• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

East Coast Plan unveiled

jw5

Loyal
HSK wished Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all his Muslim friends! :thumbsup:

Heng Swee Keat

2 d ·
Selamat Hari Raya Aidilfitri to all our Muslim friends!
Wishing you a warm and blessed Hari Raya, filled with joy, love and prosperity!

jw5

Loyal
HSK had fruitful meetings. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat is in Beijing, China.​

2 d ·
Fruitful meetings in Beijing today.
Pleased to meet PRC Vice Premier of the State Council He Lifeng for the first time. Vice Premier He is familiar with Singapore, having served in Tianjin which is home to our second Government-to-Government project, the Tianjin Eco-City. We had a good discussion on how Singapore and China could deepen economic and financial collaborations amid geopolitical, technological and demographic shifts.
I also met PRC Minister for Science and Technology Yin Hejun. Minister Yin shared about China’s plans to invest in science and technology to drive its next phase of development. We also exchanged views on how we could foster innovation and harness technology to improve the lives of our peoples.
Singapore and China have longstanding collaborations that we should build upon to tackle common challenges like climate change, public health, and ageing, as well as to grow new opportunities for our peoples. Thank you Vice Premier He and Minister Yin for the productive exchanges!

jw5

Loyal
HSK went to Shenzhen. :cool:

Heng Swee Keat is in Shenzhen, China.​

1 d ·
Concluded my visit to Beijing and am now in Shenzhen. I was last here in 2019.
Shenzhen is located within the Greater Bay Area and is home to many innovative companies that are at the cutting edge of technology. I visited several companies and also met with business leaders to learn how they apply research and tap on Shenzhen's ecosystem to drive innovation in areas such as financial services, advanced manufacturing and drug discovery.
Next stop — Hong Kong!

jw5

Loyal
HSK was happy to meet Hong Kong Chief Executive John Lee. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat is in Hong Kong.​

4 h ·
Happy to meet Hong Kong Chief Executive John Lee. We last met during his visit to Singapore in July last year.
As global cities and financial hubs, Singapore and Hong Kong share many similarities and challenges. There is scope for us to do more together in areas of mutual interest such as trade and investment, innovation and research, to address the many issues that are important to our peoples.
I expressed confidence in Hong Kong’s continued development and prosperity under the “One Country, Two Systems” framework. Look forward to keeping up this good momentum of bilateral exchanges and furthering our mutually beneficial cooperation.
Heading home now!

jw5

Loyal
HSK wrapped up a fruitful work trip to Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

2 h ·
Wrapped up a fruitful work trip to Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
As a small open economy Singapore strives to build strong linkages with partners in our region and around the world.
Singapore-China relations are longstanding, underpinned by robust economic cooperation and people-to-people exchanges at all levels.
I look forward to keeping up the good momentum of bilateral exchanges and strengthening our cooperation with China, including at the regional and global levels, for the benefit of all our peoples.

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes the Indian community a joyous and blessed new year. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

9 h ·
A joyous and blessed new year to our Indian community!
Various communities such as the Tamils, Malayalees, Sikhs, Telugus and Bengalis are celebrating the start of their respective new years this week.
The Indian Heritage Centre is holding its annual open house this weekend to celebrate this festive occasion. Learn more about the diversity and richness of Indian culture and traditions through fun activities such as craft activities, Kerala Mural Art Workshop, henna and the Banana Leaf Meal Etiquette Workshop. Do visit if you can!
(MCI Photo by Lim Sin Thai)

436283237_992612505557817_2008107801013536042_n.jpg

jw5

Loyal
HSK is grateful to PM Lee and congratulates DPM Wong. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
PM Lee Hsien Loong has just announced that he will be stepping down on 15 May.
Over the past 20 years, PM has led Singapore with quiet wisdom and a steady hand. We had to navigate many episodes of uncertainty, from the Global Financial Crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic, to today’s fractured geopolitical environment.
Under PM’s leadership, we cared for Singaporeans while making investments and building capabilities to position Singapore well for the future. Today, Singapore stands out as a beacon of openness and collaboration amid a more reticent global environment. At a time when societies are growing more fragmented, Singaporeans continue to be optimistic about the future, and come together to enlarge our common space and build a cohesive society.
I am grateful to have benefitted from PM’s guidance and wisdom over the past decade, especially during the COVID-19 crisis when we made the decision to seek President’s approval to tap on past reserves to save lives and livelihoods. It always reminds me of our responsibility to steward Singapore well for future generations, and keep Singapore shining for a long time to come. Thank you, PM, for your selfless dedication and service.
My heartiest congratulations to Lawrence Wong. You have my full support and I am confident that Singapore and Singaporeans will continue to thrive under your leadership.
May be an image of 4 people and text

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSK had fruitful meetings. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat is in Beijing, China.​

2 d ·
Fruitful meetings in Beijing today.
Pleased to meet PRC Vice Premier of the State Council He Lifeng for the first time. Vice Premier He is familiar with Singapore, having served in Tianjin which is home to our second Government-to-Government project, the Tianjin Eco-City. We had a good discussion on how Singapore and China could deepen economic and financial collaborations amid geopolitical, technological and demographic shifts.
I also met PRC Minister for Science and Technology Yin Hejun. Minister Yin shared about China’s plans to invest in science and technology to drive its next phase of development. We also exchanged views on how we could foster innovation and harness technology to improve the lives of our peoples.
Singapore and China have longstanding collaborations that we should build upon to tackle common challenges like climate change, public health, and ageing, as well as to grow new opportunities for our peoples. Thank you Vice Premier He and Minister Yin for the productive exchanges!

The standing distance between the 2 men show they are really really close friends

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSK wrapped up a fruitful work trip to Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

2 h ·
Wrapped up a fruitful work trip to Beijing, Shenzhen and Hong Kong.
As a small open economy Singapore strives to build strong linkages with partners in our region and around the world.
Singapore-China relations are longstanding, underpinned by robust economic cooperation and people-to-people exchanges at all levels.
I look forward to keeping up the good momentum of bilateral exchanges and strengthening our cooperation with China, including at the regional and global levels, for the benefit of all our peoples.

OMG....whu no public forum for Mr Heng to share his world view?

k1976

Alfrescian
Loyal
HSK is grateful to PM Lee and congratulates DPM Wong. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
PM Lee Hsien Loong has just announced that he will be stepping down on 15 May.
Over the past 20 years, PM has led Singapore with quiet wisdom and a steady hand. We had to navigate many episodes of uncertainty, from the Global Financial Crisis and the COVID-19 pandemic, to today’s fractured geopolitical environment.
Under PM’s leadership, we cared for Singaporeans while making investments and building capabilities to position Singapore well for the future. Today, Singapore stands out as a beacon of openness and collaboration amid a more reticent global environment. At a time when societies are growing more fragmented, Singaporeans continue to be optimistic about the future, and come together to enlarge our common space and build a cohesive society.
I am grateful to have benefitted from PM’s guidance and wisdom over the past decade, especially during the COVID-19 crisis when we made the decision to seek President’s approval to tap on past reserves to save lives and livelihoods. It always reminds me of our responsibility to steward Singapore well for future generations, and keep Singapore shining for a long time to come. Thank you, PM, for your selfless dedication and service.
My heartiest congratulations to Lawrence Wong. You have my full support and I am confident that Singapore and Singaporeans will continue to thrive under your leadership.
May be an image of 4 people and text
They seem to be looking at differently....

jw5

Loyal
HSK thanks dedicated community gardeners. :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

4 d ·
Can you guess what these fruits are?
Our avid gardening enthusiasts and volunteers at Bedok Orchid RC have nurtured a diverse range of fruits, vegetables and florals in their Community Garden.
1f33b.png

Thank you to our dedicated community gardeners for cultivating our green spaces and making our neighbourhood beautiful.
#GreenEastCoast

jw5

Loyal
HSK joined a meaningful charity dinner. :wink:

Heng Swee Keat

9 h ·
Singapore is an urban island nation, yet we are also home to a myriad of animal species. From our boisterous urban otters to the endangered straw-headed bulbuls, we have worked hard over generations to safeguard our biodiversity and conserve our natural heritage.
WWF-Singapore has been making good contributions over the years to raise awareness of, and mobilise action around sustainability, climate and biodiversity. I joined them for a meaningful charity dinner last Friday, to thank partners and donors for their support, and to reaffirm our shared commitment to protect our flora and fauna, especially endangered animals and their habitats.
Sustainable development is part of Singapore’s DNA. Through thoughtful policies and strong partnerships across the public, private and people sectors, we are transforming our Garden City into a City in Nature. As the climate challenge grows more urgent, we will continue to do our part to build a greener and more sustainable world where people and nature live in harmony.

jw5

Loyal
HSK wishes everyone Happy Earth Day! :smile:

Heng Swee Keat

1 d ·
Happy Earth Day!
1f30e.png

Dropped by the “Be an Earth Hero” event organised by Victoria Junior College’s Interact Club students at Bedok CC over the weekend. They guided our young residents on using green and recycled materials to create art and useful items, and also used fun quizzes to share more about building eco-conscious habits.
Heartened to see our youth passionate about environmental sustainability and contributing creative ideas to the green cause — our planet will be in good hands! Let us all do our part to care for the environment, build a #GreenEastCoast and a more sustainable world for all.
We Love Bedok
Bedok Youth Network

jw5

Loyal
HSK spent a purr-fectly delightful afternoon art jamming and making pet toys with Bedok residents and feline friends!
1f431.png
:biggrin:

Heng Swee Keat

3 d ·
Spent a purr-fectly delightful afternoon art jamming and making pet toys with Bedok residents and feline friends!
1f431.png

Cats are known to reduce stress and uplift moods. Our residents enjoyed a variety of feline-related activities, from an art jamming session with Wildflower Studio SG, whose founders are passionate about rehoming cats, to a cat therapy session for seniors from Thye Hua Kuan Senior Care Centre. Our residents also got to meet the adorable cats from Meownistry Of Meow, a co-working space which cares for rescued cats until they find their fur-ever homes.
Heartwarming to see so many passionate cat-lovers, especially Natalie, our community intern, come together to organise this event and spread joy among our residents. Thank you for organising this paw-sitively wholesome event, I’m sure everyone's stress had meow-lted away!
1f43e.png

Bedok Youth Network
#CaringEastCoast
#VibrantEastCoast