• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Couple lose $1.3 million in scam

Hysteria

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Couple lose $1.3 million in scam

August 12, 2013 - 12:30am

By: Andre Joseph Theng

01b720cd.jpg

TNP PICTURE: Andre Joseph Theng

For several months, housewife Monica Garg (above) could only watch helplessly as 405,000 euros (S$680,000) in her bank account lay stuck, promised to a scammer overseas.

And late last month, her worst fears were realised as the money was finally siphoned off.

That amount was just half of the amount Mrs Garg, a Singaporean PR from India, claims she and her husband lost in a scam to a West African businessman.

The money, totalling 805,000 euros, is the couple’s life savings.

Mr Garg said: “I don’t know what to do now. Losing the money is like losing my children. It was my first time, and probably my last time, to ever invest my money.”

She hopes that others would not follow her example and be lured by the promise of high returns.

“I want to tell them that whatever looks lucrative may not be so. The pain of losing is much more than the happiness of gaining,” she said.