• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Former part-time teacher charged with ill-treating boy

Heaven

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Updated: 01/21/2014 11:14 | By Channel NewsAsia

Former part-time teacher charged with ill-treating boy

72826937498D3361562A28FADB50F0.jpg

SINGAPORE: A former part-time teacher with NTUC My First Skool childcare centre was on Tuesday charged with ill-treatment of a child.

Siti Hadijah Mohamed Sin, 51, is alleged to have ill-treated a boy -- who was then two years old -- by grabbing his upper arms and forcefully heaving him backwards to the floor twice.

This caused the child to suffer a fracture in his left shin.

The alleged incident took place in July last year at the My First Skool childcare centre in Toa Payoh Lorong 4.

Investigations started after a two-minute video clip, taken from the centre's CCTV camera, went viral.

In the clip, a woman believed to be the teacher was seen dragging a boy with force across the floor and pushing him onto the ground.

The clip also showed the child having difficulty standing up after the fall.

Siti Hadijah's lawyer, Mr Satwant Singh, asked the court to adjourn the case so he could take instructions from his client and make representations.

The case will be heard again on February 18.

Siti Hadijah is out on bail of S$5,000.

If found guilty, she faces a jail term of up to four years, and a fine of S$4,000. - CNA/nd

Vermin

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Three weeks' jail for 52-year-old ex-childcare teacher who manhandled two-year-old

Published on Nov 27, 2014 6:19 PM

AL-childcare-2711e.jpg

Siti Hadijah Mohamed Sin, 52, was sentenced to 3 weeks' jail for child abuse at My First Skool Childcare Centre. A former part-time teacher with NTUC My First Skool childcare centre was sentenced to three weeks in jail on Thursday for manhandling a two-year-old boy. -- ST PHOTO: WONG KWAI CHOW

AL-childcare1-2711e.jpg

Screenshot of footage from a security camera at NTUC My First Skool in Toa Payoh, which captured childcare teacher, Siti Hadijah Mohamed Sin (left) grabbing a child by the arm when he ran towards her, before forcing him to sit. -- PHOTO: ST FILE

By Ian Poh

SINGAPORE - A former part-time teacher with NTUC My First Skool childcare centre was sentenced to three weeks in jail on Thursday for manhandling a two-year-old boy.

A video of the abuse, taken from CCTV recordings at the centre in Toa Payoh Central, created widespread outrage after it was posted online last year. Siti Hadijah Mohamed Sin, 52, had grabbed the boy's upper arms and heaved him backwards onto the floor twice. The child suffered a fracture in his left shin.

She pleaded guilty to ill-treating the boy on July 5 last year.

The court heard that Siti Hadijah, who was later sacked, was in charge of a group of 10 children, including the victim. Most of the group had already gathered and were seated for the activity but the boy continued to run around the classroom. Around 9.55am that day, she held the boy by his arm and pulled him to the corner of the classroom. She had to carry the boy to join the group, after he had difficulties standing up.

He was later referred to hospital and was diagnosed with a toddler's fracture, which happens when a twisting force is applied to the lower leg, according to a medical report.

In mitigation, defence counsel Satwant Singh said his client had been stressed and frustrated at the time. The child in this case was hyperactive with a short attention span, he added.

For ill-treating the boy, Siti Hadijah could have been jailed for up to four years and fined up to $4,000.

On July 2 last year - just three days before Siti Hadijah's offence, a primary school teacher forcibly pulled an 11-year-old student with behavioural issues out of class for not following instructions. The teacher, 36, was last week ordered to do 60 hours of community service.