• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Mourinho to quit Inter

G

Guile

May 23, 2010
Mourinho to quit Inter

MADRID - MOMENTS after winning the Champions League with Inter Milan, Jose Mourinho said he will probably leave the Italian champions.

Mourinho, tipped to join Real Madrid, told Italian state TV RAI on Saturday: 'I want to become the only coach to win the Champions League with three different clubs (he has now done with Porto and Inter so far). It's more probable that I'll go than stay.'

Mourinho also guided Porto to the Champions League title in 2004, joining Ernst Happel and Ottmar Hitzfeld as the only coaches to win the competition with two different clubs. 'This makes me feel really sad,' Mourinho said. 'I've become part of Inter's history and I don't want to talk about anything else. If I talk about it I'll cry and I don't want to do that.'

Still, Mourinho again addressed his likely move to the Spanish capital. 'I want another challenge in my career and now it's the moment to decide,' he said. 'The important thing for Inter is that (club president Massimo) Moratti and (captain Javier) Zanetti stay.' Mourinho was asked on German television channel SAT1. 'Was this your last game for Inter? 'Yes,' he replied. 'Where are you going, are you going to Real?' 'Yes,' he said.

Mourinho was speaking in English and his interviewer was asking questions in German that were being simultaneously translated for the Inter coach. He then told Italy's Sky TV: 'Only Real have expressed interest in me, but I haven't spoken with anybody and I haven't signed anything. I promised that I would talk after the final. I don't stop when I win, and I've won everything here.' Mourinho also told Sky that the decision was based on his dislike for Italian football. 'There are a lot of things I didn't like,' he said. 'I've been thinking about leaving for three or four months.'

Moratti said it will be sad to see Mourinho leave. 'Certainly, but I'll remain indebted to him because he made us win so much and he gave us the confidence to win at the big level,' Moratti said. 'You can't ask for too much now,' Moratti added. 'We've won the cup and now let's see what happens. Mourinho is someone who is unforgettable, someone who likes to travel the world to show that he wins.' --AP

hairylee

Alfrescian
Loyal
I hoped he does not come to the English Premier League again.
I hate to sit through 1 - 0 matches.

elephanto

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
This fucking Mourinho is fucking unbelievable.

I believe he will be the first Manager to win 3 European Champions League with 3 different clubs (Porto / Inter / likely to be Real Madrid)...

He is still relatively young & will be inducted into UEFA's Hall of Fame for Legendary Managers for sure ....

Between him & Louis Van Gaal, I am glad Jose won rather than that smug fat slob....

M.Bison

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Mourinho to sign for Real Madrid, say reports

Mourinho to sign for Real Madrid, say reports
Posted: 23 May 2010 1837 hrs

phpmTEBHw.jpg

Jose Mourinho

MADRID : Jose Mourinho, fresh from guiding Inter Milan to Champions League glory, will sign a four-year deal with Real Madrid worth 10 million euros a year, Spanish newspapers reported Sunday. AS claimed the Portuguese coach had come to an agreement with Real president Florentino Perez on Friday, the day before Mourinho's Inter Milan side beat Bayern Munich 2-0 in the Champions League final in Madrid.

Marca, which headlined "Real Madrid recruits a champion", said the new coach of the Spanish giants would be unveiled on either Tuesday or Wednesday. The two sports dailies concurred that the length of the contract would be four years, with the former Chelsea coach netting 10 million euros a season.

Some Inter players could also follow Mourinho to Madrid, according to the papers, notably Brazilian right-back Maicon and Argentinian striker Diego Milito, the former Zaragoza player who scored a brace against Bayern on Saturday. Mourinho, who also guided Porto to European glory in 2004, follows Ernst Happel and Ottmar Hitzfeld as a member of the select band of coaches to have won the Champions League with two different clubs.

The Portuguese, who joined Inter two years ago, has also won two Serie A titles and an Italian Cup. And speaking after the Champions League final, he acknowledged to having his eye on making history and confirmed that he would meet Perez on Monday. "I want to be the only coach to win the Champions League with three different clubs," he said. "It's more likely that I will leave rather than stay.

"Only Real are interested in me but I haven't spoken with anyone and I haven't signed anything," said the Portuguese coach, who has delivered Inter's first European title since 1965. "When I win I don't stop and in Italy I have won everything. I've won the Champions League with two clubs and I can do it with three. "There are many things (in Italy) that I haven't liked and for three to four months I've been thinking of going."

He said that only after speaking to Perez will he know if Real can offer him what he wants. "I don't know their project yet, I need to know it first and that's why I can't (yet) say I'm the coach of Madrid," he said.

- AFP /ls

M.Bison

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Real Madrid line up Mourinho as Pellegrini sacked

Real Madrid line up Mourinho as Pellegrini sacked
Posted: 27 May 2010 0155 hrs
<table align="right" border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="260"> <tbody><tr> <td align="right" width="20"></td> <td align="right" width="240">
phpw9ZNa8.jpg
</td> </tr> <tr> <td height="60" valign="top"></td> <td class="update" height="80" valign="top"> <table border="0" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="100%"> <tbody><tr> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="138">Photos </td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="47">1 of 1</td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnPrev" value="<< Previous" onclick="Prev();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_previous.gif" type="image" height="15" width="18"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="19"><input id="bntPlay" value="Play - Stop" onclick="Play()" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_stop.gif" type="image" height="15" width="19"></td> <td bgcolor="#f6f6f6" width="18"><input disabled="disabled" id="btnNext" value=" Next >> " onclick="Next();" src="http://www.channelnewsasia.com/images/butt_next.gif" type="image" height="15" width="18"></td> </tr> </tbody></table>
dotline_240.gif

Jose Mourinho
</td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td class="update"></td> </tr> <tr> <td></td> <td>
</td> </tr> </tbody></table>

MADRID: Real Madrid opened the way for Jose Mourinho to take over as coach after they sacked Manuel Pellegrini on Wednesday. Florentino Perez, president of the Spanish giants, said that a need for change had necessitated the dismissal of the Chilean incumbent and the courting of Mourinho from Inter Milan.

"We have dedicated the last few weeks to analysing and reflecting upon the past season. And we have decided to bring to an end Manuel Pellegrini's time at the club," Perez told a press conference here. "We want to thank him and his team for their hard work, professionalism and conduct.

"The board also agreed to contract Jose Mourinho as the new coach of Real Madrid once his contractual relationship with Inter Milan has been resolved."
Mourinho has long been in Real's cross-hairs, none more so than after he guided Inter to a unique treble this season of the Champions League, Italian league and Italian Cup.

Perez added: "It's not been an easy decision to reach but we're 100 percent behind the need for a change. "We're very happy that Jose Mourinho will be the man to take over the reins of Real Madrid for the coming years - he's won everything possible.

"We want to have the best person in every position out on the pitch and in the dug-out - we want to sign one of the best managers in the game." Italian news agency ANSA earlier reported Mourinho as saying that he was heading off on holidays before going "to work in Spain".

"Now I'm on holidays. Then I'll go to work in Spain," Mourinho said, accompanied by his agent Jorge Mendes, after meeting Inter Milan official Rinaldo Ghelfi, who is in charge of finances at the Italian club. "With Inter it's not yet over, but everything is going well and there are no problems," Mourinho later told journalists.

Asked by journalists: "Is it possible that you'll stay at Milan?" Mourinho replied: "It's impossible." According to media reports, the transfer to Real Madrid will only be completed when Inter are certain of recuperating the 16 million euros stipulated in the get-out clause for the coach whose contract runs until June 2012.

Pellegrini, 56, spent just one season with Real after arriving from Villarreal, ultimately paying the price for again finishing behind Barcelona in La Liga and their round-of-16 exit from the Champions League.

He had one year on his contract to run. - AFP/de