• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

More Australians choosing to move to Singapore

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FOREIGN TALENTS

Published on Nov 28, 2011

ST_IMAGES_P1BLURBS28-TD0.jpg

Singaporean PR Peter Breitkreutz, 45, with his Shanghai-born wife and two sons, who were born here. The Queensland native, a vice-president at Citibank, recently bought a flat in Sengkang and says he has no intentions of returning to Australia. -- PHOTO: COURTESY OF PETER BREITKREUTZ

By Jonathan Pearlman, For The Sunday Times

SYDNEY - As the number of Australians moving abroad surged to record highs in recent years, Singapore has emerged as their fastest-rising destination.

A so-called stampede from Australia saw more than 88,000 departures last year, nearly double the number a decade earlier. About half of those who left were Australian-born.

At the same time, the number of people moving to Australia dropped 9 per cent to 127,458 in the past year, raising the ratio of departures to arrivals to a record level.

BACKGROUND STORY

Aussie departures

AUSTRALIAN long-term departures for Singapore over the past five years:

2006: 4,135
2007: 4,901
2008: 5,431
2009: 6,428
2010: 6,952

Top destinations

Top five destinations for Australians moving abroad last year:

Britain: 15,119
New Zealand: 14,596
The United States: 8,046
Singapore: 6,952
Hong Kong: 6,635

One of the most striking trends has been departures for Singapore, which overtook Hong Kong to become the fourth-biggest destination for Australians last year. Singapore was previously fifth.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Kiwi mate told me, 35,000 NZers ditched to OZ last year, and suddenly the IQ of Australia went up by twice. hahaha
and 14,596 ockers invade the long white cloud ... and NZ IQ went down three times.!!!!

I love this KIWI jokes, they are a lot more polished than the ones here.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
FOREIGN TALENTS

Published on Nov 28, 2011

ST_IMAGES_P1BLURBS28-TD0.jpg

Singaporean PR Peter Breitkreutz, 45, with his Shanghai-born wife and two sons, who were born here. The Queensland native, a vice-president at Citibank, recently bought a flat in Sengkang and says he has no intentions of returning to Australia. -- PHOTO: COURTESY OF PETER BREITKREUTZ

By Jonathan Pearlman, For The Sunday Times

Does anyone know if AussiePete (see his picture above) still read this forum. Is he getting Singapore citizenship or is he treating Singapore like Bali? :wink:

Last edited:

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
singapore medical so ex$ can die cannot fall sick.
of course will return to oz one day
unless his brain too much fried kway tiao until socked

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
There is another thread on this topic.

You are right. There are more and more Singapore PRs with Aussie citizenships who are choosing to leave the city-state once they realise the raw deals they are getting.

The turning point usually comes after a visit to any Singapore hospital, which can easily wipe out the entire retirement fund and put Medishield out of action. A poor chap I know quickly re-join the Australia's private health fund (no extra premium loading for overseas Aussies returning) and had the rest of the surgeries done free over here.

Bupa is the Aussie expat's health insurance choice in Singapore. It used to be called MBF. (need to verify)
I just received my Bupa Corporate Health card to replace MBF.

Last edited:

axe168

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey, what's wrong with Bupa ? I got this card too ! I was formerly with HBA...
There is another thread on this topic.

Bupa is the Aussie expat's health insurance choice in Singapore. It used to be called MBF. (need to verify)
I just received my Bupa Corporate Health card to replace MBF.

xenomorph

Alfrescian
Loyal
look contented to me. peter looks like smooth talker.

later on, sell out the gov flat and move back to australia to retire.

kids can serve ns and bully the local boys while serving.

excellence for singapore, my foot

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
We all know this article is meant to tell Sporeans to stayput in Sg as Oz is the most popular emigration destination of S

IWC2006

Alfrescian
Loyal
We know this article is targeting at would-be Sg migrants to stayput in Spore as oz is the most popular destination of Sporeans.

Well - who cares if more Aussies are moving to Sg, it also meant there are more doors open for migrants.