3g compromised
4g extremely soft

and now weak.......soft ...liberal.... to the core that Quality is compromised
Money became TOP priority over Quality

Thats is why newer buildings are weaker compared to older buildings
Now Singapore TRAINS are overcrowded.

If you report the problem with authorities will anyone listen??
All because the LOW QUALIY PAP leaders are drawing huge salaries which is unjustified. If LHL and other PAP members or transport minister salaries are justified, thery would have taken trains to their offices, then they will see their own problem which is imminent to the whole Singapore

Because PAP leaders are so rude and ridicules and think they are down the earth
Yes...they will be below or under the earth soone.

The Gay UK Prime Minister David Camaron on the last at his office. He handled things with Care??
Can you think if LHL do such things? Will LHL handle things of Singaporeans with care?

David Camaroon last day in office.JPG

Last edited:

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
What is the difference between UK David Cameroon and Singapore PM LHL as they both are gays????
  • UK PM David Cameroon is GAY, but he accepted it
  • SG PM is gay in closet, but haven't accepted it in Public
That is where all the problems in SG.

LHL must come out of his closet and come out clean as he betrayed all Singaporeans trust.
If Singaporeans knew this in the LAST election, PAP would not have won any seat in any GRC.

Singapore Dancing Spirit

Alfrescian
Loyal
When I was in USA, one day i took my friend a Malaysian Chinese.to a Restaurant in NJ, USA. As we are waiting to be seated, we were gazing through the menu together. Because our culture is OPEN, sometimes Asians comes closer and casually put their hands on shoulders out of friendship, but we were not gays despite we were in early 20s. This is in the past.

One American white dude attacked us as if we were gays.

Dude: Hey, you guys living together (it is to claim that we are gays)
me: yes, do u wanna join us together (counterattack to keep his mouth shut but he laughed out)

Thats because American men won't touch each other in public unless they are gays. Though we were neither gay nor living together, we often went out for dinner together as we cherished our friendship in a land faraway from SG. Form that day onwards, we learnt the issue of sexual orientation in USA for the first time which was 30 years ahead of SG. Whatever i see today in SG, I had seen it 30 years ago in the USA.