• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Australia/New Zealand: China's hope

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
China has done its maths. For the next 40 years, the Oceania region will still be booming (there will be ups and downs, but the potential is there).

This Oceania region will be even more the darling of Chinese migration and investment.

For over a year, there have been a lot of Chinese attention ever since the planning and recent roll-out of the new visa for rich migrant in Australia.

Also, the amount of investment into OZ/NZ & Pacific islands to secure China's food bowl and make the Oceania the playground of the Chinese.

There will be more unlocking of potentials as Chinese money meets under-used assets.

Europe and North America are projected to be in decline.
Africa is conquered.
So, not much choice left.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Hi Neddy,
have you seen this, speech by Chris Patten. Skip to 29:30 where it talks about Europe, and the world don't want China to do badly, China doing badly is going to affect the whole world!

[video=youtube;_JNt6KoS3vI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_JNt6KoS3vI[/video]

Jah_rastafar_I

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yup for those that trade in forex they will learn that the Aussie dollar is very closely aligned with China's economy

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Neddy,
have you seen this, speech by Chris Patten. Skip to 29:30 where it talks about Europe, and the world don't want China to do badly, China doing badly is going to affect the whole world!

Yes. I just did, and it is interesting to see if it is Somebody Elses' Century.

Yup for those that trade in forex they will learn that the Aussie dollar is very closely aligned with China's economy

The Aussie$ has reached Reserved currency status, and is set to replace the JPY within the next decade because the scary Japan debt would have reached a stratospheric 280% of GDP.

The Swiss National Bank has been in private negotiation with RBA to buy more AUD despite the 25bp cut in interest rates! Good news for Ash007.

But in the next couple of years, Oz economy will be sinking during the transition from a resource boom.

SouthWest WA property prices have fallen to the pre-boom 2006 levels.

A worry sign for USA is how its recent ideas in the summits have been ignored by the Asia Pacific region, including OZ and NZ.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes. I just did, and it is interesting to see if it is Somebody Elses' Century.

The Aussie$ has reached Reserved currency status, and is set to replace the JPY within the next decade because the scary Japan debt would have reached a stratospheric 280% of GDP.

The Swiss National Bank has been in private negotiation with RBA to buy more AUD despite the 25bp cut in interest rates! Good news for Ash007.

But in the next couple of years, Oz economy will be sinking during the transition from a resource boom.

SouthWest WA property prices have fallen to the pre-boom 2006 levels.

A worry sign for USA is how its recent ideas in the summits have been ignored by the Asia Pacific region, including OZ and NZ.

Indeed, looks like my timing was "spot-on" in a decline in interest rate. Have you heard of the CASSH acronym? Canada, Australia, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong. Looks like some funds managers are actually pushing for this versus the BRICS. Things will slow down here, lets hope it doesn't get too bad, days of 10-20-50% rise in property value is over, you'll be lucky if it meets inflation rate.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Indeed, looks like my timing was "spot-on" in a decline in interest rate. Have you heard of the CASSH acronym? Canada, Australia, Switzerland, Singapore, Hong Kong. Looks like some funds managers are actually pushing for this versus the BRICS. Things will slow down here, lets hope it doesn't get too bad, days of 10-20-50% rise in property value is over, you'll be lucky if it meets inflation rate.

I put up this post, in a way, which happen to be in a way, explains how some people got wealthy - they got lucky catching the "productivity" wind generated by discoveries, inventions and social changes.

Eg Women in OZ workforce add a one-time spike in productivity gain, which led to houses prices spurt because with double income, and same supply of houses, prices went up.

West running out of ideas to fire up productivity
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?135449-Has-the-world-reached-the-limits-of-economic-growth

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Yes, and the beginning of the so called "dual income" trap of the middle class. I hope more people realised this and eventually ends this bringing the housing prices down to more sustainable levels. Already, the Gen-Ys are complaining about their parents hoarding onto properties that they won't have a chance to ever get into.

I put up this post, in a way, which happen to be in a way, explains how some people got wealthy - they got lucky catching the "productivity" wind generated by discoveries, inventions and social changes.

Eg Women in OZ workforce add a one-time spike in productivity gain, which led to houses prices spurt because with double income, and same supply of houses, prices went up.

West running out of ideas to fire up productivity
http://www.sammyboy.com/showthread.php?135449-Has-the-world-reached-the-limits-of-economic-growth

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Yes, and the beginning of the so called "dual income" trap of the middle class. I hope more people realised this and eventually ends this bringing the housing prices down to more sustainable levels. Already, the Gen-Ys are complaining about their parents hoarding onto properties that they won't have a chance to ever get into.

* My traditional view of how we ended with widespread dual income.

Back in the days when married and preggy sheilas had to leave the workforce, not only do the blokes control the workplace, the cost of living was lower.

But you have this feminine movement who wanted equal access to the workplace.

These anti-men women (most are) are now anti non-working women. They complain the most about flexible work arrangement for working mothers.

The trouble is, after acting like men and winning the battles in the workforce, these anti-men cougars secretly travel to foreign lands like West Africa, Bali and Jordan, to meet up with younger gigolos who will treat them like women. They love the smooth and sweet attention given by these gigolos and curse the men back home.

They are in reality bitches of the worst kind!

I blame the feminist movement for creating all these trouble and driving women to work. Women should do what they do best, nurturing.

In the past, students excel because they have the attention of the best teachers. These best teachers have now joined the boardroom and those who score below 50 for university entry exams become teachers.
Good teachers also left because of too many poor quality teachers around.

Also, studies show that women are unhappy working full-time.

* long commute and cheap housing

I got into argument with a union recruiter (pretty one) who complained about the urban sprawl. Besides stupid people and dumb council laws, I reminded her that it is one of the more militant construction union who created this situation.

"Cheap" Perth houses are located far away because there are no cheap high-rise apartments close to city.

Builders cannot build apartments because they are too expensive, no one will buy them.

Militant unions are holding everyone to ransom.

Last edited:

Ash007

Alfrescian
Loyal
Heh neddy, good take, I have a very similar view as well. I'm not blaming the feminist movement per se. But the consequences of it. Its the pursuit of never ending "greed" of having a house in an "ideal" location. Of both parents not thinking of other "factors" but goes on head first into the market that is causing this. People, should look at history and the how changes brought about this change. I don't mind the "long commute", in fact I've been enjoying. 1 hour to get to work by train is not bad. I remember I saw a NHK program on CNA, "good morning Japan" ? About people living 3-4 hours commute to tokyo so they can have a proper house. Many people have done it. I just hate it when the long commute argument comes up about where I stay. Its not far by any standards I know outside of Australia!

The_Hypocrite

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Hi Neddy,,just want to add a point, I think China will also invest alot in the USA...USA is down but not out,,if they sort their deficit and get the economy going,,(which they can but wont due to political differences,,,the main areas of growth will be USA, China and Asia Pacific,,

USA grows,,,China Grows and SEA and Aust grows,,,there is alot of potential for china as their development is still not complete,,,the biggest question mark is Europe,,USA has alot going for it,,due to low currency, cheaper cost of living etc,,, just my rants

China has done its maths. For the next 40 years, the Oceania region will still be booming (there will be ups and downs, but the potential is there).

This Oceania region will be even more the darling of Chinese migration and investment.

For over a year, there have been a lot of Chinese attention ever since the planning and recent roll-out of the new visa for rich migrant in Australia.

Also, the amount of investment into OZ/NZ & Pacific islands to secure China's food bowl and make the Oceania the playground of the Chinese.

There will be more unlocking of potentials as Chinese money meets under-used assets.

Europe and North America are projected to be in decline.
Africa is conquered.
So, not much choice left.