• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thousands thronged CNY bazaars for last minute shopping

Ganesha

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20120123_122316_tnp_cny.jpg

KOTA KINABALU - Thousands of people thronged the Chinese New Year bazaars at the Central market here for a spot of last minute shopping today.

Customers especially from the Chinese community, started crowding the bazaar from 7am to get the necessities for the perfect reunion meal.

Housewife Catherine Foong, 51, was also busy shopping for meat and decorations for the family dinner gathering.

"This is the most important meal and we must make sure that everything is perfect and in harmony as good tiding for the coming year," she said.

Foong said she would over 10 dishes for their family gathering during the Chinese New Year celebration.

"I've been cooking the main dishes including chicken, duck, pork and beef since Saturday

"It takes time to prepare all these meals and usually at New Year's eve I will prepare simple meals like vegetables and desserts.

"I have to start the preparation early or I will not have time to do them all and it will a disaster if the food is not enough for the gathering," she said.

For Victoria Lim, 47, she is looking forward to hosting the dinner to welcome her relatives from China and the United States.

"It is so wonderful that they could finally be able to come here and celebrate with us.

"I've been cooking up a storm for the past two days with the help of my mother and sister-in-law.

"There will be a huge crowd at our table and we must make sure that there will be enough food and ang pows for all," she said.