• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

that's why LKY is right to treat ang mohs better than sinkies.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
when it comes to emigration, sinkies only think abt ang moh lands. to them ang moh lands are world class, developed countries, ang moh lands are like paradise built by the all mighty ang mohs.

during the mid 1800's, when someone told u to migrate to USA, you would be like fuck, who would want to go there, undeveloped, dirty, uncouth people. it only attracted poor irish , and persecuted protestants, but today their descandents are reaping the rewards of their ancestor's foresight.

this is the perception that sinkies have of china today, tt's why i say LKY is right to call sinkies peasants, sinkies really cannot see beyond the horizon. LKy knows that the ang moh will always be one step ahead of the sinkie.

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
when it comes to emigration, sinkies only think abt ang moh lands. to them ang moh lands are world class, developed countries, ang moh lands are like paradise built by the all mighty ang mohs.

during the mid 1800's, when someone told u to migrate to USA, you would be like fuck, who would want to go there, undeveloped, dirty, uncouth people. it only attracted poor irish , and persecuted protestants, but today their descandents are reaping the rewards of their ancestor's foresight.

this is the perception that sinkies have of china today, tt's why i say LKY is right to call sinkies peasants, sinkies really cannot see beyond the horizon. LKy knows that the ang moh will always be one step ahead of the sinkie.

Your statements are not convincing. Sporeans though majority are Chinese, culturally its been evolving to be more westernise. Again, what is so good about China? There's so many social issues, and is still a communist-ruled country. Do u think Sporeans can adapt to the over-the-top chinese culture even if their ancestors are from there? I don't think so. Moreover, a lot of Sporeans(younger generation) are more comfortable converse in English then Mandarin. We don't think Ang mors are more intelligence or superior then us. Its just the land they built and their culture is easier for us to integrate. thus, please get your facts right.

imperialarms

Alfrescian
Loyal
Your statements are not convincing. Sporeans though majority are Chinese, culturally its been evolving to be more westernise. Again, what is so good about China? There's so many social issues, and is still a communist-ruled country. Do u think Sporeans can adapt to the over-the-top chinese culture even if their ancestors are from there? I don't think so. Moreover, a lot of Sporeans(younger generation) are more comfortable converse in English then Mandarin. We don't think Ang mors are more intelligence or superior then us. Its just the land they built and their culture is easier for us to integrate. thus, please get your facts right.

as i said sinkies lack foresight

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

I think LKY parents are also responsible - Because they sent him to UK to study and his family belong to the King's Chinese :biggrin:

He also realise the Singapore is still not the Switzerland of Asia. But it is becoming a Monaco of Asia - and he is the King. :rolleyes:

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Yes , Sporeans will always be behind as long as there are leaders like LKY exploiting them. :rolleyes:

Even in Spore our home turf, we know where we stand as 3rd class citizens,or in the words of the PAP a "lesser mortals".