• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

OCBC group CEO Helen Wong on fighting a war against customers.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
She must very very tulan ,con by fake ceca with Harvard program only,kana conned,now she is fxxx,where the keling still happily let her carry the shit, all our local bred with IT are sideline by fake keling cert, really salute all these foreigners can talk their way to high way without the capabilities,my company plenty of them,lol

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle as a wise men will not make baseless accusation and leeductions based on just 1 encounter. My uncle had encountered 2x in his numerous course of works and 1x was his friend's workplace. This shows that a big company will choose to protect their own wrongdoings and image when the matter is deemed too great to deal with :sneaky:
Some may wonder why My uncle didn't leeport those incidents?
KNN becas
1. 1st one my uncle had also committed the cbt due to flaws in system :biggrin::eek: KNN but my uncle 见好就收 and down the road more staffs got to know this flaws and many started to commit KNN eventuallee the customers lose money (of course clients weren't aware of it) years later my uncle became part of the committee to raid this cbt but none were arrested becas no polis leeport were made KNN

2. My friend's company case becas my friend was also part of the syndicate playing a minor role and not aware of the full plans and similarlee she 见好就收 :eek: KNN after that she worlee she might be dragged into water so she leesigned KNN final leesult was the same noone was arrested and no polis leeport made KNN

3. 3rd case is my uncle of course won't leeport becas my uncle earn 3.5k just being a orfit ambassador and iron rice bowl what for he break his own bowl KNN :biggrin:

sweetiepie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Some may wonder why My uncle didn't leeport those incidents?
KNN becas
1. 1st one my uncle had also committed the cbt due to flaws in system :biggrin::eek: KNN but my uncle 见好就收 and down the road more staffs got to know this flaws and many started to commit KNN eventuallee the customers lose money (of course clients weren't aware of it) years later my uncle became part of the committee to raid this cbt but none were arrested becas no polis leeport were made KNN

2. My friend's company case becas my friend was also part of the syndicate playing a minor role and not aware of the full plans and similarlee she 见好就收 :eek: KNN after that she worlee she might be dragged into water so she leesigned KNN final leesult was the same noone was arrested and no polis leeport made KNN

3. 3rd case is my uncle of course won't leeport becas my uncle earn 3.5k just being a orfit ambassador and iron rice bowl what for he break his own bowl KNN :biggrin:
Final executive summary from My uncle is all big companies are fucking treating the customers as a sor hai :biggrin: KNN

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Close your OCBC account now! Apparently they knew the phising was going on and yet while they were looking at it, more phising happened right under their noses!

Incompetent is an understatement. I can assume there phising is still continuing
Yes, when caught with their pants down, they said they have started shutting down phishing sites.
Suddenly, all sorts of security stuff happening.
Speaks volumes that (touch wood) DBS and UOB are targetted.

zeddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I have been using Maybank for some 8 years now. In fact I have 2 accounts with them. So far so good. No long queues when going to their walk in branches. They probably have less CECA Kelings working in their banks as compared to OCBC, POSB.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides working to detect and stop the fraudulent transactions, there were staff who spent whole days just trawling through clients’ portfolios to check if there were any suspicious transactions, said Ms Wong, who meets her top management team every day.

Amazing that the CEO dare to highlight the weakness of its IT system; having staff do manual scanning of client's portfolio shows how technologically inadequate it is.

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
My uncle suspect there were insiders and the bank doesn't leelee know what had happened in details hence they choose to leeact in this manner as a closing and wrote off as goodwill to silence it as victim all managed to get their money back and case closed.

definitely got insider mole, if not how these scammers know which account got money?
out of 100 accounts, probably 90 have only $1k in it.....

cow138

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hate all these moral hazard bullshit excuse from the authorities. When we deposit monies into the bank, safety from scams is a given regardless of whose fault it is. Especially when the banks have so much more resources to deal with this

Confuseous

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Besides working to detect and stop the fraudulent transactions, there were staff who spent whole days just trawling through clients’ portfolios to check if there were any suspicious transactions, said Ms Wong, who meets her top management team every day.

Amazing that the CEO dare to highlight the weakness of its IT system; having staff do manual scanning of client's portfolio shows how technologically inadequate it is.
The full page "interview" was a PR-agency generated editorial, and a very poorly done one at that.
If there was a "war" it was because they did all the right things to attract the scammers:

- did not join the SMS scheme offered by the govt
- took laid back effort when the scammers conducted trial runs with small amounts to test the system

kelvin

Alfrescian
Loyal
I had commented before.
Last time you phone, a sweet receptionist answer your call immediately.

Now, you press 1 for England,
2 for LJ,
3 for CB,
4 for KNN,
5 for CCB, Etc....

Why F/ technology downgrading customer services.

Anyway, heng arh, I do not have a/c with

Ho-C-beh-C.

bobby

Alfrescian
Loyal
All these refunds to customers affected are booked as operational losses. At the end of the day, they just pay lesser corporate tax on their profits.

Cottonmouth

Alfrescian
Loyal
big difference between fighting a war “against” customers and fighting a war “for” customers.

Against in the title is correct.
They were negligent with their IT systems, busy fighting a war against customers' complaints, intending to turn a blind eye till they got pressured.