• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Deadly floods in China

C

Cao Pi

r

A flood victim rows himself in a wooden bucket out of his flooded house on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province, China June 21, 2010.

r

Local flood victims sit in a rescue boat as they head towards a temporary shelter after being evacuated from flooded homes in the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

r

Villagers use nets to fish after floods on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province, June 21, 2010.

r

A man carries his child as he steps outside his flooded house on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

C

Cao Pi

r

A local flood victim stands waist-deep in water in front of a building destroyed by floods on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

r

Local flood victims move a table from their flooded homes to a dry storage area, travelling via wooden buckets in a flooded village on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

r

A local flood victim talks to his neighbor along a flooded street on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

r

A local flood victim rows himself out of his flooded house in a wooden bucket on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

C

Cao Pi

r

A local flood victim pushes his bicycle along a flooded street on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

r

Half-built tent houses are lifted by cranes to prevent them from being swept away by flood waters on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province,
June 21, 2010.

r

A local flood victim walks along a flooded street on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

r

A local flood victim walks along a flooded street on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

C

Cao Pi

r

Villagers collect dead livestock which were killed by flood waters on the outskirts of Yingtan, Jiangxi province, June 21, 2010.

r

A view of a bridge that has been damaged by flood waters in Yujiang County, Jiangxi province June 21, 2010.

r

Rescuers use a lifeboat to search for stranded people in flooded areas in Yingtan county, Jiangxi province June 20, 2010.

r

A villager looks at a bridge, which has been damaged by flood waters in Yujiang County, Jiangxi province June 20, 2010.

C

Cao Pi

r

A road damaged by floods is seen in Yujiang county, Jiangxi province June 20, 2010.

r

A car is driven through a flooded street in Yingtan, Jiangxi province, June 19, 2010.

r

A resident looks on as he squats in the debris of his collapsed house which is destroyed by a landslide in Taolin village, Chun'an County,
Zhejiang province June 18, 2010.

r

A resident makes his way along a flooded street in Chongqing municipality June 19, 2010.

C

Cao Pi

r

A resident passes a submerged stranded truck at a residential area in Chongqing municipality June 19, 2010.

r

Residents look at an overflowing river at Xiqin town of Nanping, Fujian province, June 14, 2010.

r

Residents walk on a bridge over an overflowing river at Xiqin town of Nanping, Fujian province, June 14, 2010.

r

A worker stands on a flooded road (on the left of guardrails) near Minjiang River in Fuzhou, Fujian province, June 20, 2010.

T

Tadakatsu Honda

15.jpg

A local flood victim rides on his ox along a flooded street in Fuzhou, Jiangxi province, June 23, 2010. The Changkai Dyke in southern China's Jiangxi province suffered a fresh breach as the Fu River punched through the embankment again on Wednesday, after an earlier break in its wall on Monday forced nearly 100,000 residents to flee as heavy rains swelled rivers and dams across the region. -- PHOTO: REUTERS

town-flooded_1664685i.jpg

Weather forecasters have warned of a fresh onslaught of downpours across southern China, which has already been battered by floods and landslides that have killed more than 200 people. The disaster, which has hit 10 provinces or regions, has caused an estimated 43 billion yuan (more than four billion pounds) of economic losses and displaced 2.4 million people

lots-of-boats_1664651i.jpg

Thousands of soldiers have been dispatched to flood-hit areas to help in rescue and evacuation work. Troops have been seen struggling up soaked hills with food supplies to help residents stuck in their villages and carrying rowing boats to areas submerged in brown, muddy water

china-dike_1664266i.jpg

In the hard-hit province of Jiangxi, authorities have carried out a large-scale evacuation after a dyke breach on the Fuhe river flooded a large swathe of land including some towns.

T

Tadakatsu Honda

sludge-steps_1664668i.jpg

People clear the silt left by the flood out of their homes

http://i.telegraph.co.uk/telegraph/multimedia/archive/01664/m&d-in-house_1664645i.jpg

Residents clean up silt left after the flood

pigs_1664708i.jpg

A Chinese farmer stands with his pigs on a roof top as floodwater surrounds his house in Luozhen township

amn-rowing_1664641i.jpg

A flood victim rows a boat on a flooded street in Fuzhou

T

Tadakatsu Honda

police-and-childre_1664678i.jpg

Rescuers carry a child as they evacuate people from the flooded Changkai township

roof_1664655i.jpg

Families gather on the upper floor of their flooded home in Fuzhou

kinded-handed-down_1664638i.jpg

Rescuers help lower a young child to their boat as they evacuate villagers from their flooded homes

child-rescued_1664649i.jpg

Firefighters transfer a little boy to safe place

T

Tadakatsu Honda

baby-window_1664670i.jpg

Rescue workers help trapped children out of a flooded house in Changkai township

gymnasium_1664628i.jpg

Evacuees spend the night at a gymnasium

children-in-stadiu_1664642i.jpg

Girls play inside a stadium used to house flood victims in Fuzhou

child-school-sleep_1664636i.jpg

Families rest in a classroom used as a flood relief centre, in Fuzhou

T

Tadakatsu Honda

evacuees-truck_1664672i.jpg

Villagers are evacuated to safer areas

kids-on-roof_1664666i.jpg

Two boys on a building look at a boat loaded with residents during evacuation in Fuzhou

man-and-woman_1664630i.jpg

A man carries his wife on a flooded street in Fuzhou

man-with-child_1664633i.jpg

A man calls out to a rescue boat while holding on to his child on a flooded street in Fuzhou

T

Tadakatsu Honda

people-on-roof_1664658i.jpg

A family camps out on the roof of their flooded home in Fuzhou

faft_1664703i.jpg

A man uses an improvised raft to travel down a flooded street

canoe_1664706i.jpg

Residents use a boat to move to a safer area

men-on-raft_1664713i.jpg

People paddle a makeshift raft

T

Tadakatsu Honda