• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

NSF dies after truck reverses into him

R

Red Squadron

Jan 28, 2011

NSF dies after truck reverses into him

By Lai Han-Wei

accidentSaf.jpg

GRAPHIC: ST ONLINE

A FULL-TIME National Serviceman (NSF) was hit and killed by a truck driven by another serviceman in Jurong camp 1 early on Friday morning.

Lance Corporal (LCP) Wee Yong Choon Eugin, a Signal Operator, was about to unload stores from the back of the truck at 7am on Friday morning when it reversed into him.

A Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) medic attended to LCP Wee immediately. At 7.05am, an ambulance was activated to evacuate LCP Wee to the National University Hospital (NUH).

LCP Wee was sent to the hospital at 7.15am and arrived at NUH at about 7.45am. However, he was pronounced dead at 7.59am.

In a statement, the Ministry of Defence (Mindef) and the SAF extended their deepest condolences to the family of the late LCP Wee.

Mindef added that they were assisting the family in their time of grief and were investigating the incident.

R

Red Squadron

NSF dies in in-camp accident

By Julia Ng & wayne Chan |
Posted: 28 January 2011 1301 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"></td> <td align="right" width="240">
phpfvslj4.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"></td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">2 of 2</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" height="15" type="image" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" height="15" type="image" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

</td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td class="update"></td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>
SINGAPORE: A full-time National Serviceman (NSF) has died from an in-camp accident.

A Defence Ministry spokesman said 20-year-old Lance Corporal (LCP) Eugin Wee Yong Choon, a Signal Operator, was hit by a truck driven by another serviceman in Jurong Camp 1 at about 7am on Friday.

LCP Wee was about to unload stores from the back of the truck when it reversed into him.

MINDEF said a Singapore Armed Forces (SAF) medic attended to LCP Wee immediately.

At 7.05am, an ambulance was activated to evacuate LCP Wee to the National University Hospital (NUH).

He was sent to the hospital at 7.15am and arrived at NUH at about 7.45am.

LCP Wee was pronounced dead at 7.59am.

At his home, Wee's distraught father described him as helpful and cheerful.

The oldest of two children, Wee had won many debating awards in school

He had just taken an SAT test last Saturday and had intended to study law at the Singapore Management University (SMU) after his national service.

"My son is a very good boy. He bought me a wallet (on my birthday)... just this December. I still haven't used," said Wee Thiam Chye, the victim's father.

MINDEF said it's still investigating the incident.

It added any action on the serviceman who was behind the wheels of the truck will only be taken after investigations are complete.

"I just want the army camp (to) give me a report, (to) know actually what happened. It's my son. (Was) he standing at the centre or the side? (Why aren't there) any commander behind the three tonner say whether is it clear," said Wee's father.

A similar incident happened at Seletar Camp in 2009.

Then, a motor transport officer died after being pinned down by a land rover.

-CNA/ac/ls