• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat This Week Fit Chiobu - Jimena Muchsel

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Jimena Muchsel​

Be inspired by the success stories of fitness influencers, celebrities, models and trainers in Singapore​

Cheryl Tay
Cheryl Tay
·Contributor
Mon, 21 August 2023 at 1:00 am GMT+1

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Jimena Muchsel is a graphic designer and content creator.

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week Jimena Muchsel is a graphic designer and content creator. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
Life goes beyond the digits on the scale and your body is capable of so much more! Yahoo’s #Fitspo of the Week series is dedicated to inspirational men and women in Singapore leading healthy and active lifestyles. Have someone to recommend? Hit Cheryl up on Instagram or Facebook!
Name: Jimena Yu Qing Muchsel (@jimenamuchsel)

Height: 1.74m
Weight: 52kg
Occupation: Graphic designer and content creator at Aftershock PC
Food: I usually eat what I want, but I don‘t drink coffee or crave pastries and cakes because my stomach can’t take it. I do however love ramen!
Exercise: I go to the gym after work whenever I can, unless I have any events that night, so I’d say two to thee times a week. Usually I start my workout with pull-ups (four to five pull-ups, two-minute rest, repeat 10 times).
I will split each workout session into back and biceps, chest and triceps, legs and sometimes I will practice callisthenics movements such as planche, muscleup or handstand.
Jimena tries to go the gym after work whenever she can.

Jimena tries to go the gym after work whenever she can. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
Q: When you were younger, were you active in sports?
A: Yes! I was pretty sporty already as a kid. I’d even say I was the sportiest in my class back in Austria then. Although I didn’t really do any sports by myself, I really enjoyed sports class in school.
What did you get into as you got older?
I got more into weight training at first because I wanted to prove others wrong. I was skinny my whole life, to a point where people even believed I was anorexic (due to my metabolism I couldn’t gain weight).
So to prove them wrong, I started to take weight gainers and build up muscles.
What does fitness mean to you?
Fitness has always been part of my life, without me realising how much I enjoyed it. It was only later that I realised how important fitness has become in my life.
Jimena took up weight training as she wants to prove others wrong.

Jimena took up weight training as she wants to prove others wrong. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
I just love how rewarding this lifestyle can be, not only to train your body to do new things but to also meet many inspiring people on the way and being part of a community that supports each other.
What are your fitness goals now?
At first I wanted to have abs and bigger butt, but now I find it more fun to set goals like achieving a muscle-up, a handstand, or a planche.
I want to also improve my body awareness and balance, with the hope of being able to get more into calisthenics in the future.
You’re a content creator not just for work, but also in your personal capacity. Do you face any challenges?
I love making content because I just love editing and making videos or taking photos, and I think the hardest part is to not lose yourself too much into making everything into content.
I tend to see beauty in many things so often, that I get overwhelmed with my own ideas.
Jimena feels it is more fun to set fitness goals such as achieving a muscle-up, a handstand, or a planche.

Jimena feels it is more fun to set fitness goals such as achieving a muscle-up, a handstand, or a planche. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
Is there any pressure to upkeep a certain image as you're quite prominent on the social media space?
To be honest, I like to treat my social media like a diary and post things that I would enjoy seeing.
I don’t really feel pressure, because I think as long as people enjoy my content, I am happy enough.
When you were younger, did you experience any incidents that made you feel insecure about yourself?
I once had insecurities about my calves and my nose (it’s not straight), but my dad asked me if anyone ever has said anything about these, and then I realised it’s just me overthinking.
I figured a person’s beauty is more than just appearance, and that the way I portray myself to others will always have a bigger impact.
Not caring about these things made me definitely more confident and happier, and I feel that people can sense that.
When did you feel the least confident about yourself?
When I was in Austria, I got bullied in school for being the “skinny Asian girl” in class and being super shy.
I didn’t dare to talk much until I started working part-time and had to talk to customers a lot. That’s when I realised I’m able to hold good conversations with people of different ages and nationalities and that my kindness and smile can lead to creating friendships.
Now I find it easy to talk to people because there is nothing to fear as long as you are kind to this person.
Jimena believes that kindness goes a long way in being able to interact with people with confidence.

Jimena believes that kindness goes a long way in being able to interact with people with confidence. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)
Did you ever struggle with your body?
My whole life I was considered “too skinny” (maybe my height emphasised it even more). It’s definitely genetics, but now that I’m fit and still get these comments, I know it’s just a subjective perception and it doesn’t bother me anymore.
Are you satisfied with your body now?
Yes definitely! I’m happy with the way my body looks and that it can function the way I want. I’m sure that with the achievements I’ll get along the way with learning certain movements, my body will show signs of improvement so I don’t really worry about it.
Do you get any comments about your body?
I often see some of the comments that I’m starting to “look manly”, and I even get some asking if I’m transgender. But I honestly don’t care if they don’t like my body because the only person who sees my body is my boyfriend and as long as he loves me I’m happy.
If you could change anything about yourself, would you?
I wish that I’d be less scared of heights or falling, and maybe less scared of the cold (one reason why I’m in Singapore). But it’s all a learning process and challenge, so bring it on!
Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Jimena Muchsel.

Singapore #Fitspo of the Week: Jimena Muchsel. (PHOTO: Cheryl Tay)