• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

I wonder how do small shops make money?

SirRichard

Alfrescian
Loyal
I walked past mature estate provision shops selling cheap home DIY items, t shirts, small things like alarm clocks.. all items are just 5-10bucks.. I wonder how many they need to sell just to cover overheads and then turn a profit. Pasar malam also, some sells $1-2 items, is the sales so much that it can cover overheads of $$300- $500 a day?

My question is- are they always profitable or some are barely breaking even? With our high rental cost, it's incredible how they can stay afloat and also make a living out of it.

D

Deleted member 178254

Not all online businesses are guaranteed to be profitable, and some may struggle to break even. However, with careful planning, market research, and effective cost management, many entrepreneurs are able to navigate challenges like high rental costs. Make sure to automate your work https://apix-drive.com/en/blog/events, find innovative solutions, continuously improve your strategy and you will see how fast your business is growing.

Last edited by a moderator:

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
I walked past mature estate provision shops selling cheap home DIY items, t shirts, small things like alarm clocks.. all items are just 5-10bucks.. I wonder how many they need to sell just to cover overheads and then turn a profit. Pasar malam also, some sells $1-2 items, is the sales so much that it can cover overheads of $$300- $500 a day?

My question is- are they always profitable or some are barely breaking even? With our high rental cost, it's incredible how they can stay afloat and also make a living out of it.
Maybe their rents never go up. Like some form of rent control. Or owners not bothered to increase rent.or they inherited the shop.

SBFNews

Alfrescian
Loyal

Some of these shops bought the lease from HDB some time ago.

ftan42

Alfrescian
Loyal
many shops start popping up selling cheap products from tiongkok their profit margin is quite high compared with online purchase

mahjongking

Alfrescian
Loyal
some items selling for $2 costs 30cts....the great big evil is rental in peesai.....some of these shopkeepers owns the shop....just open to pass time, better than go coffeeshop talk cock until fight....