• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat The Kingmaker

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal

Vimeo link:

https://sea.mashable.com/life/19664...-infamous-rise-dramatic-fall-of-imelda-marcos

This free documentary shows the infamous rise & dramatic fall of Imelda Marcos​

An icon of '80s excess.
By Danial Martinus March 14, 2022

This free documentary shows the infamous rise & dramatic fall of Imelda Marcos

> Life
When it comes to opulence, excess, corruption, and human rights violations in Southeast Asia, you could fill out an entire laundry list of names if you really had the time. This, of course, comprises of a whole host of individuals, including heads of state, their not-so-on-the-sideline spouses, and even people claiming to be 'businessmen'.
But one name that will perhaps live in eternal infamy is Imelda Marcos – the former First Lady of the Philippines to then President Ferdinand Marcos, who wielded dictatorial rule throughout his time in power.
Of course, Imelda was known for one thing in particular: Her insatiable love for designer shoes – amounting to 3,000 pairs.

But there's more to the 'Iron Butterfly' than shoes.

kingmaker3_f87e.jpg

Lauren Greenfield interviews Imelda Marcos. IMAGE: Evergreen Pictures / Vox

In Lauren Greenfield's The Kingmaker, a documentary that takes us through the rise and fall of the Marcos family, we see Imelda herself narrate the entire journey through snippets of interviews with Greenfield.
The documentary actually premiered back in 2019 at the 76th Venice International Film Festival, but it's now available to stream on Vimeo – for free, might I add.

At first, The Kingmaker might make you feel some sympathy for Imelda. But very quickly, she descends into delusion, firmly believing she hadn't done anything wrong throughout the Marcos' time in power. Or so, that's what she might want you think.
It's fascinating, and mildly uncomfortable to see a woman of such stature and infamy talk about herself as a saint. Of course, the villagers who were forcibly removed from their community to make way for her precious safari zoo (with animals flown in from Africa) would like to differ.
201191815257365965-8_938a.jpg

IMAGE: EPA / Al Jazeera

"I thought she was surprisingly candid in the first interview, so it seemed more like she believed her own story, rather than telling untruths," Greenfield said in a 2019 interview with Vox.
"It took me like a little while to realize that what she said was just not true. She first told me about how great her marriage was, and I really didn’t know otherwise. But then, I learned about the affairs. I learned about other things that were obviously untrue [such as the state of the Marcos marriage, the way the Marcoses accumulated their wealth, and the living conditions in the Philippines under Marcos’ imposition of martial law]. When it got to the really egregious things, then it became really clear."
marcoses-flickr-20191004_m32s.jpg

IMAGE: Rappler

It becomes very apparent that she really did see herself as some sort of savior to the people of the Philippines. In fact, she once said these very words, which by any standard just sounds narcissistic:
“Filipinos want beauty. I have to look beautiful so that poor Filipinos will have a star to look at from their slums.”

You can watch The Kingmakerfor free here.

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ownself jiak sharkfin and people jiak sai don't fall then my uncle worlee.
Pap won't fall even ownself jiak sharkfin is due to tam chia ter nao sinkies no money also eat sharkfin by borrowing = jiak sai

tanwahtiu

Alfrescian
Loyal
This is similar to feels good heroship worshipping a Hollywood installed a person to be a Superstar to enshrine Hollywood platform to create wealth for the anointed One.

So when Hollywood celebrities were rich with hundreds of millions from acting in a silly script movie like Rambo can make the actor wealthy.

When a politician with Superstar talent become wealthy is branded a dictator and his wife live well with 3,000 pairs of shoes was corrupt? Why was it so... brand the leader as corrupt and dictator?

GCT worn a Armani suit was brand what? He deserved it. He worked hard for it as politician

This Western values of bad mouthing leaders must stop or sanctioned their MSM... hypocrite Western view not welcome in prosperous Asian nations..

Donald Trump and Bush family came from wealthy backgrounds why not complaint.

Wealth and politic cannot mix. Wealth corrupt politicians and even worse have a wealthy person to be your country leader.

Sanction US msm if you want to have a wealthy and successful country like Singapore...