• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Chinese news on opposition parties

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The thing is SDP will never get rid of Chee as he is the larger than life character around eventhough SDP is worse off under Chee...At first I thought SDP got hope with the likes of Vincent and Tan Jee Say...but Vincent has self destructed and Tan Jee Say has his own agenda,,,so basically SDP will not gain wide spread appeal,,but if WP continue remaining quiet...than SDP will eat into WP votes,,,so WP better buck up,,

If SDP does eat into WP votes, it is because they have now become moderate after seeing WP's success in 2011. Hence you are likely to get the same as WP if SDP wins some seats.

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
If SDP becomes more moderate,,,there is no reason to vote them,,might as well vote WP and dont spoil the vote....SDP will eat into WP votes if it can prove that they are more anti pap but with logic,,like Tan Jee Say...to be honest,...TJS was anti pap,,but his comments etc makes alot of sense...CSJ to me is more like a mad barking dog,,being anti pap for the sake of it and he set back the opposition agenda for decades,,,his latest stunt with regards to the Punggol East BE nearly derailed the opposition again....

If SDP does eat into WP votes, it is because they have now become moderate after seeing WP's success in 2011. Hence you are likely to get the same as WP if SDP wins some seats.

tanwahp

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
I attended the rallies where GMS spoke both in 2006 under WP and 2011 under NSP. Actually not too bad. The opposition needs all the candidates they can get.

I don't just look at speeches. Even Harbans gave good speeches.

steffychun

Alfrescian
Loyal
What distinguishes DPP from the other newbie parties? Or is it another stumbling block for multi-corner fights?