• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Johor govt to seize Malay land from non-Malays

RedsYNWA

Alfrescian
Loyal
The more interesting part to me is the location of the Malay Reserved Land. Have to be extra careful when buying properties near these reserved plots. The case in the news was even the lawyers could not uncover the actual status of the land.

I think the agent got it wrong. This is a freehold land plot, designated as bumi lot. Not Malay Reserved Land plot.

snowbird

Alfrescian
Loyal
Malay Reserved Land and Bumi lot.....what is the different...Im confuse...

Malay Reservation Land is land gazetted and reserved meant for a certain group of people, in this case the Malay indigenous and also to protect these Malay land owners from selling their lands to non Malays.

Bumi lots a percentage of units or lots in a development reserved under the law to be sold to bumiputeras only, usually sold at a discounted price.
If by a certain period of time, the units are still not sold, the developers can apply for conversion of those unsold units to be sold as regular units to the general public.

Narmi

Alfrescian
Loyal
Good luck now if u want to get approval for Bumi lot to change to intl lot. From what I hear its a no go. Hope am wrong and heard wrongly.

Malay Reservation Land is land gazetted and reserved meant for a certain group of people, in this case the Malay indigenous and also to protect these Malay land owners from selling their lands to non Malays.

Bumi lots a percentage of units or lots in a development reserved under the law to be sold to bumiputeras only, usually sold at a discounted price.
If by a certain period of time, the units are still not sold, the developers can apply for conversion of those unsold units to be sold as regular units to the general public.