• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

15% Economic Growth during YOG, MRT level @City Sq 3 Vacant Shops

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
Refer to this old thread again and today is a follow up.

http://sammyboy.com/showthread.php?t=67890

The govt claimed 15% economic growth while businesses are poor, City Square's basement 1 is directly connected to the NE8 MRT Train Station Exit I, these 3 (nicely covered up with flowers and butterflies) vacant shop lots are all within 30 seconds of walk from station exit I. They are vacant for more than a year after official openiing of City Sq. This was taken on Sunday night during Youth Olympic Games in Singapore but it is not as busy as it was supposed.

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJANQGMV22k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/LJANQGMV22k?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrU-pYzQ-3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/MrU-pYzQ-3A?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
<object width="1280" height="745"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/eFrZwZeInQU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/eFrZwZeInQU?fs=1&amp;hl=en_US" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="1280" height="745"></embed></object>

Brand new shopping mall video taken at HD1080 today, showing @ the cinema level 8pm+ tonight 26th July 2010. 3 restaurants were closed down (the dark areas at the beginning part) game arcade got few people. Restaurants at the main food level with lots of empty table, during this peak dinner hour.

There was also no queue at the cinema, no one needs to wait in any line at all to get a ticket.

Escalators and lifts got just only few people moving.

You can choose to view full HD 1080 and full screen, it is very clear.

Last edited:

lionsoup

Alfrescian
Loyal
People walking in the shopping malls does not even equal to people SPENDING in the malls. Too many windows shoppers who are not spending but just enjoying the FOC environment. Friends working in malls shared their experience with me.

po2wq

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
... The govt claimed 15% economic growth while businesses are poor, City Square's basement 1 is directly connected to the NE8 MRT Train Station Exit I, these 3 (nicely covered up with flowers and butterflies) vacant shop lots are all within 30 seconds of walk from station exit I. They are vacant for more than a year after official openiing of City Sq. This was taken on Sunday night during Youth Olympic Games in Singapore but it is not as busy as it was supposed. ...
it cud have been worse! ...

imajin if ze economic growth were 20% or mor ... lidat u can ensure whole basement oso vacant ...

btw, wat screen resolution u r using? ... :wink:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
If the famiLEE LEEgime's figure is to be taken literally, then pse ask them to take effective measures to COOL DOWN the OVER-HEATED economy lah! :eek::eek::rolleyes:

PRC was doing this 15% figure, and honestly, they took strong measure to chill down their over heated economy.

famiLEE LEEgime is so obviously fabricating their usual falsehood, and put them to answer why they did nothing to chill this OVER-HEATED economy :confused::confused::confused::biggrin:

Papsmearer

Alfrescian (InfP) - Comp
Generous Asset
If the famiLEE LEEgime's figure is to be taken literally, then pse ask them to take effective measures to COOL DOWN the OVER-HEATED economy lah! :eek::eek::rolleyes:

PRC was doing this 15% figure, and honestly, they took strong measure to chill down their over heated economy.

famiLEE LEEgime is so obviously fabricating their usual falsehood, and put them to answer why they did nothing to chill this OVER-HEATED economy :confused::confused::confused::biggrin:

Sinkie economy is unique in the world mah. interest rate so low, but sin dollar so strong. 15% economic growth, but only 2.5% inflation. These are incredible numbers. Must submit Gay Loong for Nobel prize in Econs.

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
At the food court upstairs in City Square HALF the stalls are unoccupied.

Very quite even on weekend's peak dinner hours.

Next time I will post video for these.

annexa

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck lah. You go check out Central, Central Mall, Riverside. Knn empty shopfronts. All empty because big corporate owner don't want to lower rental and hurt the rental market. There is excess capacity, but excessive pricing. And what is MIW gahmen doing about it? NOTHING!

manokie

Alfrescian
Loyal
Fuck lah. You go check out Central, Central Mall, Riverside. Knn empty shopfronts. All empty because big corporate owner don't want to lower rental and hurt the rental market. There is excess capacity, but excessive pricing. And what is MIW gahmen doing about it? NOTHING!

I don't think the government in any countries will correct rent prices like what you wish

If the owners cannot lease out their lots, they have to reduce their prices accordingly.

Brightkid

Alfrescian
Loyal
When the ONLY KPI of the PAPies, hence their bonus on their already un-Earthly salaries, is on GDP growth, anyone with sound mind expecting them to cool down the growth ?

Siow ah ?

halsey02

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
People walking in the shopping malls does not even equal to people SPENDING in the malls. Too many windows shoppers who are not spending but just enjoying the FOC environment. Friends working in malls shared their experience with me.

I went to 313 recently, it was crowded with young shoppers, many walking around, some YOG attendees were there too; walking around.

The food court at the top level, with the girls on the fanciful segways selling drinks is largely empty; for the prices are expensive. The only place buzzling with activities is the base food mall with small shops, the only place I see that has business; but not all the small shops. How long can these shops sustain ?, with high overheads, despite there is buisnee; there are just too many of them.

Anyway, one shopping centre nowdays look alike, you walk in, you see the same vendors, repeated over, over again....Giodarno, G2000, Hang Ten...classy ones Zara, and what nots..

In the old days, you go Peninisular shopping cantre, Lucky Plaza, Far East shopping...even Katong Shopping or Queesnway...or People's Park Complex....you get a localized feeling of shops, a different shopping experience for they cater for different crowds. Even though it look old & aged...the feel is different.

johnny333

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
The YOG crowd are mostly teenagers with little spending power. Many are from 3rd world countries.

So I don't see how they can boost spending in Spore :confused:

Lee_Gong_Yaw

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP's economic figures are starting to cut themselves and make them bleed. Voters can not feel any benefit not to say Proportional Benefit from these Very Impressive economic figures. They are enraged. They felt left out and betrayed. They had been very surely CHEATED.

saratogas

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sinkapore has over saturation of shopping areas. All selling the same kind of things, all tried to use discount to draw in customers but there is only so many buyers. Many Sinkies just gone window shopping. Competition is very great! We tried to create a niche market but it's just impossible here. $$$ hard to earn!

Watchman

Alfrescian
Loyal
PAP's economic figures are starting to cut themselves and make them bleed. Voters can not feel any benefit not to say Proportional Benefit from these Very Impressive economic figures. They are enraged. They felt left out and betrayed. They had been very surely CHEATED.

One will surely felt cheated to be caught in the weekend traffic jam week after week on our very precious weekends that we have .

Lets show them public spirit . Lets avoid the place .
Let the shop tenants screw demand answers from organizers .

bryanlim1972

Alfrescian
Loyal
I don't think the government in any countries will correct rent prices like what you wish

If the owners cannot lease out their lots, they have to reduce their prices accordingly.

unless they are part of a REIT and locked in to the interests of shareholders or something else in the terms of the REIT.

jumpmrt

Alfrescian
Loyal
I shot 5 mins of video all over the quiet City Square Mall today, 550MB totally.

McDonald got few customers only Coffee Bean so so.

Subways was totally empty only a manager sitting in customers' seat doing admin paper work.

Aji-sen Ramen totally empty. Only staffs are inside. Many restaurants are empty, only staffs are inside.

They are just 10 seconds walk from Ferrer Park MRT Exit I.

NTUC Fairprice very quiet.

Metro very quiet.

Best Denki very quiet.

Kopi Tiam food court very quiet, about 6 stalls closed down or not operating.

Jewel shops totally no customer only staffs. Same for gift shops.

I will upload to Youtube.Com tonight

Ramseth

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Foodcourt foods are indelible. Expensive way to vomit or commit suicide.

That they still have some business, it's a wonder.