• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Villager fights off crocodile

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
SE Asia
Home > Breaking News > SE Asia > Story
Jan 22, 2010

KUCHING - A MALAYSIAN lorry driver survived a crocodile attack by poking the reptile in its eyes repeatedly when it refused to let go of him. Mr Mathias Winston, 37, from Kampung Semada Belatok, had gone to the river for a bath at about 6.30pm on Wednesday when the five-metre-long crocodile struck. 'While I was having my bath the river seemed to be clear. Then suddenly, a crocodile bit my legs from under the calm water. I tried to prise open the crocodile's jaws but it would not let go. I then poked its eyes until it released me,' he said at the Sarawak General Hospital here where he was being treated for injuries to his hands and legs on Thursday.

Mr Mathias wrestled with the creature for about 10 minutes at Sungai Semada, Balai Ringin, near here before screaming for help.His wife Mira Dehim, who was cooking in their house near the river, heard him and rushed to his rescue. 'I ran to the river bank and was shocked to see him being attacked by the crocodile. I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him out. I thought he was going to die as the crocodile was so big,' she said, adding that this was the second such incident in the village. In 2008, a villager was attacked by a crocodile but survived with injuries to his hips, thighs and ribs. -- THE STAR/ANN

kingrant

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ohh, I thot he was Mathias Yao....

SE Asia
Jan 22, 2010

KUCHING - A MALAYSIAN lorry driver survived a crocodile attack by poking the reptile in its eyes repeatedly when it refused to let go of him. Mr Mathias Winston, 37, from Kampung Semada Belatok, had gone to the river for a bath at about 6.30pm on Wednesday when the five-metre-long crocodile struck. 'While I was having my bath the river seemed to be clear. Then suddenly, a crocodile bit my legs from under the calm water. I tried to prise open the crocodile's jaws but it would not let go. I then poked its eyes until it released me,' he said at the Sarawak General Hospital here where he was being treated for injuries to his hands and legs on Thursday.

Mr Mathias wrestled with the creature for about 10 minutes at Sungai Semada, Balai Ringin, near here before screaming for help.His wife Mira Dehim, who was cooking in their house near the river, heard him and rushed to his rescue. 'I ran to the river bank and was shocked to see him being attacked by the crocodile. I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him out. I thought he was going to die as the crocodile was so big,' she said, adding that this was the second such incident in the village. In 2008, a villager was attacked by a crocodile but survived with injuries to his hips, thighs and ribs. -- THE STAR/ANN

yellow people

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Man survives croc attack

SE Asia
Jan 23, 2010

Man survives croc attack
<!-- by line --> <!-- end by line -->
<!-- end left side bar -->
ST_IMAGES_PEOPLE23C.jpg

Mr Mathias Winston, 37, lying in bed in hospital as his wife Mira Dehim tends to him. -- PHOTO: THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK

<!-- story content : start --> KUCHING (SARAWAK) - A LORRY driver survived a crocodile attack by poking the reptile in its eyes repeatedly when it refused to let go of him. Mr Mathias Winston, 37, from Kampung Semada Belatok, had gone to the river for a bath at about 6.30pm on Wednesday when the 5m-long crocodile struck. 'While I was having my bath, the river seemed to be clear. Then suddenly, a crocodile bit my legs from under the calm water. 'I tried to prise open the crocodile's jaws but it would not let go. I then poked its eyes until it released me,' Mr Mathias said at the Sarawak General Hospital, where he was being treated for injuries to his hands and legs on Friday. Mr Mathias wrestled with the creature for about 10 minutes before screaming for help. His wife Mira Dehim, who was cooking in their house near the river, heard him and rushed to his rescue. 'I ran to the river bank and was shocked to see him being attacked by the crocodile. I grabbed his hand and tried to pull him out. 'I thought he was going to die as the crocodile was so big,' she said, adding that this was the second such incident in the village. In 2008, a villager was attacked by a crocodile, but survived with injuries to his hips, thighs and ribs. -- THE STAR/ASIA NEWS NETWORK