• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Tutor cheats death in snatch theft incident

K

Keiji Maeda

Friday October 8, 2010

Tutor cheats death in snatch theft incident

By WANI MUTHIAH
[email protected]

KLANG: A home tutor cheated death after being dragged several metres when a thief on a motorcycle grabbed her handbag. Recalling the incident that happened at 4pm on Saturday, Lim Peh Ching, 32, said she was walking towards her car which she had parked at Taman Eng Ann after it ran out of fuel.

She was carrying a can of petrol she bought from a service station nearby, an umbrella and the handbag that was slung across her body. Lim said she was near her car when she felt her handbag being tugged from behind. She fell and was dragged for several metres.

“The strap was around my neck and I couldn’t do much to free myself as I was holding the petrol can in one hand and an umbrella in the other,” she said. Lim said she was lucky she fell on her back instead of face down, thus escaping more serious injuries to her face. “The pain was unbearable and I knew I would die if I allowed myself to be dragged longer.

“I told myself that my children needed me and tugged hard at my handbag’s strap,” Lim said. The strap broke and she freed herself while the snatch thief made off with her handbag containing a purse with RM18, her MyKad and driving licence as well as two handphones.

She was taken to the clinic by a friend’s neighbour.
Lim was, however, disappointed with the way she was treated when she lodged a police report at the Bandar Baru Klang police station. “At one point, the policeman told me not to talk too much but just answer his questions,” said Lim.

She added she had expected them to be more understanding, given the trauma she had suffered. She then approached social activist Peter Tan to highlight her issue to the media. Lim is recuperating at home but said the bruises and wounds would need at least a month to heal. “I cry every night as the pain is just too much to bear,” she added.