• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Murder trial of 37-year-old Chinese national begins

G

General Veers

<table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="789"><tbody><tr><td colspan="3" height="26">
</td></tr><tr><td valign="top" width="5">
</td><td colspan="2" valign="top" width="784">Murder trial of 37-year-old Chinese national begins
By Leong Wee Keat, TODAY | Posted: 12 January 2010 1429 hrs

SINGAPORE: The murder trial of a Chinese national accused of killing his flat mate and colleague began in the High Court on Tuesday.

Luo Faming, 37, is alleged to have repeatedly stabbed Gong Hui Long, 27, with a 20cm long knife at a Henderson Road flat.

The pair arrived in Singapore from China in February 2007 after being recruited to work in a publishing company.

While they initially shared the same room at the Henderson Road flat, their relations soured over a misunderstanding relating to overtime work in the company.

They stayed in different rooms in the flat from February 2008 and stopped talking to each other.

Six months later, on September 3, they quarrelled over the overtime work that both were assigned to do that evening.

A scuffle ensued, and Luo was "admonished" by his boss from preventing Gong from doing overtime work. Luo left the company's premises after the incident.

The next day, before 6.42am, Luo allegedly took a kitchen knife and stabbed Guo in his bed.

According to the prosecution, Luo continued to stab Mr Guo, even after the latter got up and struggled with the attacker. Luo ran out of the room and flat after a flat mate shouted at him to stop.

After the attack, Luo allegedly attacked his supervisor, Madam Ng Sin Lai, with a hammer and strangled her at his Henderson Industrial Estate workplace.

Ng, 57, lost consciousness and when she woke up, she found the factory on fire.

Luo was subsequently arrested on the roof of the building.

Deputy public prosecutor Amarjit Singh said the Prosecution intends to call 54 witnesses to prove the murder charge.

Three other charges - including an attempted murder - have been stood down for this hearing.

Four witnesses - flat mates of the accused and the deceased - took to the stand.

One of them, Liang Yu Liang, who was sleeping next to Mr Guo, told the Court that he was awakened by loud shouts of "Ah, Ah".

Liang, a Chinese national, saw a bare-bodied male using his left hand to pin down the deceased, whose body was leaning against the wall.

"As it was quite dark, I could not see this person's face but I could see that this person was a bare-bodied male, who was wearing shorts," said Liang, who is working at a restaurant here. "Thinking that they were fighting, I shouted 'enough' several times."

Liang left the room and went to the toilet.

He later saw Luo, who was bare-bodied, leaving the flat. "I then realised that the male person whom I saw attacking the deceased earlier was the accused person," said Liang.

The hearing continues. If convicted of the murder charge, Luo faces a mandatory death sentence.

- TODAY/sc

</td></tr></tbody></table>