• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Thai King gets 'Gangnam Style' birthday wishes

hokkien

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
20121129_100914_nation_psy.jpg

The Nation/Asia News Network
Thursday, Nov 29, 2012
THAILAND - Thai fans galloped to the catchy beat of 'Gangnam Style' ahead of an appearance by the hit song's performer Psy at a press conference yesterday at Siam Paragon's Parc Paragon.

The South Korean star also signed his birthday wish to His Majesty the King: "Please be healthy forever, sir!"

Promoting last night's "Gangnam Style Thailand Extra Live" concert in Muang Thong Thani, Psy was interviewed by TV host Wuthithorn "Woody" Milintachinda.

"Sawasdi khrub," said Psy, after being asked if he could speak Thai.

"Fans, can I hear your voices," he then asked in English, and the crowd answered with screams. He didn't seem to be satisfied, though. "Are they fine in English? Their sound is so small."

"How are you today?" he then shouted, and was answered by louder screams. He then said a greeting in Korean: "Han yong ha sae yoo".

"Gangnam Style" recently became the most-watched video on YouTube. It racked up more than 817 million views, 40 million of them from Thailand - the second-largest number of "Gangnam Style" viewers after the US.

"It is kind of strange," Psy said. "Thai fans, they are amazing."

Psy noted that he has visited Thailand before, to attend a concert earlier this year by South Korean superstar Rain. "Six months later, it's my turn to be onstage."

Asked about plans for his next hit, Psy said he is working on an album that's set for release next March. "Actually, I had five albums before 'Gangnam Style', but none of them were a big international hit like this one. So for the new project, I'll not try to beat 'Gangnam Style', but try to be with it."