• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Serious NTUC should learn from the Germans on tripartitism

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
VW labour boss says bonuses should be for everyone or no one

WOLFSBURG, Germany - Volkswagen's works council chief Bernd Osterloh said workers and managers alike should be paid a bonus, flatly rejecting the idea that the carmaker's German workforce was inefficient and being paid too much. "We, as the workforce, have always made it clear: either bonuses for nobody, or bonuses for everybody," Osterloh said at a gathering of VW staff at the company's factory in Wolfsburg, Germany on Wednesday.

Osterloh said workers rejected demands by management to make extra concessions to get a bonus, since any such payment should be compensation for work already done last year, rather than as a reward for future efforts.

Osterloh also dismissed criticism by VW brand chief Herbert Diess that Volkswagen's German factories were too expensive and unproductive, and took a swipe at hedge fund TCI, which last week said the carmaker was in need of a performance hike.

"We don't need clever advice from hedge funds that have bought preference shares in a cloak and dagger manner. I can tell them, they are heartily welcome to discuss the matter with the works council face to face," Osterloh said.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If faced with this situation, our NTUC will side with management and force workers to accept management demands. If that doesn't work, the government will step in to scare workers into it. The ministars will cook up all kinds of stories and tell workers that they will be out of a job if they don't do as being told.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
Wasn't Volkswagen caught lying about their emissions lately? The Germans are not as honest as they claim.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Wasn't Volkswagen caught lying about their emissions lately? The Germans are not as honest as they claim.

Mitsubishi Motors lied too. What's new?

Goh Chok Tong promised us Swiss Standard of Living ...we got more people getting 3rd world standard of living.

What's your point?

My point is that we need a true trade union, one that will take on employers and government for the people. Enough of the NTUC bs and the government's version of tripartitism. If the workers are not earning first world income, then tripartitism has failed.

dr.wailing

Alfrescian
Loyal
If faced with this situation, our NTUC will side with management and force workers to accept management demands. If that doesn't work, the government will step in to scare workers into it. The ministars will cook up all kinds of stories and tell workers that they will be out of a job if they don't do as being told.
Totally agree. I wonder why most Sinkies are content with living under such conditions. Come join us in the land of the free where you can live the American dream.

JohnTan

Alfrescian (InfP)
Generous Asset
John Tan I suggest you watch michael moore's 'who to invade next' and see the benefits European workers get.

I did. I was impressed with the kind of food the French served their kids in school. However, fatboy Moore was clearly presenting his facts selectively.

Europe's industrial situation is not as good as what the movie shows. Every year, there will be widespead industrial protests by European workers. Unemployment in Europe is also high.

Besides, the benefits do not come 'free'. It comes from the taxpayers and a lot of it is used to subsidize the underachievers and lazy bums.

Leckmichamarsch

Alfrescian
Loyal
I did. I was impressed with the kind of food the French served their kids in school. However, fatboy Moore was clearly presenting his facts selectively.

Europe's industrial situation is not as good as what the movie shows. Every year, there will be widespead industrial protests by European workers. Unemployment in Europe is also high.

Besides, the benefits do not come 'free'. It comes from the taxpayers and a lot of it is used to subsidize the underachievers and lazy bums.

we oso pay a lot of taxes but I dun see the benefits for workers.......... except free wifi for f trashes soon

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Better the money used to subsidize underachieving lazy bums than to subsidize rich undeserving bums.poor people are easier to satisfy,just a thousand a month will do and some weed,rich elites require millions and hundreds of thousands of bonuses and compensation.it takes 15k a month just to motivate them to do a part time job,that is ineffective and inefficient waste of resources.cheaper better faster is the way to go.lets face it the gini disparity in sg is so huge,the top 10 percent control 60% of the national income.even with taxation and wealth transfer,the poor is going to control less than 2 or 3 percent of the wealth anyway.

winnipegjets

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Like how PAP does it?
The point to make is that workers in Europe have the power to stop exploitation. That's why Europeans have more work/life balance.

]Besides, the benefits do not come 'free'. It comes from the taxpayers and a lot of it is used to subsidize the underachievers and lazy bums.
This is how society should work ...the pooling of funds to enable everyone to live a decent life. There will always be winners and losers but at least, everyone can enjoy at least a middle class existence. This is true respect for human lives.

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal

providing food for kids at school is a noble idea. it takes the burden off the parents for a few hours financially and doing chores feeding them kids. breakfast, lunch and tea should be provided by schools for free.it an incentives for kids to attend to survive.

frenchbriefs

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
providing food for kids at school is a noble idea. it takes the burden off the parents for a few hours financially and doing chores feeding them kids. breakfast, lunch and tea should be provided by schools for free.it an incentives for kids to attend to survive.

chinks dont need any incentives to attend school,its only the poor and the malay's mentality.for chinks its already a competition from day one to get the best grades,the best schools,the best jobs.even without a competition.studying and working hard is in chink's blood.for malays,u have to incentivse them with things like food or survival,i mean if human beings dont need air,food and water to survive,malays would just sit under the coconut tree and rot and ooze into a puddle.