• IP addresses are NOT logged in this forum so there's no point asking. Please note that this forum is full of homophobes, racists, lunatics, schizophrenics & absolute nut jobs with a smattering of geniuses, Chinese chauvinists, Moderate Muslims and last but not least a couple of "know-it-alls" constantly sprouting their dubious wisdom. If you believe that content generated by unsavory characters might cause you offense PLEASE LEAVE NOW! Sammyboy Admin and Staff are not responsible for your hurt feelings should you choose to read any of the content here.

The OTHER forum is HERE so please stop asking.

No Amount of High Salary Can Prevent Corruption

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
http://uncleyap-news.blogspot.com/2010/07/old-dog-lky-should-also-admit-no-amount.html

<!-- Begin #content --> <!-- Begin #main --> Thursday, July 22, 2010

<!-- Begin .post --> Old Dog LKY should also admit: No Amount of High Salary Can Prevent Corruption

Old Dog Thief Lee Kuan Yew's Confident and EGO washed away by flood water

(video:smile: He went all the way to the Kallang River to wash it.
MM Lee: No amount of engineering can prevent floods

This was Minister Mentor Lee Kuan Yew's response to the recent spate of flash floods that affected many areas in Singapore, including Bukit Timah, Orchard Road and Thomson Road.

MM Lee was speaking on the sidelines of his visit to the Kolam Ayer ABC Waterfront and the River Vista at Kallang, two new projects under the Public Utility Board's Active, Beautiful and Clean - or ABC - Waters Programme.

He said: "Whatever we do, when we get extraordinary rainfall - like we had recently - no amount of engineering can prevent flooding.

"There is a limited amount of space that you can dig underground, there is a limited amount of space that you can have run-offs for canals. And if you have extraordinary rainfall, well, you've got to prepare for it.

"But of course, everyone expects everything to be perfect - Singaporeans expect everything to be perfect - which we try to do, but some things which are beyond any... it is "Act of God". Unless you want to lose half the roads and have canals." ...more.

famiLEE LEEgime's myth of their capabilities to build & engineer city infrastructures had been washed away by flood water, gone is their ego and self-confidence. Both Old Dog Thief Lee Kuan Yew and his Ass Loong Son admitted that they are beaten by flooding of tinyred dot and they will not win.

This is expected and timely. Should be no surprise at all.

The famiLEE LEEgime is built up via piling up myths and falsehood, it would come apart by only this way, when the little boy pointed out at pimples on emperor's ass and everyone is laughing, he have to accept the truth that there is no New Robes and his ass is naked.

I invite Old Dog Thief Lee Kuan Yew to admit to another truth.

That is NO AMOUNT OF HIGH SALARIES CAN PREVENT CORRUPTION.

His CLEAN LEEgime is yet another myth just like his CLEAN & FLOOD-FREE red dot.

Would he need to wait until Corruption Scandals to be fully exposed like Water Flooding everywhere for him to admit this fact. NKF is already 5 years, more had surfaced. Political Masturbation & Davinda Singh can not solve the crisis of reality, just like clearing up culverts can not prevent floods.

Admit it Old Dog Thief, your defeat is already conclusive.

posted by uncleyap at 5:18 PM

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
Sam Leong's rotten server caused me to click POST many times while it hangs and returned the notorious database error.:(

Then as usual there are repeated threads as a result.

But tonight that rotten server went out for hours after that.

Get another server Sam! Or you are going to lose your visitors.:wink:

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
How can people accept legalized corrption??

Unacceptable but the question is what does one do about it when it clearly exist and is unacceptable.

I suggest it is to insist to REMOVE IT and PUNISH the culprits.

No use to just complain so much.

Pay the price and secure the results. So far I can have lots of desired results for small and very affordable price. :wink::cool:

It is time to correct Singaporeans' skew caused by influence of western democratic and spiritual values, to think that they have this & that rights as an entitlement or gift from god / heaven, therefore they need not pay a price for what they wanted, and just complain & their wish will be delivered by Santa on X'mas. Or fell on them from the sky FOC.:confused::rolleyes:

In reality, people have to empower themselves, acquire the strength and resources, put in the time & efforts and commitment, go through the fight, learn on the way, be dependent and not just expecting to be helped, scarify something when necessary, and ensure that every step get yourself advanced and on the right path to your goal.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
QUOTE]

Getting a ridiculously high salary is no longer a good thing. These days it is seen as something is seriously wrong with an organisation.

But, more and more, big investors are treating excess compensation as a reliable index that something serious may be wrong. In particular, it’s often a sign that a company’s board of directors is catering to the C.E.O.’s whims rather than supervising him.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2006/02/13/060213ta_talk_surowiecki

In Singapore's case, it ended up in a situation where instead of the government serving the people, the people are serving the government.

Getting a ridiculously high salary is also related to poor performance.

According to a study by the finance professors Jarrad Harford and Kai Li, very highly paid executives are more likely than their peers to make acquisitions, and to receive major financial rewards for doing so, even when the acquisition ends up destroying corporate value. And there is evidence that overpaid C.E.O.s are more likely to commit fraud that props up stock prices—perhaps because the more you have to gain from criminal activity, the more likely you are to engage in it.

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
My post above also apply to the Republic of Singapore Pte Ltd, wholly owned subsidiary of LeeConYew Holdings group of companies.

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
QUOTE]

Getting a ridiculously high salary is no longer a good thing. These days it is seen as something is seriously wrong with an organisation.

But, more and more, big investors are treating excess compensation as a reliable index that something serious may be wrong. In particular, it’s often a sign that a company’s board of directors is catering to the C.E.O.’s whims rather than supervising him.

Read more: http://www.newyorker.com/archive/2006/02/13/060213ta_talk_surowiecki

In Singapore's case, it ended up in a situation where instead of the government serving the people, the people are serving the government.

Getting a ridiculously high salary is also related to poor performance.

According to a study by the finance professors Jarrad Harford and Kai Li, very highly paid executives are more likely than their peers to make acquisitions, and to receive major financial rewards for doing so, even when the acquisition ends up destroying corporate value. And there is evidence that overpaid C.E.O.s are more likely to commit fraud that props up stock prices—perhaps because the more you have to gain from criminal activity, the more likely you are to engage in it.

so what is ur opinion with the Malaysian govt? esp with the PTP port project?
and those ministers in UK that claims personal expenses?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal

ALL / ANY Corruption or Abuse of Power are Punishable, the higher appointment or more highly trusted ones, deserve more serious punishment, for the same corrupted act.

Regardless of country / salary all abuse of powers are crimes. Even if state owed minister salaries, they should not be abusing power or stealing state's money.

It is an aggravation factor if they created falsehood and claimed to be CLEAN while satisfying their own greed from state resources - even LEEgally, it aggravated their corruption crime.

Malaysia's corrupted ministers we leave it to Malaysian people to punish.

My comments had previously put on this forum that I said BRAVO for arrest of MCA Ling Leong Sik, high time to clean up! :wink:

johnsgp1

Alfrescian
Loyal
ALL / ANY Corruption or Abuse of Power are Punishable, the higher appointment or more highly trusted ones, deserve more serious punishment, for the same corrupted act.

Regardless of country / salary all abuse of powers are crimes. Even if state owed minister salaries, they should not be abusing power or stealing state's money.

It is an aggravation factor if they created falsehood and claimed to be CLEAN while satisfying their own greed from state resources - even LEEgally, it aggravated their corruption crime.

Malaysia's corrupted ministers we leave it to Malaysian people to punish.

My comments had previously put on this forum that I said BRAVO for arrest of MCA Ling Leong Sik, high time to clean up! :wink:

The Constitution of Singapore is the supreme law of the Republic of Singapore. It lays down the fundamental principles and framework for the Executive, the Legislative and the Judiciary.
Together with the President and the Parliament, they perform check and balance to every member in Singapore.
If you think any of the minister is abusing power or stealing state's money, you can look for prove and punish them by law..
Even if they steal, they did it professionally and according to the law, they may be smart enough to avoid been caught, unlike the previous taiwan president and his wife, which leave tons of traces for the law enforcement to catch.
If u cant get any prove or evidence, u r merely a sheep 'ma-ing' around, shouting 'crime' all over the place like a fool.

In my previous post, i wrote abt the high perks for USA president even after they completed their terms, so what u want to comment abt that..
And what abt the Sultans in Malaysia, r u also saying they are 'cheating' legally?

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
The Constitution of Singapore is the supreme law of the Republic of Singapore. It lays down the fundamental principles and framework for the Executive, the Legislative and the Judiciary.
Together with the President and the Parliament, they perform check and balance to every member in Singapore.
If you think any of the minister is abusing power or stealing state's money, you can look for prove and punish them by law..
Even if they steal, they did it professionally and according to the law, they may be smart enough to avoid been caught, unlike the previous taiwan president and his wife, which leave tons of traces for the law enforcement to catch.
If u cant get any prove or evidence, u r merely a sheep 'ma-ing' around, shouting 'crime' all over the place like a fool.

In my previous post, i wrote abt the high perks for USA president even after they completed their terms, so what u want to comment abt that..
And what abt the Sultans in Malaysia, r u also saying they are 'cheating' legally?

Focus just on the famiLEE LEEgime.

Too easy to nail them for LEEgalized corruption and plundering, because this tiny red dot is very small and justification for huge salaries is too far stretched.

The most crucial part is their reasoning and rotten logics, to pay obscene amount of money to satisfy greed and enrich the politicians up-front, to claim to be THE CLEAN SYSTEM. This is the plundering and graft done from the state's funds, up-front, to satisfy greed and fulfill lavish life of the ministers. The principle is a form of legitimized corruption, carried out legitimately in the childish hope to fully satisfy the motives of other additional corruptions.

If this rotten principle of LKy old dog thief could be right against corruption crimes, then the following illustrations will show how applications of this principle made things absurd:

• Prevent stealing by lavishly enriching all the potential thieves before they try to commit crime of theft - using state resources!
  • Give rapist their ultimate satisfaction in sex, before they try to commit sex crimes - using state resources!

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::eek::eek::eek::cool::cool::cool:

What the famiLEE LEEgime is doing in Singapore is they pamper themselves better than high heavens, while treating the local peasants like slaves and 9th class citizens, worst then how foreigners had been treated here. What need to be highlighted here is the DRASTICALLY EXTREME DIFFERENT treatment between famiLEE LEEgime minions and the people. This difference is not just only in terms of salaries, but in almost every aspects.

The level of selfishness and unjust and moral evil are all worst than any normal crimes of corruptions.

How can these goes unpunished?:rolleyes::mad:

sampierre

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add on to what Uncle Yap has written, there are two very IMPORTANT areas of concern that could lead to LEEgalised corruption :

1) For many many years, despite the urgings of our Opposition MPs, our PaPaya Ministers and their immediate family members as well as senior public servants like Perm Secretaries have yet to PUBLICLY declare their assets ,

2) Also, I believe that immediate relatives of Ministers are also allowed to tender for Govt projects. If this is correct, I wonder about the IMPARTIALITY of the tender awards system.

uncleyap

Alfrescian
Loyal
To add on to what Uncle Yap has written, there are two very IMPORTANT areas of concern that could lead to LEEgalised corruption :

1) For many many years, despite the urgings of our Opposition MPs, our PaPaya Ministers and their immediate family members as well as senior public servants like Perm Secretaries have yet to PUBLICLY declare their assets ,

2) Also, I believe that immediate relatives of Ministers are also allowed to tender for Govt projects. If this is correct, I wonder about the IMPARTIALITY of the tender awards system.

Absolutely correct that is, LEEgalized corruption by famiLEE LEEgime can NEVER be looked upon by just only at their salaries alone. You get a clear overall view to better understand this corrupted and incompetent LEEgime, by looking at many more other aspects of Cronism and Nepotism which had been proudly claimed by Old Dog Thief Lee Kuan Yew to be his CLEAN system shamelessly.:mad:

You got to look at their Election System and Policing and Money Laundering and many other filthy businesses TOGETHER with their salaries, to be able to see the clear overall picture of what they are. And then decide how to punish them.
:mad:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset

You mention Malaysian govt and UK ministers.
- that is why Singaporeans need to ask their ministers the hard questions.

Singaporean ministers are just as corrupt, by not accepting checks on their finances, conflicts of interest, directorships.

The people are supposed to check on the govt to make sure that they are doing the right thing. Instead, the ministers have controlled every single voters in Singapore through all the govt controlled media. Unlike former USSR where they send the oppositions to Siberia, over in Singapore, there is no Siberia, so they initially used Sentosa, but now, they destroy the oppositions by bankrupting them and sending them to jail. The message is the same. Induce fear into the people so that they will not question the govt.

So, the Singapore PAP govt end up doing worse things than Malaysian and UK ministers, just that these matters are not published.

I live overseas and can see the huge difference between how politics work here and how bad things are (not referring to economic) back in my birth country. What Uncleyap does in Singapore is not much difference from what a respected journalist or politician would have done here.

I just done a postal vote for the Federal Australian Election. I have never need to vote in Singapore (except once for President) because of the walkover.

Last edited:

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Absolutely correct that is, LEEgalized corruption by famiLEE LEEgime can NEVER be looked upon by just only at their salaries alone. You get a clear overall view to better understand this corrupted and incompetent LEEgime, by looking at many more other aspects of Cronism and Nepotism which had been proudly claimed by Old Dog Thief Lee Kuan Yew to be his CLEAN system shamelessly.:mad:

You got to look at their Election System and Policing and Money Laundering and many other filthy businesses TOGETHER with their salaries, to be able to see the clear overall picture of what they are. And then decide how to punish them.
:mad:

Lee Kuan Yew has basically destroyed the very institutions that will ensure a stable political future of Singapore. His brand of politics will retard Singapore future growth and brainwash the Singaporean minds.

Singaporeans are being held back by the lack of information flowing in the mainstream media, and we have to turn to the alternative internet media to know what is going on.

Even then, the state-controlled media delight in bringing out other countries bad news, esp with politics, as if those problems are not happening within Singapore politics.

The 21st century is a frightening time to be a Singaporean because the country is facing big challenges and the PAP has ran out of excuses to keep its side of the social contract (I give you more good years, you give me your votte). PAP needs to do stupid things like arresting a British writer, in order to fuel the scare campaign to keep its citizens from rioting.

Economic democracy does not work in Singapore anymore!

Keep up the good work, uncleyap!

neddy

Alfrescian (Inf)
Asset
Cons are very common also...

Cons are all over the world.
Look here, it is impossible to have a perfect world unless you switch off at every bad news.
I have been giving my opinions to your questions.
I used to have a false sense of security in Singapore, thinking that everything is good and well. In fact, I used to ask the type of questions you ask.
But now, I have the answers.