• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Singapore appointed 2 idiots to lead the task force.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence concluded a series of fruitful meetings. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Concluded a series of fruitful meetings with ASEAN Finance Ministers and Central Bank Governors in the historic city of Luang Prabang.
Over the last two days, we discussed how we can work together to foster sustainable and inclusive growth in our region — from enhancing connectivity and payment linkages, to accelerating green transitions.
One thing is clear — no ASEAN country can go it alone to achieve our common goals. It is only by working together that we can realise ASEAN’s full potential.
With our collective efforts, ASEAN will remain a bright spot in the global economy, and bring benefits for all our peoples!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Betty Chua)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to stay united, look out for one another, and move forward as one people. :redface::x3::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
Four years ago on this day, we had the Circuit Breaker.
Looking back at the challenges we faced then, I am reminded of how we had rallied together and emerged stronger.
Today, Covid-19 seems like a bad dream. But let’s never forget what we had been through together. These experiences are a stark reminder of how important it is to stay united, look out for one another, and move forward as one people.
(
1f4f8.png
: Photo credit: MCI /
1f4d6.png
: Featuring "In This Together: Singapore's Covid-19 Story” by The Straits Times)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence visits Berlin and Paris. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Onwards for a visit to Berlin
1f1e9_1f1ea.png
and Paris
1f1eb_1f1f7.png
. Looking forward to fruitful and productive discussions over the next few days, as we build upon the warm and longstanding relations that Singapore has with both countries.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence had dinner with several key German industry leaders. :cool:

Lawrence Wong

12 h ·
Started my first day in Berlin with a call on Federal President Dr Steinmeier (whom I last met in Singapore back in 2022). We had a good exchange of views on how Singapore and Germany can navigate an increasingly complex world, as like-minded countries seeking to strengthen multilateralism and a rules-based world order.
I also had dinner with several key German industry leaders. There is growing interest amongst Germany companies to expand into ASEAN, and to use Singapore as a gateway to the region. There are already more than 2300 Germany companies in Singapore. We welcome the growing German presence and look forward to doing more together as partners.
Bundespräsident Frank-Walter Steinmeier
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Chwee)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wishes his Muslim friends Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! :smile:

Lawrence Wong

2 h ·
Had a short session between meetings (before my Europe trip) to try out the gambus — a string instrument most often heard in traditional Malay music.
My thanks to Azrin Abdullah from Sri Mahligai for your patience in teaching me and for inviting rebana whiz Riduan Zalani to join. I've known Riduan since my days at Ministry of Culture, Community and Youth - MCCY, and it was great having him accompany on percussion.
Here's a Hari Raya classic song — hope you like it. Wishing our Muslim friends a Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri!
Kepada semua umat Islam di Singapura, saya ingin mengucapkan Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri! Semoga sambutan anda tahun ini lebih meriah dan ceria!
1f642.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence enjoyed a wonderful gathering. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
Enjoyed a wonderful gathering with nearly 300 Singaporeans living, working, and studying in Germany.
Thank you for joining us at the reception, and may you keep the Singapore spirit strong wherever you go!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks Germany. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
Thank you, Germany, for the warm hospitality! Had a short but fruitful visit, including good meetings with key German political and industry leaders.
Chancellor Scholz and I have also agreed to upgrading our bilateral relations to a Strategic Partnership. So we look forward to relations continuing on an upward trajectory, and growing even stronger in the years to come!
(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence attended the opening of Temasek’s new office in Paris. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
First day in Paris and attended the opening of Temasek’s new office here. Despite the challenges in the external environment, there remain opportunities to be seized around the world — including in Europe, Middle East and Africa. That’s why Temasek is opening this office in Paris. Institutions like Temasek reflect the Singapore ethos — to work hard and strive for excellence; to connect regions and markets, forge closer partnerships, and invest for the long-term.
(
1f4f8.png
: Photo by Lianhe Zaobao 联合早报)

435007306_973589704126509_7262531150745988021_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence has upgraded his relationship with President Emmanuel Macron. :o-o::confused::roflmao:

Lawrence Wong

9 h ·
Singapore-France relations have reached another milestone — President Emmanuel Macron and I agreed to work towards upgrading our relationship to a Comprehensive Strategic Partnership.
This is testament to the strong bilateral relations between our countries, and our shared commitment to cooperate in both traditional and emerging sectors such as the digital economy — particularly as we look forward to commemorating the 60th anniversary of bilateral relations in 2025.
We also had a frank discussion about the common challenges that Singapore and France face amidst a rapidly changing geopolitical landscape, and how we can harness opportunities for the mutual benefit of our countries. I look forward to meeting President Macron again and continuing the fruitful exchange of views.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Chwee)

437898827_974544467364366_6623111045528182731_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence is honoured. :tongue:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
I am honoured to be asked to undertake this new responsibility as the Prime Minister of Singapore.
I accept this responsibility with humility and a deep sense of duty. I pledge to give you my all in this undertaking.
Together, we can build a future that shines brightly for all Singaporeans.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence thanks fellow Singaporeans in France. :smile:

Lawrence Wong

5 d ·
Wrapped up my visit to Paris, France. Confident that relations between
1f1f8_1f1ec.png
and
1f1eb_1f1f7.png
will keep growing as we strengthen links across various fields. Met with Minister Bruno Le Maire to reaffirm our bilateral cooperation and discuss further partnership opportunities. I look forward to exploring further ways to elevate our Strategic Partnership.
Also had engagements with French business leaders who played no small role in making France the economic hub that it is today.
And had the chance to meet our fellow Singaporeans in France — it was heartwarming to see their tight-knit community and their continued connection to Singapore. Some travelled a long distance to join the gathering! Thank you for flying the flag high for Singapore overseas!
1f1f8_1f1ec.png

(
1f4f8.png

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wishes good health and happiness for you and your loved ones! :tongue:

Lawrence Wong

4 d ·
Today, our Tamil friends celebrate Puthandu; Sikhs observed Vesakhi yesterday; other Indian ethnic communities also celebrate their respective new years during this period.
April brings joyous celebrations from different ethnic groups and religions reflecting the diversity of our society. May the year be filled with good health and happiness for you and your loved ones!
இனிய தமிழ்ப் புத்தாண்டு வாழ்த்துகள்
✨

இந்த இனிய புத்தாண்டில், உங்கள் குடும்பமும் நீங்களும் எல்லா வளமும் நலமும் பெற வாழ்த்துகள்.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by [Top] Betty Chua; [Bottom] Lim Sin Thai)
May be an image of 10 people, temple, dais, hospital and text

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence reconnected with New Zealand Prime Minister Christopher Luxon. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
Reconnected with New Zealand Prime Minister Christopher Luxon, whom I last met in 2022. We discussed plans to elevate the Singapore-New Zealand Enhanced Partnership (EP), as both sides commemorate the 60th anniversary of diplomatic relations in 2025.
New Zealand and Singapore are close and trusted friends. As small open economies, we also share many common perspectives and views on strategic issues. I look forward to expanding our cooperation, and wish PM Luxon a fulfilling visit in Singapore!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Ngau Kai Yan)

438241391_976285660523580_5662421644056269618_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence invites all Singaporeans to join him. :unsure::cautious::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
The upcoming swearing-in ceremony on 15 May is not just for me, but also for a new Cabinet.
For now, there should not be any major changes. The broad shape of the team is in place, and I hope to bring in more new members after the next election.
Meanwhile, I have asked Mr Lee Hsien Loong to continue serving in Cabinet as Senior Minister, and I am glad that he has agreed.
Mr Lee has done much for Singapore, especially over the last 20 years of leading our country. I thank him for his selfless service and lasting contributions to our nation.
For the rest of this term, we have a full agenda: to tackle concerns around jobs and cost of living; provide greater assurance to families, seniors and vulnerable groups; and take concrete steps towards our shared aspirations as part of our #ForwardSG roadmap.
There is much to be done and many opportunities to chart a new way forward for ourselves and our nation. I invite all Singaporeans to join me in this journey — share your ideas and dreams; work with me and my team. Let us build our future together.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Fyrol)
May be an image of ‎9 people, newsroom and ‎text that says ‎ዜማ cna ا٤ গ‎‎‎

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence looks forward to working with all of you. :unsure::cautious::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
A dialogue with some 900 public officers brought back fond memories about my 14 years in the civil service before joining politics.
A public officer's job is challenging, but the impact it has on Singaporeans has profound meaning.
During the dialogue, we discussed the topic of happiness. We are all happier when we realise our aspirations in life. But there is a deeper sense of happiness that is realised when we contribute to a larger purpose and help others succeed.
I found this calling in public service — because the work is all about making life better for our fellow citizens. When I entered politics, I'm doing the same too albeit in a different capacity.
I'm sharing snippets of my journey in public service here. I thank all our public service officers for the commitment and dedication they bring to work each day. Look forward to working with all of you to serve our country and people.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence Wong welcomes Tim Cook to Singapore. :wink::barefoot::biggrin:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
Welcome to Singapore, Tim Cook! We discussed opportunities in Southeast Asia, and the close partnership between Singapore and Apple.
Apple has been in Singapore for more than four decades, with Singapore manufacturing its range of Apple II computers in the 1980s. Over the decades, our partnership has evolved and grown for mutual benefit. Today, Singapore is the base of Apple’s Asia-Pacific operations.
The new Apple campus expansion in Ang Mo Kio will offer many new opportunities for our local talent, businesses and our research and innovation ecosystem. Apple has also just opened Southeast Asia’s first Apple Developer Center here in Singapore which will support the thriving iOS developer and entrepreneur community across the region.
I look forward to a continued strengthening of our partnership in the years ahead.
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photo by Ngau Kai Yan)

437913864_978171117001701_7955998432949681158_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence will do more. :wink:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
We will do more to help our seniors age well.
I visited the seniors at the Care Corner Active Ageing Centre in Toa Payoh. I had previously featured some of their beautiful artwork in my year-end greetings cards, and it was great to be able to thank them in person.
We will build a Singapore where everyone - regardless of age - can learn and stay active. We will provide more support for our seniors - to age well, to age healthily, and to age happily!
(
1f4f8.png
: MCI Photos by Liu Ying)
Care Corner SG Chan Chun Sing

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to embrace our unity, friendship, and cultural diversity! :tongue:

Lawrence Wong

1 d ·
In Singapore, we cherish our multiracial and religious harmony. During Ramadan, we see non-Muslims joining their Muslim friends for buka puasa, and during Hari Raya they too join in the celebrations. The same can be said for other festivals by our different racial and religious groups.
Had a great get-together recently with the Malay Muslim community, religious leaders and colleagues at the Minister’s Hari Raya celebration.
Let's continue to embrace our unity, friendship, and cultural diversity!
Masagos Zulkifli Teo Chee Hean Zaqy Mohamad Assoc Prof Muhammad Faishal Ibrahim Rahayu Mahzam Fahmi Aliman
(
1f4f8.png
: [2, 4-6] MCI Photos by Lim Sin Thai)

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence answers guitar questions. :o-o::confused::tongue:

Lawrence Wong

2 d ·
It is International Guitar Month in April
1f3b8.png
Many of you have asked about when I started learning the guitar, so I’ll try to answer them.

jw5

Loyal
Lawrence wants to embrace lifelong learning together. :tongue:

Lawrence Wong

3 d ·
We hear the concerns amongst older workers about jobs and careers. This is why we launched the new SkillsFuture Level-Up programme in #SGBudget2024
Today, SkillsFuture SG published a list of over 7,000 courses in the SkillsFuture portal — covering a wide range of industries, skills areas and skills levels. Those aged 40 and above will receive a credit top-up of $4,000 in May, to support their skills journey. So, check out the portal and sign up for courses that are relevant to you.
Let's embrace lifelong learning together, find out more at www.myskillsfuture.gov.sg
Ministry of Education, Singapore