• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

Ang Mo Kio market drama: Man fends off slasher with stool

Untouchables

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

Ang Mo Kio market drama: Man fends off slasher with stool

amkslashing_main.jpg

The New Paper
Monday, Jan 20, 2014

THE DRAMA

SINGAPORE - The cook said he was buying frozen food at an Ang Mo Kio stall when he heard a shout from behind him: "You don't repay the money you owe me, I'll kill you."

But before Mr Oh Teck Kui could react, he felt a sharp pain on his right arm.

He said that blood gushed from his arm as he turned around and saw a man he knew brandishing a chopper.

The man, Mr Oh's one-time gambling buddy, was allegedly attacking him.

"I had nothing to protect myself with, so I blocked the next blow with my left hand and got slashed on the index finger," said Mr Oh, 47, in Mandarin from his bed at Khoo Teck Puat hospital last night.

The drama unfolded at about 10.45am on Thursday at Ang Mo Kio 628 Market, and Mr Oh said he owed his life to a stool he used to block the attacks.

He said his first instinct when he was attacked was to run. But he realised quickly that he would not make it.

"I was afraid that I would lose consciousness and the attacker would hurt my wife," said Mr Oh, whose wife, Madam Angela Loh, 46, had accompanied him on his marketing trip.

So he turned around and grabbed a stool to fend off his assailant's attacks.

Mr Oh then wrestled the attacker to the floor between the market and the hawker centre.