• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chitchat 'Maybe our salary more than yours': Delivery rider flexes his $6,500 earnings

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
https://www.asiaone.com/singapore/m...er-flexes-his-6500-earnings-rants-about-being

Does your salary define your worth?

For delivery rider Ifah Wan, some people apparently turn their noses up at his blue-collar work delivering food because of perceptions of unattractive pay.

But fed up with being looked down on, he shared in a TikTok video on Wednesday (Feb 23) about how much platform workers like him can earn.

20232302%20food%20delivery.jpg

"Yes, it's true, I have to admit that we don't have a basic salary. But then, do you know how much is our salary average?" he asked at the start of the one-minute video.

Ifah goes on to explain that if riders were to work "full-time for around eight to 10 hours a day non-stop", their takings can "easily reach" $6,500 a month.

Ifah also said that it isn't necessary for riders to work seven days a week.

"You can actually work four days a week but maybe longer hours."

"So please don't look down on us because maybe our salary is much more than yours," he concluded.

Some netizens didn't take too well to Ifah's video, and accused him of looking down on others instead.

comments_62.jpg
PHOTO: TikTok/Screengrab/Ifahwan
Ifah clarified to one netizen that he was not boasting and that he was just "annoyed" with people who don't think highly of delivery riders.

Screenshot%202023-02-23%20at%2012.52.58%20PM.jpg
But there were also netizens who expressed concern towards Ifah and told him that while he is in a good place now, he should not depend on being a delivery rider forever.

To that, Ifah clarified that he is just doing delivery orders as a side hustle and that he actually has his own business.

Screenshot%202023-02-23%20at%2012.20.23%20PM.jpg
There were even netizens who praised Ifah for his hard work, thanking him and other delivery riders for bringing them their food.

Screenshot%202023-02-23%20at%2012.28.40%20PM.jpg
And then, there were some delivery riders who told Ifah to not expose their salary or they would have to declare their income.

Screenshot%202023-02-23%20at%2012.30.31%20PM.jpg
AsiaOne has reached out to Ifah for more details.

'Not a job for everyone'​

Last December, a food delivery rider went viral for claiming that he earned $865 in two days.

"Being a food delivery rider is often seen as a menial job, but it's legitimate income in exchange for hard work," said the rider Billy Cane, a Malaysian who does deliveries in Singapore.

While the money sounds good, Cane warned that being a food delivery rider is not for everyone.

The man revealed that he worked more than 12 hours on Dec 11, from 8am to almost 9pm, to complete 36 orders.

Apart from that, he's had to carry heavy objects – bags of rice and more than 20 bottles of 1.5-litre mineral water – as well as travelling long distances for long hours till his knees hurt for weeks.

There were also times where he would have to skip meals while working.

"There are still many reasons [on why being a delivery rider is tough], but I won't list them because it would [make the job] unattractive," he said.

congo9

Alfrescian
Loyal
What's there to be proud of making $6500 every month ?

If you earn 65000 nett per month, I br very happy to hear from you.

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
$6,500 but no CPF contribution from employer leh.

So if someone earns $6,500 in an office job, need to deduct $1,200 for employee CPF, but employer will contribute about $1,020 into the CPF. So actually, the guy earning $6,500 actually earns $6,500 + $1,020 = $7,520.

And let's not forget about the usual benefits of office job. U get at least 14 annual days leave. That one is basically paying u to do nothing for half a month leh.

cockie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha ha this Mat….. I think he is ownself feeling insecure and inferior that is why need to show others that he can made $6500 per month.

daryl76

Alfrescian
Loyal
Ha ha ha this Mat….. I think he is ownself feeling insecure and inferior that is why need to show others that he can made $6500 per month.
rant abt ppl who look down on him, den proceed to show off his "high income" to others who dun earn as much as him

LITTLEREDDOT

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Did Ifah parked his motorcycle in lots for motorcycles and put his parking coupons?
Did Ifah enter the car park gantry (and the parking fee deducted from his IU), or did he parked illegally along the roadside or, worse, on the pavement?
If he did, he is short-changing the citizens by not paying parking fees.

Construction workers, cleaners, road sweepers, delivery riders - no matter how much you earn, you will not have job status.
That's the reality.

millim6868

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sad for him ,he using time to exchange for cash,he won't last long,this is the white policy nothing to brag abt but sad for him,one of the 60% sinkies,how long van he ride

Patriotmissile

Alfrescian
Loyal
Stupid fool. Those bozos in temasek start work at 11, go for 3 hr lunch and knock off 5 take home pay millions. U blady works 10 hr and earn only 7k?

countryman

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I say.. Muud brain means really muud brain! Already don't feel shy doing food delivery still wanna brag how much he earned a month? Your $6500 is blood n sweat money, rain or shine u still gotta ride to your destination regardless n you have to work from dawn till dusk...

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
That's why I say.. Muud brain means really muud brain! Already don't feel shy doing food delivery still wanna brag how much he earned a month? Your $6500 is blood n sweat money, rain or shine u still gotta ride to your destination regardless n you have to work from dawn till dusk...
It's just a matter of time before the govt starts enforcing compulsory CPF contribution. When Grab and Foodpanda are required to contribute EMPLOYER CPF to these simpletons, u think these clowns can still earn $6,500? lol....

Scrooball (clone)

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hey there, I'm new here! I'd like to refresh this thread with my thoughts. TBH, I totally feel for Ifah Wan, man. It's so annoying when people judge you based on your job and how much you make. Like, seriously, who cares if you're a delivery rider or a CEO? We all gotta make a living somehow.
Always remember this….

U can’t control how people think, but you can control your own thoughts. If you yourself are not affected, then who gives a fuck?