• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

[Video] - Woman Secretly Records Her Doctors Insulting Her During Surgery

UltimaOnline

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset

Maria Zahedi

Maria Zahedi

10 days ago
I have worked in the medical field before. I used to think it was a professional and honourable career until I started working with them, but I have never met people that are more disrespectful and entitled. No matter what your work is, if you don't have the person's best interest in hand-do not do the job. I'm glad she recorded it, and I hope she sues the crap out of them.

Rachel Wyatt

Rachel Wyatt

2 months ago
When I worked in the emergency room for a while, I could NOT believe the way patients were talked about and mocked behind their backs. Everyone assumed most were lying , embellishing their problems or just drug seeking. It was awful to see how they judged every person coming in.

Alex Ochoa

Alex Ochoa

9 days ago
I'm a nurse.. honestly.. when our patients are in surgery, I always hear how disrespectful are the most of the surgeons... is a shame

john talbott

john talbott

4 months ago
My wife and I were Surg Techs for a while and we were appalled at how the surgeons would make fun of and insult the patients while they were under. They also treated the nurses like crap. I don’t miss that gig at all.

Fish

Fish

7 days ago
As a nurse, I can see this being an everyday thing and that’s sad. Just like if you work in customer service or as a waiter, you complain about your customers when they’re gone.

Duane Harper

Duane Harper

7 months ago (edited)
I was fired from 2 hospitals, worked in 3 separate specialty clinics and the things that most of the staff say about patients behind closed doors would make anyone feel uncomfortable about receiving compassionate care from their doctors office. I may have been late a few times but at least I cared about people.

Conn Lee

Conn Lee

1 year ago
As a nurse, this is true. Doctors and nurses are very cold hearted and many are in it for the status and money.

JussyRaven2

JussyRaven2

3 weeks ago
in operating rooms is one thing, it's when your doctor says something completely off-color to your face that is even more upsetting! I had a re-occurring infection in my tonsils that kept coming back over and over again. I was a single mother, living with and helping take care of my parents and my toddler son. At one point my tonsils had swollen up to the size of golf balls and I was hospitalized to get the swelling down. Two weeks later, they started swelling again and I went into my doctor's office. He actually asked me, and I quote: "Who've you been blowing?" I was so insulted! I was much too busy working two jobs and caring for my parents and my son to even think about being sexual active whatsoever! I reported the incident to the county medical board who brushed it off by saying that I must have misunderstood him. No, I did not! You don't misunderstand someone when they ask you in that way!

Gabriela Barahona

Gabriela Barahona

4 days ago
Wow. This is the most vulnerable time for a patient. Laying there naked and having their life in hands that are rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional. I don’t understand how some healthcare workers never think they will maybe one day be on the other side.

Legato Bluesummers

Legato Bluesummers

7 days ago
That's disgusting. Doctors like this clearly don't deserve their medical license. Imagine if they messed up and accidentally killed a patient. I'm sure they'd still be laughing. I was in a coma for 2 weeks and it's angering to know that Doctors could be laughing and insulting me when there's a possibility that I might not wake up.

Jeremy

Jeremy

6 months ago
I worked as a custodian in an OR for two years and trust me, this is a daily occurrence for almost every patient. Doctors and staff make fun of patient's bodies, tattoos and figures. One time the Nurses even had a "measuring contest" for all the male patients. It's deplorable. I'm so glad I left there.

The evil Genius

The evil Genius

8 days ago
In my early 20’s I worked in surgery as a CNA, and I remember several surgeons making comments about patients. One in particular that had always bothered me was a comment he made about a young woman’s breast, I immediately thought to myself how upsetting that sort of comment is and just how scummy he was to do that.

She Stands In The Truth

She Stands In The Truth

1 year ago (edited)
I'm not surprised. A lot of doctors are cold hearted. It's the whole "Your life depends on me" mentality that makes them have this arrogant attitude. I said a lot not all. It's unethical and dishonorable. If you have this little regard for a human life laying in your care. Just quit.

Rabid Mewtwo Fangirl

Rabid Mewtwo Fangirl

7 months ago
My doctors made fun of me BEFORE my surgery, I feel for her. They messed up, by the way. Had a bruised stomach flap because they didn't give me enough anesthesia and I woke up during surgery (at least that's what they told me).

Sadie

Sadie

9 hours ago
Dear patients, I am an EMT and have unfortunately heard many comments like this and people talking bad about patients in the field. I wanted to say I’m truly sorry. No one deserves to be bullied and mocked especially in such a vulnerable position. On the other hand I’ve had some great experiences with colleagues who care for you and would do anything to help you. My patients have impacted my life forever and they make me a better person. I think of them often and wonder how they are. Don’t be afraid to stand up to these people or leave when you feel unsafe. They are not above you.

Sgt Peppers

Sgt Peppers

7 months ago
I did many clinical hours in surgery and the things I heard were not as bad as this video but they were pretty damn close. Definitely changed the way I look at surgeons or MDs for that matter.

Helen Kinert

Helen Kinert

7 months ago
People that work in hospitals are mean. I know I worked in one and what they say behind a patients back is discussing. I had to walk away so I didn’t lose it. I called them out but when the boss engaged in the same behavior it didn’t help much. When I have to have a procedure I always tell them I know you are going to say nasty things about me when I am out, just remember I have people that love me so keep them in mind.

J D

J D

1 year ago
I remember everything from my colonoscopy when I was in high school. (I had some health issues that required the procedure to take place even though I was young.) The light anesthetic they used didn't knock me out and I basically watched the whole time. I was able to hear everything but I couldn't really move or talk. They said that this procedure was basically a cattle call and how they thought I was faking it. (Why would a teenager fake something that required a colonoscopy?!) Then they talked about how tired they were and what their kids were wearing for prom. It just went on and on with mean comments about me while I was in such a vulnerable position and with blatant disregard for the dignity of their patient. I was so embarrassed when it was time for me to go home. Today I am a nurse and before I graduated I swore to myself that I would do everything I could to maintain patient privacy, dignity, and respect.

minie armie

minie armie

6 months ago
It's a workplace culture. I used to be a DR-NICU nurse. The things I heard everyday shocked me. I knew I wasn't going to last there. So I left because I didn't want to assimilate in that kind of culture.

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is probably how the asshole @porcaputtana behaves while the patient is conscious. That why he is gutless to go private cos no one will want him.

Unconscious . Not conscious . Understand the video properly you idiot .

But yes I can be sarcastic and condescending to patients. Especially low SES worthless subsidized MC seekers like your good self

I normally dispense with them within 90-120 seconds before dispatching them to see my foreign talent residents so I can quickly go back to my private full insured cases.

Being senior in government hospital means I have the best of both worlds. Absolutely no reason to go private :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal
Unconscious . Not conscious . Understand the video properly you idiot .

But yes I can be sarcastic and condescending to patients. Especially low SES worthless subsidized MC seekers like your good self

I normally dispense with them within 90-120 seconds before dispatching them to see my foreign talent residents so I can quickly go back to my private full insured cases.

Being senior in government hospital means I have the best of both worlds. Absolutely no reason to go private :biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
I really meant 'conscious', as you've jolly well admitted, you idiot. Learn how to read and not just regurgitate.
Be a man and go private la. Prove me wrong that your willy isn't soft like noodles. Is there no board that can help you with that?

porcaputtana

Alfrescian
Loyal
I really meant 'conscious', as you've jolly well admitted, you idiot. Learn how to read and not just regurgitate.
Be a man and go private la. Prove me wrong that your willy isn't soft like noodles. Is there no board that can help you with that?

I have no need to prove myself to a low caste public transport piece of turd like you

you better get busy and think about how to retain your job next month . Not even fit to be my janitor soon

Sir_Fcuk

Lunch Corporal
Loyal
I have no need to prove myself to a low caste public transport piece of turd like you

you better get busy and think about how to retain your job next month . Not even fit to be my janitor soon
lunch corporal is reading this on pubic transport and laughing

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
Precious is a fat pig.

images

Loofydralb

Alfrescian
Loyal

Awww... you're actually trying to throw insults thinking it will hurt my ego :roflmao: :roflmao:
I know whose FOUR board ego is hurt here

glockman

Old Fart
Asset

Maria Zahedi

Maria Zahedi

10 days ago
I have worked in the medical field before. I used to think it was a professional and honourable career until I started working with them, but I have never met people that are more disrespectful and entitled. No matter what your work is, if you don't have the person's best interest in hand-do not do the job. I'm glad she recorded it, and I hope she sues the crap out of them.

Rachel Wyatt

Rachel Wyatt

2 months ago
When I worked in the emergency room for a while, I could NOT believe the way patients were talked about and mocked behind their backs. Everyone assumed most were lying , embellishing their problems or just drug seeking. It was awful to see how they judged every person coming in.

Alex Ochoa

Alex Ochoa

9 days ago
I'm a nurse.. honestly.. when our patients are in surgery, I always hear how disrespectful are the most of the surgeons... is a shame

john talbott

john talbott

4 months ago
My wife and I were Surg Techs for a while and we were appalled at how the surgeons would make fun of and insult the patients while they were under. They also treated the nurses like crap. I don’t miss that gig at all.

Fish

Fish

7 days ago
As a nurse, I can see this being an everyday thing and that’s sad. Just like if you work in customer service or as a waiter, you complain about your customers when they’re gone.

Duane Harper

Duane Harper

7 months ago (edited)
I was fired from 2 hospitals, worked in 3 separate specialty clinics and the things that most of the staff say about patients behind closed doors would make anyone feel uncomfortable about receiving compassionate care from their doctors office. I may have been late a few times but at least I cared about people.

Conn Lee

Conn Lee

1 year ago
As a nurse, this is true. Doctors and nurses are very cold hearted and many are in it for the status and money.

JussyRaven2

JussyRaven2

3 weeks ago
in operating rooms is one thing, it's when your doctor says something completely off-color to your face that is even more upsetting! I had a re-occurring infection in my tonsils that kept coming back over and over again. I was a single mother, living with and helping take care of my parents and my toddler son. At one point my tonsils had swollen up to the size of golf balls and I was hospitalized to get the swelling down. Two weeks later, they started swelling again and I went into my doctor's office. He actually asked me, and I quote: "Who've you been blowing?" I was so insulted! I was much too busy working two jobs and caring for my parents and my son to even think about being sexual active whatsoever! I reported the incident to the county medical board who brushed it off by saying that I must have misunderstood him. No, I did not! You don't misunderstand someone when they ask you in that way!

Gabriela Barahona

Gabriela Barahona

4 days ago
Wow. This is the most vulnerable time for a patient. Laying there naked and having their life in hands that are rude, disrespectful, and unprofessional. I don’t understand how some healthcare workers never think they will maybe one day be on the other side.

Legato Bluesummers

Legato Bluesummers

7 days ago
That's disgusting. Doctors like this clearly don't deserve their medical license. Imagine if they messed up and accidentally killed a patient. I'm sure they'd still be laughing. I was in a coma for 2 weeks and it's angering to know that Doctors could be laughing and insulting me when there's a possibility that I might not wake up.

Jeremy

Jeremy

6 months ago
I worked as a custodian in an OR for two years and trust me, this is a daily occurrence for almost every patient. Doctors and staff make fun of patient's bodies, tattoos and figures. One time the Nurses even had a "measuring contest" for all the male patients. It's deplorable. I'm so glad I left there.

The evil Genius

The evil Genius

8 days ago
In my early 20’s I worked in surgery as a CNA, and I remember several surgeons making comments about patients. One in particular that had always bothered me was a comment he made about a young woman’s breast, I immediately thought to myself how upsetting that sort of comment is and just how scummy he was to do that.

She Stands In The Truth

She Stands In The Truth

1 year ago (edited)
I'm not surprised. A lot of doctors are cold hearted. It's the whole "Your life depends on me" mentality that makes them have this arrogant attitude. I said a lot not all. It's unethical and dishonorable. If you have this little regard for a human life laying in your care. Just quit.

Rabid Mewtwo Fangirl

Rabid Mewtwo Fangirl

7 months ago
My doctors made fun of me BEFORE my surgery, I feel for her. They messed up, by the way. Had a bruised stomach flap because they didn't give me enough anesthesia and I woke up during surgery (at least that's what they told me).

Sadie

Sadie

9 hours ago
Dear patients, I am an EMT and have unfortunately heard many comments like this and people talking bad about patients in the field. I wanted to say I’m truly sorry. No one deserves to be bullied and mocked especially in such a vulnerable position. On the other hand I’ve had some great experiences with colleagues who care for you and would do anything to help you. My patients have impacted my life forever and they make me a better person. I think of them often and wonder how they are. Don’t be afraid to stand up to these people or leave when you feel unsafe. They are not above you.

Sgt Peppers

Sgt Peppers

7 months ago
I did many clinical hours in surgery and the things I heard were not as bad as this video but they were pretty damn close. Definitely changed the way I look at surgeons or MDs for that matter.

Helen Kinert

Helen Kinert

7 months ago
People that work in hospitals are mean. I know I worked in one and what they say behind a patients back is discussing. I had to walk away so I didn’t lose it. I called them out but when the boss engaged in the same behavior it didn’t help much. When I have to have a procedure I always tell them I know you are going to say nasty things about me when I am out, just remember I have people that love me so keep them in mind.

J D

J D

1 year ago
I remember everything from my colonoscopy when I was in high school. (I had some health issues that required the procedure to take place even though I was young.) The light anesthetic they used didn't knock me out and I basically watched the whole time. I was able to hear everything but I couldn't really move or talk. They said that this procedure was basically a cattle call and how they thought I was faking it. (Why would a teenager fake something that required a colonoscopy?!) Then they talked about how tired they were and what their kids were wearing for prom. It just went on and on with mean comments about me while I was in such a vulnerable position and with blatant disregard for the dignity of their patient. I was so embarrassed when it was time for me to go home. Today I am a nurse and before I graduated I swore to myself that I would do everything I could to maintain patient privacy, dignity, and respect.

minie armie

minie armie

6 months ago
It's a workplace culture. I used to be a DR-NICU nurse. The things I heard everyday shocked me. I knew I wasn't going to last there. So I left because I didn't want to assimilate in that kind of culture.
It's best to not know what people say behind our backs. Because what I don't know, won't affect us. My life philosophy is don't ask, don't tell, as well as don't tell when I didn't ask. I value peace of mind over ignorance :biggrin: