• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Common lies Christians tell that are ABSOLUTELY FALSE!

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
These lies range from the myth that Einstein was a theist, to the claim that there is conclusive evidence for Jesus’ existence. I had to make this page so that I could collect some common lies told and present the truth behind the matter. There are hundreds of things I feel compelled to discuss but I shall limit it to a top five list. The top five lies Christian’s tell:Darwin recanted on his deathbed. This is completely fabricated and has no foundation in truth whatsoever. A woman named “Lady Hope” spoke to a church group shortly after the death of Charles Darwin. She claimed that she was at Darwin’s bedside on the day of his death. She also claimed that Darwin recanted on evolution and accepted Jesus on his deathbed. Her claims are not only unsupported, but are directly opposed by Darwin’s daughter, Henrietta. Henrietta stated “I was present at his deathbed, Lady Hope was not present during his last illness, or any illness. I believe he never even saw her, but in any case she had no influence over him in any department of thought or belief. My father never recanted any of his scientific views, either then or earlier. I am upset that the U.S. Christians have fabricated this conversion nonsense. The whole story has no foundation whatever.” February 23, 1922.

Evolution has been proven false (is only a theory). Evolution can be divided into two parts, macro and micro. Micro evolution is a fact, where as macro evolution remains a theory due to debates on the exact steps of the evolutionary process. EVOLUTION DID HAPPEN we simply can’t trace the exact evolutionary steps of the of the 3 trillion plus species on earth. Considering there is no way that we can even prove if we have located all the species on earth, this may always remain a theory. We can prove though, beyond a doubt, that humans have evolved. We can trace it back conclusively 3.6 million years. 97% of all scientists accept evolution (so does the Catholic Church). Christians have spread lies about this excessively, they especially like to say evolution preaches that Humans evolved from monkeys. Evolution does not state that humans evolved from monkeys, that idea is completely absurd. Science states that monkeys and humans evolved from a shared forefather and are hence relatives, (all primates are) but we are in no way direct descendants of them.

Atheists have no morals.
All one has to do is take a look at the American prison system. Nearly 76% of violent criminals are Christian and NO, most of these Christians did not convert after conviction, they were Christian at the time of the crime. The greatest genocides in human history stemmed from the Christian faith. If you examine secular societies in comparison to religious societies; secular societies will consistently have less crime, unemployment, corruption and more freedom, share of wealth and a higher standard of living. Nearly EVERY single advancement towards morality (I.E: ceasing native genocide, freeing the slaves and women’s suffrage) was OPPOSED by the church and Christian organizations.

This United States is a country founded on Christianity.
This is the biggest sack of horse shit and only an EXTREME MORON would believe something this retarded. The VERY FIRST AMENDMENT of the constitution is based on the Separation of church and state. The paramount reason why the forefathers came to this country was for religious freedom. They listed it as their top goal in forming America. Matter of fact most of the fore fathers weren’t even Christian, but deist, atheist and agnostic. I could site thousands of quotes which piss on this lie from Washington, Franklin, Jefferson, Paine, etc. but I shouldn’t need to, considering the reading of the constitution is a 4th grade curriculum requirement.

There are no atheists in foxholes. I hear this one on a weekly basis and it never ceases to amuse/disgust me. One third of the world’s population does not believe in a deity. The largest concentration of free thinkers is found in Asia, which participated in each world war and have been feuding over territory with the surrounding regions for thousands of years (especially Japan and China). My father is an atheist and served during the Berlin Crisis. I am an atheist and though I wasn’t in a fox hole, I faced death while giving birth and I tell you that the thought about God NEVER crossed my mind when I heard my condition could be fatal. I have had the privilege to meet hundreds of atheists who served in WW2 and Vietnam, each of whom sat in fox holes.

For more information about atheists in the military see the Military Association of Atheists and Freethinkers website.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Of course depends on which society you live in you tend to acquire the predominant religion.

It's inherited. Doesn't mean if a person is a Catholic or Protestant he goes to church regularly.

I was a non practicing Buddhist for dunno how man donkey years until I changed it to Christianity.

sochi2014

Alfrescian
Loyal
Oh Shit!

Evolution: Not Even a Theory
Although some Christians have attacked evolution as “just a theory,” that would be raising Darwin’s idea to a level it doesn’t deserve.

4 Power Questions to Ask an Evolutionist
Do you struggle to find an appropriate response to the proponents of evolution? In this presentation, Mike Riddle equips you to turn the tables by asking your evolutionist friends four simple—yet powerful—questions. Learn more.
A theory has its genesis in a hypothesis, which is a working assumption as to why we observe something—an educated guess. To test this assumption, scientists conduct experiments that either disprove or correlate with the hypothesis.

Over time, if a hypothesis continues to stand up to scrutiny and many different experiments, the scientific community may begin referring to it as a “theory.” In essence, this means that because the hypothesis has not been disproved over many years and no other known hypothesis works, then we can be reasonably sure that it’s accurate.

Theories, however, are not imperishable. If new technology allows better experimentation, for example, a theory may need to be discarded. (See Louis Pasteur’s Views on Creation, Evolution, and the Genesis of Germs).

Where Evolution Falls Short
Two problems prevent anyone from legitimately calling evolution a theory. First, there’s no direct, observable experiment that can ever be performed. Scientists can measure bones, study mutations, decode DNA, and notice similarities in morphology (the form and structure of animals and plants), but they can never test evolutionary events in the past.

Some point to natural selection as a form of “evolution in action,” but natural selection can only act upon the genetic potential that already exists. What we do observe from natural selection fits perfectly with a recent creation and does not point to common descent.

Secondly, and related to the above, evolution misses the mark as a theory because all the supposed “tests” to confirm Darwinism do not necessarily and distinctively correspond to the idea. In other words, each has an alternate and equally viable explanation. A theory requires that the confirming experiments correspond to one specific hypothesis. Otherwise, the experiment cannot establish legitimacy. Evolution has no such legitimacy.

So What Is It?
Free online book: Evolution Exposed: Biology
Check out this free online book that reveals and refutes every instance of evolution in America’s most popular biology textbooks, or purchase a copy.
Evolution, at its core, is a necessary requirement of naturalism. Since naturalists cannot allow a higher power, they must rely on a form of spontaneous generation and the unguided development of life. Either someone or something created, or nature created itself.

Because naturalism depends on this assumption, evolution artificially carries the weight of a theory for naturalists—without meeting the requirements. Evolution has been grafted in simply out of the desire to deny the Creator or to deny His power and authority.

No Need for a Theory of Origins
Ultimately, we have no need for a theory about the origin of life and the universe. God, our Creator, gave us a perfect, factual account of how and when He created, and how humanity came to be. While we can—and should—study His universe, He graciously provided the proper framework to truly understand—the Bible.

Evolutionary ideas are simply one way in which humans seek to deny God’s authority. In fact, all of us are guilty of this; all of us have rebelled from Him and deserve death. But because of His great love, God provided a means of being rescued through His Son, Jesus Christ, so that we may be made right with Him again (see The Gospel of Jesus Christ).

Don’t Just Wonder—Get Answers
Is Evolution a Religion?
Why Orthodox Darwinism Demands Atheism

syed putra

Alfrescian
Loyal
there is some truth in this.
PAP- Singapore- secular, becomes a rich country.
other ASEAN countries - Muslims, buddhist, christians, communist (considered a religion also)- all struggling to become rich country.

drifteri

Alfrescian
Loyal
5 Lies Christians Believe

There are hundreds of lies Christians believe, either collectively or individually.

1. We are invincible

“I can do all things through Christ who strengthens me” and “All things are possible” have become a mantra for this generation, they fill us will an enthusiasm and fearlessness that makes us believe we can overcome everything and anything; yet so often believers will go into situations unprepared, naive and without the proper skills or spiritual authority to do God’s work.

Young people and those mature in their faith come of out these situations feeling flat, discouraged and somewhat disappointed in God. Why didn’t He make the impossible happen? Why didn’t he protect his people from the very evil they were crusading against?

As Christians, we have been given the commission to go to the lost and serve them, but we are still human. The infilling of the Spirit mixed with a maturity and accountability can help us assess what situations we have been asked to minister in. But we must remember, it is not us who are invincible, it is Christ.

2. We must always say “yes”

It can almost be guaranteed that every Sunday the preacher will emphasize the need for the Church (otherwise code for you) to serve others. This means picking up the reins and leading or helping with some ministry. Whether it is the plea of the Youth Pastor as they need more leaders or the harried looking volunteers in the kitchen preparing morning tea, the Church will always need people to say “Yes.”

As Christians, we feel it is our duty to do everything possible to help the Church and thus save the world. However too many yes’s can lead to burnout, stress and bitterness.

Be a servant and say yes, but be selective. If saying “Yes” to the Church is a “no” to your family or health, you may need to re-evaluate your time.

3. Success is measured by numbers

The number of salvations, church campuses, members or even weekly tithe can so often dictate what we and society view as a ‘successful’ church. Yet who is to say that the home church made of 10 people down the road is less fruitful than the multimillion dollar mega church on the hill?

Imagine if Christians began to measure success by looking at the evidence of Christ within the church community and how this translates to wider society instead of weighing the offering bags so their “cup runeth over.” In some ways, it seems Christians have begun to measure success in worldly variables rather than through the eyes of Christ. Wasn’t it He who said, “The last shall be first”?

4. The Pastor is always right

Even as Christians we have a tendency to place people on pedestals and hear their words as gospel. A pastor and church leadership have been placed in such a position by the authority of God and, as a congregation, we therefore need to respect them as the heads of the church.

We must face the fact that even though we love God and earnestly desire to please Him, we will make mistakes.

But isn’t this a little awkward when they start preaching things out of doctrine? And what if they are behaving is some ways that aren’t quite Biblical? It is wise to respect your Pastor and church leadership, but it is also your responsibility to have an awareness of God and His word that will trigger if something isn’t right. Leaders are people too, and they will inevitably fail us. If we have a genuine relationship with Christ and are continually growing in Him, we are able to discern what is of Him and what is human.

5. We must be perfect

Somewhere along the line, Christians have translated Paul’s desire to aim for perfection into an obligation for all believers. The fact that we all began as sinners is shameful and sits at the recess of our memories, so we instead strive to do everything perfectly for Christ and, in the process, we aim to look good, feel good and appear holy to the people around us.

The fact is, once we have accepted Christ as our savior we are blameless in God’s sight; but we are still flesh, and we will struggle with the temptations and weaknesses of the world. We must face the fact that even though we love God and earnestly desire to please Him, we will make mistakes. Forgive yourself and those around you; it is the heart that seeks to do God’s will that defines your worth, not the opinion of the church congregation.