• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore Pau, Currypuff and Chicken Pie, Beef Pie

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
I know this because my uncle is a hawker and he told me that.

i come from a family of hawkers,
by and large the older generation hawkers are very decent people, they toil and worked hard...
until the open system bidding for hawker stalls and the reits came into existence,
its the reason why the older hawkers disappeared or died and the standard of food dropped like fuck these last 2 decades,
because of the high rentals they find it not worth the while to toil from 5am to 8pm,

cant blame the new generation hawkers who focus mainly on the rentals and the ever increasing prices of ingredients because they need to feed their families, so the attention to taste goes out the window generally

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you guys notice something?
If you buy curry puff and chicken and beef pies, they are quite expensive but inside are mostly all potatoes and you can hardly find pieces of meat!.

Pau price is almost the same or cheaper than chicken pie but at least you can find meat in pau.

May I know why?

I went to Australia for holidays and their chicken and beef pie are really made of chicken and beef and hardly any potatoes.
I already said this few years ago and now it is worst

Baimi

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The curry puff stall in Old Airport HC, curry chicken with potatoes $1.60, sardine also 1.60. Pepper chicken puff selling $1.80.
Pepper chicken insde all chicken, no potato. That's the last time I bought. It was closed for sometime now, overseeing their new branch at Bendemeer HC.

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
The curry puff stall in Old Airport HC, curry chicken with potatoes $1.60, sardine also 1.60. Pepper chicken puff selling $1.80.
Pepper chicken insde all chicken, no potato. That's the last time I bought. It was closed for sometime now, overseeing their new branch at Bendemeer HC.
Inside all chicken ? Wow

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
Do you guys notice something?
If you buy curry puff and chicken and beef pies, they are quite expensive but inside are mostly all potatoes and you can hardly find pieces of meat!.

Pau price is almost the same or cheaper than chicken pie but at least you can find meat in pau.

May I know why?

I went to Australia for holidays and their chicken and beef pie are really made of chicken and beef and hardly any potatoes.
Thaaat ish why local coolie gene bao is j8n Changi Airpok Runway, while AMDk is like 圣女峰

GUDANGARAM

Alfrescian
Loyal
Last week my uncle went to buy sugar cane drinks, he asked for no ice but seller told him, no ice, must pay $1 more. How to sex-plain?