• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Please Guess??? Woman tricked 4 Big Name Companies to Hire Her using Forged NTU Degree!

kulgai

Alfrescian
Loyal
That fat fuck should have just stay put in a first job with Marshall Cavendish Education. The company would never have thought of checking on her background after so many years with them.
falsehoods repeated often enough becomes truth. she started to belive she actually had the degree

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
The HR of these companies or talent acquisition company forwarding her CV should also be charged for dereliction of duties.
IMG_20231112_014948.jpg

IMG_20231112_015011.jpg

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don’t understand how these companies do the screening. When I applied for my job, they went through every single fucking company I listed. Called them up, checked the cert.

nabeifuckpap

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don’t understand how these companies do the screening. When I applied for my job, they went through every single fucking company I listed. Called them up, checked the cert.
Their background check company is it that CECA company First Advantage? Is used by Big 4 firms and financial sector Visa Mastercard.
Try applying to those companies that don't do background check and never ask for payslip, takes quite a lot effort to find this type.

True Believer

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also underwent strict background checks by my various employers every time I applied for a management position during my entire work life. Perhaps Fonseka wasn't applying for management positions, so the recruiters weren't as thorough in their screening.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
I also underwent strict background checks by my various employers every time I applied for a management position during my entire work life. Perhaps Fonseka wasn't applying for management positions, so the recruiters weren't as thorough in their screening.
How insecure are you in reality? lol… please la humble brag in here is so pathetic.

borom

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This episode once again confirm my suspicions all along, that people in HR are generally of low caliber and is best at denying staff of their rightful benefits.
The HR managers or recruitment /hiring managers that OK her employment all ought to be sacked

Pinkieslut

Alfrescian
Loyal

NTU dropout’s elaborate deception unveiled: forged degree lands woman in legal hot water​

Coconuts Singapore
Fri, 24 November 2023 at 4:34 am GMT

59d9655ee4796f8ce6a16775a2801f6f

Fonseka Wannerichega Hema Ranjini, a 44-year-old Nanyang Technological University (NTU) dropout, has been convicted of forging a bachelor’s degree in engineering from the prestigious university. Her web of deception spanned over 16 years, during which she successfully cheated at least five reputable companies into hiring her.
Fonseka’s elaborate scheme unfolded in 2005 when she meticulously crafted a counterfeit NTU certificate using a computer program, claiming to have graduated in June 2004 with a third-class honors degree in engineering. Armed with this falsified qualification, she successfully secured positions at prominent companies, including The Walt Disney Company, Marshall Cavendish, and Scholastic Education International.
The court heard that Fonseka’s highest educational attainment was GCE A levels. She enrolled at NTU in 1998 to pursue engineering but dropped out in August 2004, citing academic challenges and financial difficulties.
Over the years, Fonseka managed to infiltrate the job market using the fake certificate, landing roles such as Assistant Managing Editor at Marshall Cavendish and later transitioning to an Acquisition Associate. She then joined Scholastic Education International, where she climbed the ranks from Assistant Managing Editor to Managing Editor before being laid off in 2017 due to unsatisfactory performance. During her tenure at Scholastic, she was paid a total of S$83,800.
In 2021, Fonseka took her deceptive tactics to The Walt Disney Company in Southeast Asia, securing a position as a Learning Editor in the publishing department with a monthly salary of S$6,800 and additional allowances, bringing her total remuneration to S$7,884 per month.
However, her fraudulent activities came to light when Walt Disney, as part of its standard verification process, sent Fonseka’s certificate to be validated by a third-party vendor. NTU confirmed that she did not receive a degree, prompting the company’s human resources department to question her.
Fonseka, in a bid to cover her tracks, claimed that she withdrew from NTU in her final year and obtained a certificate to prove her enrollment. The deception unraveled when an NTU employee lodged a police report in October 2021, leading to Fonseka’s resignation from Walt Disney in December 2021.
The disgraced former employee also managed to secure positions at Cengage Learning Asia and Oxygen Studio Designs in 2018, further amplifying the extent of her fraudulent activities.
Fonseka now faces serious legal consequences, with her sentencing scheduled for Dec. 6. If convicted for cheating, she could be jailed for up to three years and fined. For committing forgery, the potential sentence is up to seven years of imprisonment, in addition to a fine.

birdie69

Alfrescian
Loyal
This episode once again confirm my suspicions all along, that people in HR are generally of low caliber and is best at denying staff of their rightful benefits.
The HR managers or recruitment /hiring managers that OK her employment all ought to be sacked
Many believe this is just a small.tip of the iceberg.
Among the hundreds of thousands of CECA Indians working in Singapore, there are many with forged certificates, but it needs 50 manpower years to look into it the authentication of all their certificates.